Withdrawing B18s from US in Dec 41 ?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

MBF

Withdrawing B18s from US in Dec 41 ?

Post by MBF »

I have the 47BG of B18s in San Francisco - 21 Dec 41 - and was checking through the air groups to withdraw and noticed that I do not have the option for these planes ? Needless to say plenty of supply at base and not that far from air HQ (Fourth USAAF)

They are listed as as [S][R] - the [R] being restricted - I don't recall what the [S] represents - static maybe ?

Thanks for any insights
wdolson

RE: Withdrawing B18s from US in Dec 41 ?

Post by wdolson »

R - Restricted HQ, can't move to a base owned by another HQ.
S - Static. Can't change the HQ of the unit.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

I don't really understand what your question is.

Assuming you mean that when you click the upgrade button you are not given any other aircraft model to swap with the current B18, the answer is that is WAD. Not every air unit is allowed a different model to change to. That is set up by the scenario designer. You would have to go into the editor to change the upgrade path.

If you are provided with an alternative aircraft model but the game does not allow you to effect the change, that is because the unit is scheduled to withdraw. Such units must have sufficient planes in the pool to full re-equip the unit. You cannot partially re-equip a unit scheduled to withdraw, but you can do so to a unit which is not scheduled to withdraw.

Alfred
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

If they have only "Disband"-button, you need to disband them. That models the groups that were sent to Europe and never fought on Pacific.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

wdolson

Post by wdolson »

Actually the B-18s were mostly retired from front line service in the first hour of the war. They were used as squadron hacks or training for the rest of the war.

A lot of units trained on obsolete types and got more modern aircraft when they went overseas. This was especially true after the first 6-8 months of the war.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
MBF

Post by MBF »

Sorry I was not more clear - these are groups that must be withdrawn by 15 Jan 42. The Disband button is available but the Withdraw is greyed (grayed ?) out. It makes sense that these groups can only be disbanded. (They have 1 plane/1 pilot)

The replies are helpful ! Thanks all [&o]

Return to “The War Room”