Matrix Games Forums

Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Production using armaments question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Production using armaments question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Production using armaments question - 8/29/2012 7:28:42 PM   
IdahoNYer

What determines how many, of a specfic type of weapons system, are produced each turn? Assuming sufficient armaments in the pool of course.

For example, its now Nov 1941, and I've managed to produce a grand total of 28 76mm AT guns. Seems kinda light.
Post #: 1
RE: Production using armaments question - 8/29/2012 8:16:17 PM   
pompack

There were a number of threads addressing this just after the game came out (unfortuanately I can't locate any of them)

Going from memory, I believe the algorithm is something like this:

1) Determine the total number of armament points required to satisfy the demand of each unit, by armament type as modified by a die roll (I don't know if this is one for each type or one roll for each type for each unit)
2) If there are insufficient armament points, reduce the requirement for each type in proportion
3) Produce the required amount for each type as modified by a die roll; there is an adjustment made to the production for each type according to the number of that type currently in the pool but all I remember is it is complicated.

(in reply to IdahoNYer)
Post #: 2
RE: Production using armaments question - 8/29/2012 8:17:51 PM   
Walloc

Problem is first most the very few units that use it. Now i dunno if u made lots of those, but only 2 units that use the 76.2mm F-22 AT gun. Is type 41 AT bde's and type 41C AT regs. Type A and B, AT regs doesnt. At leased what i can find in a quick search. Most other units use the 45mm AT and 76mm field gun until much later in the war.

Hope it helps, else u need to provide more info

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 8/29/2012 8:18:38 PM >

(in reply to IdahoNYer)
Post #: 3
RE: Production using armaments question - 8/30/2012 3:23:25 AM   
IdahoNYer

Thanks guys.....so if I start creating units requiring the weapon systems, the production will accelerate for that system (assuming sufficient arm/supply). For example, if I create some 41c AT Regs, the 76mm AT gun production will increase to fill the requirement?

I've been holding off producing SUs that don't have equipment in the pool.....

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 4
RE: Production using armaments question - 8/30/2012 3:23:30 AM   
hfarrish

quote:

ORIGINAL: pompack

There were a number of threads addressing this just after the game came out (unfortuanately I can't locate any of them)

Going from memory, I believe the algorithm is something like this:

1) Determine the total number of armament points required to satisfy the demand of each unit, by armament type as modified by a die roll (I don't know if this is one for each type or one roll for each type for each unit)
2) If there are insufficient armament points, reduce the requirement for each type in proportion
3) Produce the required amount for each type as modified by a die roll; there is an adjustment made to the production for each type according to the number of that type currently in the pool but all I remember is it is complicated.

To summarize, the game produces (to varying degrees dependent on rolls) the weapons needed to fulfill the units you create, correct?

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 5
RE: Production using armaments question - 8/30/2012 3:55:25 AM   
Schmart

quote:

ORIGINAL: IdahoNYer

Thanks guys.....so if I start creating units requiring the weapon systems, the production will accelerate for that system (assuming sufficient arm/supply). For example, if I create some 41c AT Regs, the 76mm AT gun production will increase to fill the requirement?

I've been holding off producing SUs that don't have equipment in the pool.....

Yes. It's much like a 'build it and they will come' approach, for anything in the production screen with an "A" (for automatic) under the capacity column in the production screen. Keep in mind that higher Arm Pt cost equipment will take longer to fill out, and will be generally slower to produce. There'll be a lag in Russian production going from 41 into 42, as it'll take time for evacuated Arm factories to kick in. You probably won't see a noticeable effect until the second half of 1942.

The refit function also plays into it, so if you've got lots of Rifle or Cav units on refit, Rifle and Cav Squads will suck up a lot of Arm Pts as your Army is demanding lots of those Squads. All SUs are also automatically on refit, so on-map Artillery and AT units in non-refit mode will be the last rung on the ladder for new equipment. I adjust the max TOEs for my Art/AT/AA SUs to play on this effect. A lower SU max TOE will leave more Arm Pt production capacity to help on map Art/AT to fill up.

< Message edited by Schmart -- 8/30/2012 4:01:21 AM >

(in reply to IdahoNYer)
Post #: 6
RE: Production using armaments question - 8/30/2012 4:41:11 AM   
IdahoNYer

Thanks guys, that helps ALOT!!

(in reply to Schmart)
Post #: 7
RE: Production using armaments question - 8/30/2012 8:13:47 AM   
Helpless

Besides all being said before, there is a special modifier for the Soviet AT guns in 1941, which slows down their production. This represents huge deficit with AT guns and ammunition experienced by the Red Army 1941.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

(in reply to IdahoNYer)
Post #: 8
RE: Production using armaments question - 8/30/2012 12:26:01 PM   
Walloc

Hi Pavel,

Thx for the insight. While u in the mood. Can i sneak in a question and ask if there is some thing similar for morter/MGs?
They always seem to be the last thing filled up in SU units even if u have arma in surplus.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 9
RE: Production using armaments question - 8/30/2012 1:35:10 PM   
Helpless

Hi Rasmus,

Roll I'm talking about exists for all artillery and infantry weapons (including mortars and MGs) and it depends on the build cost. I'd say it is light enough for the small weapons to be ignored. In case of Soviet AT they have x10 multiplier in 1941, making them harder to build. There is nothing like that for anything else.

In all saves I was looking at I haven't seen anything specific about Mortars or MGs. They usually get built in large quantities if there is enough ammo/manpower. The tricky part is that even you see some ammo/manpower in the pool after the logistics it doesn't mean that was some when actual replacement for the unit did happen. Replacement process has multiple cycles when units can send equipment back and forth. It is believed that we eliminated most obvious instances of looping.

Pavel

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 10
RE: Production using armaments question - 8/30/2012 1:41:11 PM   
Walloc

Hi Pavel,

Thx much for the insights again.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 11
RE: Production using armaments question - 8/30/2012 1:52:04 PM   
Denniss

Equipment sent back to pool from oversize reduction (if a component TOE is above 125%) does not arrive in the current turn, otherwise there should not be a lot of manpower bound in transfer pool. Transfer pool gets only big on rare occassion if large amounts of equipments are replaced or their component TOE grossly reduced.

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Production using armaments question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI