Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A couple of general questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> A couple of general questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A couple of general questions - 8/27/2012 9:29:46 PM   
BillWallace

1) Can supply units be used to extend a line infinitely? e.g. if supply radius is 25, and I have a unit 100 mps away from the supply point, with a supply unit 25,50, and 75 mps along the path, will the unit be at full supply?

2) It doesn't matter how far the supply unit is from the supply point correct? If the unit/hex to be supplied is within one supply radius of the unit, it gets the full benefit from the supply unit, and if it is not within one radius is gets no benefit. Correct?

3) What happens to the squads and equipment of withdrawn units? Do they go into the pool? If not, is it wise to disband the units before they withdraw?

Post #: 1
RE: A couple of general questions - 8/27/2012 11:21:10 PM   
golden delicious

I don't know the new supply system that intimately, but with unit withdrawals the equipment is removed from the game (it does not count as lost for loss penalty purposes). It would be very bad form to disband units before they withdraw. I'd consider it an exploit. I'm not sure whether the game would run the reconstitution check before they withdraw so you may lose the equipment anyway.

N.B. there are Disband as well as Withdraw events; these do dump the equipment into the pool.

< Message edited by golden delicious -- 8/27/2012 11:22:03 PM >

"Event 902: Bob Cross slays dragons!"

http://www.savemstateathletics.com/tdg/

(in reply to BillWallace)
Post #: 2
RE: A couple of general questions - 8/28/2012 2:05:22 AM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillWallace

1) Can supply units be used to extend a line infinitely? e.g. if supply radius is 25, and I have a unit 100 mps away from the supply point, with a supply unit 25,50, and 75 mps along the path, will the unit be at full supply?

Supply units do not combine or cooperate with each other. They function independently. All that matters is whether the unit is within a supply radius of the supply unit. So, a unit can receive benefits from no more than one supply unit.

quote:

2) It doesn't matter how far the supply unit is from the supply point correct? If the unit/hex to be supplied is within one supply radius of the unit, it gets the full benefit from the supply unit, and if it is not within one radius is gets no benefit. Correct?

That is correct. But note that the nature of the benefit depends upon whether Old Supply or New Supply is in use. Under Old Supply, the supply unit increases hex supply by 25%. Under New Supply, the supply unit shortens the distance to the Supply Point by a Supply Radius.

quote:

3) What happens to the squads and equipment of withdrawn units? Do they go into the pool? If not, is it wise to disband the units before they withdraw?

Withdrawn units take their equipment with them. So, yes, it would be beneficial to disband the units just before they are withdrawn - or use them in kamikaze attacks (except for the Loss Penalty effect). But this is correctly considered to be a gamey misuse of those features.

< Message edited by Curtis Lemay -- 8/28/2012 4:46:45 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: A couple of general questions - 8/28/2012 11:26:27 PM   
BillWallace

Thanks!

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 4
RE: A couple of general questions - 9/3/2012 7:15:48 PM   
BillWallace

More:

In PBEM is there a way to see combat reports for the combats that occur on your opponents turns? Or is the only thing you get the overview playback?

Sometimes I load a PBEM game and it's on the units are hidden setting, which ruins the playback. But the only way I've found to get a good playback is to exit out of that playback, fix the unit setting, save the game as something else, and reload the turn. Is there a better way?

Thanks...

Post #: 5
RE: A couple of general questions - 9/4/2012 2:47:48 AM   
ogar

Bill,

Maybe you could trade sitreps with your PBEM opponent ? That can help add detail to "FORCE 1 attacks hex 158,39" "FORCE 2 defends hex 158,39". If both players agree to trading, that helps, and of course, there's Larry's program for displaying the sitreps in review.

You _might_ be able to run toawlog off PBEM, but I think both players have to agree to this, and even then, I do not if it will work.

Post #: 6
RE: A couple of general questions - 9/5/2012 11:47:56 PM   
BillWallace

ogar thanks,

I'm not looking for something out of the ordinary, or something that my opponent would not have. I just want to make sure that I'm not missing something standard that everyone does that allows them to see the reports. I think it's weird that you see them when you attack but not when you defend. But if that's the way it is then ok.

(in reply to ogar)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> A couple of general questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI