Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

what stacks and what doesn't?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> what stacks and what doesn't? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
what stacks and what doesn't? - 8/26/2012 2:04:31 PM   
endoric

ok i understand when an item says only one is needed and further modules give no extra bonus (except that if one is damaged and the other is not you get a redundancy effect) but some items like proximity arrays do not indicate if they stack or not.

the proximity array does not have a visible stat on the ship design screen such as the countermeasures or repair modules that can help one tell whether or not there is any point in adding more than one.

so if for example i add multiple proximity arrays would i get a higher chance to track enemies into hyperspace?
Post #: 1
RE: what stacks and what doesn't? - 8/26/2012 2:07:48 PM   
ASHBERY76

Nothing stacks.

(in reply to endoric)
Post #: 2
RE: what stacks and what doesn't? - 8/26/2012 2:18:31 PM   
endoric

shields , armor , energy collectors , reactors , cargo mods, troop mods, fuel storage all stack obviously and they do have visible stats. so with the exception of the obvious nothing else does?

it was only confusing for me because some items specify that more than one is pointless.

the medical center and recreation center specify that only one is needed and more wont add any bonus. command centers obviously do not but it does not indicate so and you can add several if you wish HOWEVER hyperdrives show a warning that only one is needed if you add a second mod.

just a lack of consistency in warnings and descriptions.

thanks again.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 3
RE: what stacks and what doesn't? - 8/26/2012 4:05:57 PM   
Panpiper

If I have twice as many repair bots, do I repair components twice as fast, or does having more than one just mean if one gets damaged, I am still repairing?

(in reply to endoric)
Post #: 4
RE: what stacks and what doesn't? - 8/26/2012 4:36:14 PM   
endoric

with repair and other things that appear as a stat on the ship design screen you will notice that the percentage only goes up with the first mod added.

unlike armor or shields where it goes up with each mod added.

so with repair bots all having 2 will do is cause you not to lose the repair effect if one of them goes down as the other will act as a back up.

so look at the stats on the lower right and watch as you add and remove items.

(in reply to Panpiper)
Post #: 5
RE: what stacks and what doesn't? - 8/26/2012 5:34:24 PM   
Theluin

Hyperdrives actually do stack to some extent. If you, for example, put both a kaldos and an equinox on one ship than it will use the shorter jump initiation time, the faster speed and the bigger energy consumption.

(in reply to endoric)
Post #: 6
RE: what stacks and what doesn't? - 8/26/2012 7:54:29 PM   
Tanaka

I guess targeting computers do not stack as well?

(in reply to Theluin)
Post #: 7
RE: what stacks and what doesn't? - 8/26/2012 8:34:54 PM   
endoric

no the targeting bonus is listed on the ship design screen and wont go p with more installed.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> what stacks and what doesn't? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI