Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

VF-3 Rank Heavy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> VF-3 Rank Heavy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VF-3 Rank Heavy - 8/27/2012 5:09:02 AM   
afspret

Anybody else noticed VF-3 is very rank heavy? During a recent turn in a game I'm playing using my own mod based on Ironman, I noticed the rank issue with VF-3. The pilot list for the squadron shows the unit has 22 pilots, consisting of 2 LCDRs (1 as CO), 1 LT, 1 LTJG & 1 ENS, leaving the remaining 17 pilots holding ranks of CDR & CAPT. I checked other carrier based units & none are even close to being as rank heavy as VF-3.

Thinking it was something I did while making my mod, I checked the "Pilots" section for the database in mine & found about half the pilots listed under VF-3 as having the rank of WO-ComWealth Air, with US Navy shown for nationality. I loaded up Scen 1 & 10 and found VF-3 was just as rank heavy, & when I checked the "Pilots" section of the databases for Scen 1 & 10 and found the same WO rank thing.

I went back to the database for my mod & changed the ranks of all those shown as being WO to either ENS, LTJG or LT & it solved the problem, no CDRs or CAPTs. Now if I can only figure out how to solve the rank heavy issue with a lot of the RAF/RAAF/RCAF & FAA units!
Post #: 1
RE: VF-3 Rank Heavy - 8/27/2012 2:54:07 PM   
dr.hal

Unfortunately, except for a few historical inputs, rank doesn't mean anything, other than an Ensign in charge of a BB usually means the ensign is VERY green.... and not from being seasick!

(in reply to afspret)
Post #: 2
RE: VF-3 Rank Heavy - 8/27/2012 11:42:25 PM   
afspret

A mistake on my part, it's actually VF-2, not VF-3.

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 3
RE: VF-3 Rank Heavy - 8/28/2012 5:59:18 PM   
packerpete

VF-2 started out as an almost exclusively enlisted pilot core with probably the most experience in the Navy. Those same pilots were all promoted enmasse shortly after the war started. This may account for the rank heavyness perception.

(in reply to afspret)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> VF-3 Rank Heavy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI