Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Editor ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Mods and Scenarios >> Editor ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editor ? - 8/25/2012 7:55:39 AM   
kirk23

Hi I don't own this game yet but I'm seriously considering buying,my question is this Case Blue has an editor,but Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris does not,as they are both made by the same Company for a series of games,is the editor in Case Blue backward compatible,can I use it to edit Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris ?

Make it so!
Post #: 1
RE: Editor ? - 8/25/2012 8:32:48 AM   
**budd**

DC1 has an editor now, was included in the latest patch. see here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3151227

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 2
RE: Editor ? - 8/25/2012 8:39:46 AM   
kirk23

Thanks for swift reply,I really like the look of these games,I bought WITE but I think I prefer this game,and it's half the price of WITE,what do you think of this series of games?

I forgot that I have the original Advanced Tactics game in my collection,but it's not installed on my PC,is it worth buying the Gold version or for the same price buy Case Blue ?

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 8/25/2012 9:23:05 AM >

Make it so!

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 3
RE: Editor ? - 8/25/2012 9:20:38 AM   
Keunert

easy to learn, hard to master
was Flaviusx description and it fits the game very well.

A lot of depth, a great UI and a good replay value. plus a hard to master but i guess really mighty editor.
should guarantee for more scenarios. the guys already did some great map/unit mods.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 4
RE: Editor ? - 8/25/2012 9:26:12 AM   
kirk23

Thanks I think I will buy soon,but if you see my earlier edited post,I own Advanced tactics but to be honest I totally forgot about it,I have now installed it on my PC and updated it,still swithering wether I should buy the Gold version,or just buy Case Blue decisions decisions?

Make it so!

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 5
RE: Editor ? - 8/25/2012 9:31:13 AM   
**budd**

I'm a bit of an operational lightweight. WITE is a little to intimidating to me [not to mention the time suck]at the moment. I'm hoping to work my way up to the large scenarios and games. I'm a big fan of this game[have only played the smaller scenarios] It feels more approachable to me and since i've played Advanced Tactics a bit I'm used to the UI as they as similar. I really like the card system and the fact you can use free setup to try different approaches to a scenario. To me it is just a well thought out system that is approachable with alot going on under the hood and most importantly it is fun....isn't that one of the main reasons we play. Also the fact that the developer is active on the forums and is always considerate of others input is another plus for the games.

If you haven't already, I'd read some AAR's in this forum and the DC1 forum. That always helps me make up my mind. If you do decide to get the game be sure to check out the excellent mods that have been produced.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 6
RE: Editor ? - 8/25/2012 9:36:06 AM   
**budd**

I own ATG as well as DC1 and DC2 and I will most probably buy whatever Vic puts outs. But what i need is more time, not more games.

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 7
RE: Editor ? - 8/25/2012 10:23:03 AM   
kirk23

Thanks for all the feedback,I have been over at the Advanced Tatics Gold forum,and it looks very interesting,I think I will get the gold version,then get Case Blue etc,looks like all the forums have life about them which is always a good sign,that a game is popular and is usually getting upgraded and patched when needed,I like after sales service which I believe these games are getting cheers.

Make it so!

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 8
RE: Editor ? - 8/25/2012 12:33:12 PM   
parusski

Loads of fun. It is intuitive(for the most part), but you will learn whether you are a Army Group/Front commander or just a wannabe. I own and have enjoyed millions of hour of WitE, but it is a giant, whereas DC's are much more manageable. Buy it, no reason not to.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Mods and Scenarios >> Editor ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI