Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DaBabesLite B problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> DaBabesLite B problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DaBabesLite B problem - 8/30/2012 4:16:13 PM   
SqzMyLemon

I'm posting this here rather than the tech forum because it's a mod and not an official scenario, so I hope I've put this in the proper sub-forum.

I'm running into issues with units not being able to recombine or fragments that will not join their parent units. We are 11 turns into a PBEM and I have a fragment of 1 support squad that can't rejoing the 21st Division parent unit. I also have the three components of the 66th somthing or other at Truk and they can't recombine. Mode is all the same, prep is all the same and there have been no upgrades of individual units. Has anyone else ran across this problem with any of the Babes mods?

Normally I wouldn't be too concerned, but as I mentioned, in only 11 turns I'm already having problems with two units not able to recombine.

Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)
Post #: 1
RE: DaBabesLite B problem - 8/30/2012 4:31:11 PM   
oldman45

Try putting all of them into the same mode, (no matter what mode they are in now) then change them all to rest.

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 2
RE: DaBabesLite B problem - 8/30/2012 5:40:42 PM   
US87891

Thank you oldman45 for trying. Keep it up. We need all the help we can get.

Fragments are killing everybody. I hate fragments. They should just disappear. But no it is not the scenario. The 21st Division starts out complete without any sub units. If there are fragments, they were created during the game somehow. BabesLite is stock in every respect with the LCUs so this looks like something for the tech forum.

The 66th Nav Gsn is an odd one. The original stock LCU designers put empty aviation support squad in the sub units but not in the main unit because the number of squads was ‘0’. Something about letting the AI add those squads to units so that planes could island hop from place-to-place because they can only auto-fly to or through a base with at least one aviation support squad …. The gazillion changes to recombine missed this little thing.

It is a database problem and it happens to all the stock based scenarios. I guess we could fix it in BabesLite, but there are so many changes happening that are affecting so many other things unintentionally that this one was not picked up by the sensor suite.

I checked, and fixing this would not impact BabesLite compatibility with stock or the AI in any way. Can get fixed in BabesLite, but stock will continue to have the problem.

Hesitate to do this because John wants BabesLite to be as transparent with stock as possible. If it is done for Babes, it must also be done for all the stock scenarios too. That is a world of pain for some poor schmuk.

Regards Matt

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 3
RE: DaBabesLite B problem - 8/30/2012 6:27:17 PM   
SqzMyLemon

Thanks oldman45 and US87891.

I don't recall having this issue in stock, so I thought it might be peculiar to DaBabesLite. The 21st Division fragment was created when loading it on an Amphibious TF, I needed to adjust the TF composition and that somehow created a single support squad fragment that won't recombine. I'm loading it on a single transport and sending her into harms way to be destroyed. I don't want any adverse affects for the 21st in combat if it's treated as incomplete?

The 66th I'll play around with. I'll turn upgrades on, but use it separately for the moment. Nothing here is crucial, but it does cause headaches. thanks for posting and clearing up that 's an issue with stock that carries over into DababesLite.

Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)

(in reply to US87891)
Post #: 4
RE: DaBabesLite B problem - 8/30/2012 8:27:47 PM   
oldman45

My bad, I thought it was the problem where units would not recombine because some where along the line one of them was stuck in a different mode.

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> DaBabesLite B problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI