Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario Problem- Mons 14

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Scenario Problem- Mons 14 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario Problem- Mons 14 - 8/27/2012 6:14:07 PM   
General Staff

See http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3148306&mpage=1&key= and I duplicated this too.

Start scenario with Entente as Computer, which means it goes first and you don't have to do anything. When Entente finishes moving the screen just displays the Entente End of Scenario Victory Briefing. Hitting 'End Turn' just repeats this.

Try as Entente versus German Computer. Once you hit end turn as Entente, same thing. Computer vs Computer and Hotseat, same thing. As soon as Entente finishes turn, scenario shows as over. PBEM saves a file, but then when you load to play turn 1 as Germany, ditto first thing- Entente End of Scenario Victory Briefing.

There are only 6 events, none of which would cause this (IMO)- 1xNews, 2xTheater Recon, 2xRail Transport, 1xStrategic Bias.

TOAW III v3.4.0.202, Win 7 SP1, everything else (and all other scenarios) has been running (loading) fine since install of 3.4.0.202 at least a year ago.

< Message edited by General Staff -- 8/27/2012 9:04:03 PM >

Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
(J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario Problem- Mons 14 - 8/27/2012 8:17:26 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Staff

See http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3148306&mpage=1&key= and I duplicated this too.

Start scenario with Entente as Computer, which means it goes first and you don't ave to do anything. When Entente finishes moving the screen just displays the Entente End of Scenario Victory Briefing. Hitting 'End Turn' just repeats this.

Try as Entente versus German Computer. Once you hit end turn as Entente, same thing. Computer vs Computer and Hotseat, same thing. As soon as Entente finishes turn, scenario shows as over. PBEM saves a file, but then when you load to play turn 1 as Germany, ditto first thing- Entente End of Scenario Victory Briefing.

There are only 6 events, none of which would cause this (IMO)- 1xNews, 2xTheater Recon, 2xRail Transport, 1xStrategic Bias.

TOAW III v3.4.0.202, Win 7 SP1, everything else (and all other scenarios) has been running (loading) fine since install of 3.4.0.202 at least a year ago.

Got to play this with Old Turn Order. There are no German forces on the map at the start of the game. In New Turn Order, they don't arrive till the German player turn, and the game is lost (due to no German land units on the map at the end of the Entente player turn) before they can be put on the map.

It works in Old Turn Order, though.

< Message edited by Curtis Lemay -- 8/27/2012 8:19:03 PM >

(in reply to General Staff)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario Problem- Mons 14 - 8/27/2012 8:51:04 PM   
shunwick

Oooo Bob,

You got there before me.

Best wishes,
Steve

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario Problem- Mons 14 - 8/27/2012 9:00:19 PM   
General Staff

Ah, should of thought of that. Been away too long. How on earth did you figure this out so quick? And thank you.

Looking for solutions- yourself's aside since I like New Turn Order- it would seem you'd need to edit the scenario to put German units on map at start, as opposed to entering turn 1. With Old Turn Order they DO show up at start, so it's not an issue, since reinforcements as part of bookkeeping get done at beginning of Player 1's turn for BOTH players. Or state in Scenario Briefing you must use Old Turn Order (Menu->Play->(Set Advanced) Game Options->New Turn Order Rules=Off).

While we're at it, introduce a House Rule that German forces are untouchable by Entente in their turn 1, since it's possible to move Entente units adjacent and shell these unprotected German stacks (though new anti-ant attack rules should help Germans).

Or modify code to check for victory at beginning of each player's turn AFTER reinforcements get introduced and posted to the map.

Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
(J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Scenario Problem- Mons 14 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI