Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for a new CG PBEM

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for a new CG PBEM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for a new CG PBEM - 8/25/2012 5:53:27 PM   
Chickenboy

I'm looking for another 1x1 CG PBEM opponent. Haven't yet decided on whether I'd prefer to play the Japanese or Allies this go around-I'm flexible.

A little about me: I'm a forum rat, as most of you probably already know. I've started 4 CG PBEMs, of which one is still running (vs. USS Henrico). One of my PBEMs was cut short due to technical difficulties (AW1Steve) and another to a change in life circumstances in my 2x2 PBEM partner necessitating a withdrawal. My first CG PBEM partner disappeared into the ether within 3 months of our game start.

I'd rate my abilities as solid and am quite comfortable with the mechanics of the Japanese side of the game. My preference is for a (mostly) historical pace and no gameyness. We can discuss that in more detail. Flexible on HRs too, we can negotiate through that list.

I apologize in advance, but I'm going to be very selective in selecting my opponent. I'd like some reassurance that my opponent won't quit or disappear after some setbacks, so I'm only entertaining candidates with a known track record. References would be helpful too.

I'll keep this thread running for a while. Post here if you're interested or PM me.

Cheers,

Chickenboy

ETA: Opponent found, request closed.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 9/3/2012 2:03:51 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 8/25/2012 6:41:54 PM   
AW1Steve

Sorry about the previous 1x1. And unfortunately I just committed to a 1x1 because I wasn't aware that you have an opening. My 2x2 that I'm partnering with Yuri has had interst expressed by Sprior. I know it's not what you advertised, but might you consider joining with "The Lord High Admiral" against us?

"Geezerhood is a state of mind, attained by being largely out of yours". AW1Steve

"Quit whining and play the game. Or go home". My 7th grade baseball coach. It applies well to WITP AE players.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 8/27/2012 10:24:38 AM   
GreyJoy

Hi Chickenboy,

you mean you're looking for a new GC as Japan?
As you probably know, i have one ongoing game as Japan against QBall (DBB Scen 30 with stacking limits) and would like to start a new game as Allies (so to have 2 games going on, one for each side of the "hill").
Are you interested in DBB with stacking limits?

If so, i'm in...

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 8/27/2012 4:24:53 PM   
Chickenboy

Hi Greyjoy,

Intriguing offer-thanks.

I'm not a big fan of the mods out there, including "Da Babes" in all of its variants. Too little regular support to engender a full-length campaign, IMO. Would you be interested in a 'vanilla' or 'stock' scenario 2 perhaps?

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 4
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 8/27/2012 4:34:24 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

I'm looking for another 1x1 CG PBEM opponent. Haven't yet decided on whether I'd prefer to play the Japanese or Allies this go around-I'm flexible.

A little about me: I'm a forum rat, as most of you probably already know. I've started 4 CG PBEMs, of which one is still running (vs. USS Henrico). One of my PBEMs was cut short due to technical difficulties (AW1Steve) and another to a change in life circumstances in my 2x2 PBEM partner necessitating a withdrawal. My first CG PBEM partner disappeared into the ether within 3 months of our game start.

I'd rate my abilities as solid and am quite comfortable with the mechanics of the Japanese side of the game. My preference is for a (mostly) historical pace and no gameyness. We can discuss that in more detail. Flexible on HRs too, we can negotiate through that list.

I apologize in advance, but I'm going to be very selective in selecting my opponent. I'd like some reassurance that my opponent won't quit or disappear after some setbacks, so I'm only entertaining candidates with a known track record. References would be helpful too.

I'll keep this thread running for a while. Post here if you're interested or PM me.

Cheers,

Chickenboy

Let me add that CB is very modest. He's an outstanding player , who will always be challeging to play. He has no problem with "thinking outside the box" and will always leave you looking forward to that next turn in the box. He's an incredibly nice guy, thoughtful and fun, and you will never regret accepting his offer. He has a way of making it fun, even when he's handing you your head (as he did often to me , in two seperate PBEM's)!

My only regret is that I have a 1x1 going , another committed to , and am trying to organize a 2x2. But CB has my absolute strongest recommendations!

"Geezerhood is a state of mind, attained by being largely out of yours". AW1Steve

"Quit whining and play the game. Or go home". My 7th grade baseball coach. It applies well to WITP AE players.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 8/27/2012 8:34:49 PM   
Chickenboy

Thanks for the nice words, Steve.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 6
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 8/28/2012 12:08:00 AM   
GreyJoy

quote:

Hi Greyjoy,

Intriguing offer-thanks.

I'm not a big fan of the mods out there, including "Da Babes" in all of its variants. Too little regular support to engender a full-length campaign, IMO. Would you be interested in a 'vanilla' or 'stock' scenario 2 perhaps?

DBB is, imho, more than a mod, and it's constantly supported by a team of nice people....
However i don't mind using the vanilla database (even if i think that the changes made to the AA make the game really more balanced)...i just cannot think to wanna play anymore without the stacking limits extended map...which is, imho, a huge improvement in terms of strategy game (especially in China and Burma where you don't see anymore Death Stars)...

What about a stock game but with Andrew Brown's extended map with stacking limits? Would you be interested?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 8/28/2012 12:26:05 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

quote:

Hi Greyjoy,

Intriguing offer-thanks.

DBB is, imho, more than a mod, and it's constantly supported by a team of nice people....
However i don't mind using the vanilla database (even if i think that the changes made to the AA make the game really more balanced)...i just cannot think to wanna play anymore without the stacking limits extended map...which is, imho, a huge improvement in terms of strategy game (especially in China and Burma where you don't see anymore Death Stars)...

What about a stock game but with Andrew Brown's extended map with stacking limits? Would you be interested?

Hi GreyJoy,

Thanks again for posting. I'm for HR discussion to limit Death Stars, if they are the nature of the problem rather than "modding" the game.

I also don't understand the nature of the extended map and what impact it would have on gameplay. I am familiar with a few maps that put a few more bases in the Philipines-but I don't see why that's 'worth' playing a non-standard game, if that makes sense.

I guess I'm boring in my preference to stick with an 'official' game with the official map.

Thanks for the offer(s) anyways.

Chickenboy

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 8
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 8/28/2012 5:00:11 PM   
GreyJoy

Ok Chickenboy,

no problem. I perfectly understand your pov. In a game that requires this kind of commitment, not only you need to have a suitable partner, you also need a game (or a mod) you like and towards which you don't have any particular objiections.

Good hunting!

Ciao

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 8/28/2012 8:16:34 PM   
Empire101

Are you still looking CB?

My GC came to an untimely end, so I'm clear for another game start.

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 10
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 8/28/2012 10:40:02 PM   
Chickenboy

Hi Empire 101,

Yes-still looking. I'll PM you...

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 11
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 8/29/2012 12:27:39 AM   
gunny3013

Are you still looking CB?

I'm in love with this game and looking for a CG as an Allied player. I always complete what I begin.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 12
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 8/29/2012 3:47:48 AM   
Chickenboy

Hi gunny3013,

PM sent to you. Thanks for replying to this thread.

(in reply to gunny3013)
Post #: 13
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 8/29/2012 1:07:36 PM   
Ron Saueracker

Hey CB. I'm also more inclined to stick with the standard scenarios as I must think more errata as been fixed. I tend to play a realistic style of game myself as well, no gaming the system for me but I do experiment with tactics, strategies, force comps etc. I have not played PBEM much since the dev days (2005) so games did not last long due to game stopping bugs. I'd like a nice long run if ya have it in you to give.

Ron

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 14
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 8/29/2012 4:59:02 PM   
witpqs

Guys - by all means any scenario you want! But just to clear up something, the vast amount of errata is fixed in Babes, not Stock.

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 15
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 8/30/2012 2:21:51 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

Hey CB. I'm also more inclined to stick with the standard scenarios as I must think more errata as been fixed. I tend to play a realistic style of game myself as well, no gaming the system for me but I do experiment with tactics, strategies, force comps etc. I have not played PBEM much since the dev days (2005) so games did not last long due to game stopping bugs. I'd like a nice long run if ya have it in you to give.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the reply. I've PM'ed you to talk a little more...

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 16
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 8/31/2012 4:12:00 PM   
Keifer

Senor Ninodepollo,

I am looking for a game and I am currently unemployed so I have lots of time.

I've only played allies so far.

Thanks, Keith

Old School Midway Fanboy

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 17
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 8/31/2012 8:37:21 PM   
Chickenboy

Thanks for the reply, Keifer-PM sent to talk further.

(in reply to Keifer)
Post #: 18
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 8/31/2012 9:41:40 PM   
gunny3013

Keifer - PM Sent

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 9/3/2012 2:03:14 AM   
Chickenboy

Thanks for the replies gents. Opponent found and this request is closed.

(in reply to gunny3013)
Post #: 20
RE: Looking for a new CG PBEM - 9/3/2012 2:05:14 AM   
witpqs

Are we gonna see an AAR?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for a new CG PBEM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI