Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix/Slitherine forum combination

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix/Slitherine forum combination Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix/Slitherine forum combination - 8/29/2012 1:32:39 PM   
vonRocko

Will Matrix/Slitherine ever combine their forums? As it is, we have to go to two forums to get information for one game. Especially the "coming soon" section.
Slitherine forums seem to have more info on upcoming games. Wouldn't it be easier for Mat/Slith and us to have one place to find info?
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix/Slitherine forum combination - 8/29/2012 4:32:46 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

It's a very large job for us - and something we are very keen to do. The biggest issue is trying to combine the user lists. Aided by the fact that they are written on different server OSes .

But it's definitely in the plan - we just don't have a timeline as yet.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix/Slitherine forum combination - 8/29/2012 4:41:56 PM   
planner 3

Please don't !

"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix/Slitherine forum combination - 8/29/2012 5:09:54 PM   
vonRocko

Thanks Pip.

quote:

ORIGINAL: planner 3

Please don't !

planner 3, may I ask what you would have against that?

(in reply to planner 3)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix/Slitherine forum combination - 8/29/2012 6:36:43 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Thanks Pip.

quote:

Please don't !

planner 3, may I ask what you would have against that?

Same thing I have against-I don't want it.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix/Slitherine forum combination - 8/29/2012 6:42:53 PM   
vonRocko

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

Same thing I have against-I don't want it.

But I do!

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix/Slitherine forum combination - 8/30/2012 1:51:52 AM   
planner 3

I prefer this site since it's where I found the game and I come here to roost quite often, no other reason.

Besides I get to see/read Hans and Fritz here, aka parruski and his cohort in grime Bowsprite, no, maybe warbird, no that's not correct either, well anyway Heckle and Jeckle the Booby Twins.

< Message edited by planner 3 -- 8/30/2012 1:52:27 AM >

"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix/Slitherine forum combination - 8/30/2012 2:29:21 AM   
warspite1

quote:

I prefer this site since it's where I found the game and I come here to roost quite often, no other reason.

Besides I get to see/read Hans and Fritz here, aka parruski and his cohort in grime Bowsprite, no, maybe warbird, no that's not correct either, well anyway Heckle and Jeckle the Booby Twins.
Warspite1

That would be warspite1 - as in HMS Warspite, the most beautiful* battleship that ever put to sea

* not a classical beauty like HMS Hood admittedly, but a lady full of character, one that, by 1937 had been round the block a few times already, but for whom the main event was still to come

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to planner 3)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix/Slitherine forum combination - 8/30/2012 7:59:43 AM   
jamesm

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

Warspite1

That would be warspite1 - as in HMS Warspite, the most beautiful* battleship that ever put to sea

* not a classical beauty like HMS Hood admittedly, but a lady full of character, one that, by 1937 had been round the block a few times already, but for whom the main event was still to come

Yeap, I always wondered why the Brits did not preserve it. It was veteran of Jutland (In which she took a battering while fighting with Betty's Battle Cruisers) and numerous campaigns in WW2.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9
RE: Matrix/Slitherine forum combination - 8/30/2012 3:46:12 PM   
Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

It's a very large job for us - and something we are very keen to do. The biggest issue is trying to combine the user lists. Aided by the fact that they are written on different server OSes .

But it's definitely in the plan - we just don't have a timeline as yet.

Cheers

Pip

Good to hear that. I'm sad to see it go, but things move on and it definitely would be an improvement as some subforums are much more active over at Slitherines and vice versa. Matter of fact I would have expected it by now, the merger I mean, a combined forum and all. Yes it *is* a big task, different OS and a vast userbase, still there are ways to solve that.
But you know us, we're used to our forum names, so please be gentle with it So yeah no hurries here.

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 10
RE: Matrix/Slitherine forum combination - 8/30/2012 4:32:40 PM   
J P Falcon

More and more mankind is becoming so damn lazy that it is now an annoying chore to simply navigate through two forums! This idea of combining forums is pure rubbish!

< Message edited by J P Falcon -- 8/30/2012 4:33:40 PM >

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 11
RE: Matrix/Slitherine forum combination - 8/30/2012 5:04:22 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

It would simplify a vast range of things, like avoiding the need to Matrix forum users to create a seperate Slitherine account for PBEM++, making it simple to have a single registry of your game purchases and a single point of contact for tech support.

So it is coming (note - this means the accounts will (eventually!) be combined into one, but not that we would try and squeeze everything in to a single forum or community) at some point, we just don't know when.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to J P Falcon)
Post #: 12
RE: Matrix/Slitherine forum combination - 8/30/2012 7:18:50 PM   
vonRocko

quote:

ORIGINAL: J P Falcon
This idea of combining forums is pure rubbish!

You better get use to the idea, it's coming!

(in reply to J P Falcon)
Post #: 13
RE: Matrix/Slitherine forum combination - 8/30/2012 7:31:32 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: jamesm

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

Warspite1

Yeap, I always wondered why the Brits did not preserve it. It was veteran of Jutland (In which she took a battering while fighting with Betty's Battle Cruisers) and numerous campaigns in WW2.
warspite1

We did not preserve her for one main reason; we were absolutely stoney broke, penniless, not a pot to wee in, brassic, the cupboard was bare, up a certain creek without a wading implement etc.

That reality makes it no less sad, that they took the short-sighted, rubbish decision to scrap the Grand Old Lady

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to jamesm)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix/Slitherine forum combination Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI