No PBEM++ ?

Strategic War in Europe is a grand strategy game where you command one or more of the 25 countries in the game. War, diplomacy, technological progress, recruitment, conquest – this is all in your hands. There are no restrictions to the actions you can perform during your turn: unit movement, purchase, attack, technology investment, reinforcement, all of those can be done at any moment during the turn.

Moderator: doomtrader

keyser soze

No PBEM++ ?

Post by keyser soze »

Game looks like short version of Time of Fury game which should be a very good thing especially for multiplayer and PBEM. But if game doesn't have support for PBEM++ this is big minus because classical PBEM is very suitable for cheating.
doomtrader

RE: No PBEM++ ?

Post by doomtrader »

PBEM++ can be used only for Slitherine/Matrix exclusive games, so this is the reason why we didn't include them.
Titan

Post by Titan »

I had the orginal TOW and that had PBEM, i thought that game was alittle clunky but liked the concept, tired of CAEW and thought this would be a good replacement, however no pbem will put this off the menu as i don't like playing agaisnt AI, is it likley to have that option?
papajack

Post by papajack »

it does have the normal PBEM , just not the server based (PBEM++)[:)]
ricodc

Post by ricodc »

the PBEM is really simple just have to send one file via email & move to game folder
keyser soze

Post by keyser soze »

ORIGINAL: ricodc

the PBEM is really simple just have to send one file via email & move to game folder

And do it again and again for numberless times until you are satisfied with combat results. This is the most common cheat in normal PBEM games. That why I have asked for PBEM++ option.
battlevonwar

Post by battlevonwar »

Some server games can be cheated also. You have to rely on honor. Unless you're going RTS ... that is something people can cheat at too if they're smart, seen it a gazillion times. That being said, play a few dozen PBEM games by zip-save mail if you win 60% of the time and assume cheating happened most of the time as you state. You're honourable and so good you should pat yourself on the back as Cheaters generally don't stick it out and learn the intricacies of anything, their tactics being poor enough no roll of the dice will mean they win 100% of the time, half of the time!
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Every system can be cheated.
But I'm pretty sure that there are many honest players here.
papajack

Post by papajack »

For me PBEM++ main benefit is the ability to find players

Return to “Strategic War in Europe”