Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types.....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... - 8/24/2012 12:23:21 PM   
Reg

I ran across this the other night. Very impressive with a 750mm (30in) wingspan.

And yes, the model is made of Aluminum.......

DeAgostini Modelspace Website

Official Zero Build Diary

Completed Model Images

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Reg -- 8/24/2012 12:24:27 PM >

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has introduced a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
Post #: 1
RE: OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... - 8/24/2012 9:51:20 PM   
Fallschirmjager

Those are gorgeous too bad they just have JFB stuff. If they had a North Carolina for P-47 I would be all over that even given the cost.

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 2
RE: OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... - 8/24/2012 10:01:01 PM   
Chickenboy

Flawless. Magnificent worksmanship...

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 3
RE: OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... - 8/24/2012 11:44:10 PM   
wdolson

A bit pricey, but very nice. If you want a super detailed kit at a more affordable price:

http://sparforums.com/ipb/index.php?/topic/91-sws-04-p-51d-mustang-test-shot-images-here-picture-heavy/
http://www.volksusa.com/sws04mustang.html

I have the Shinden, Ta-152, and the P-51. All amazing kits. The He-219 is coming next:

http://sparforums.com/ipb/index.php?/topic/130-132-heinkel-he-219-more-exclusive-images/

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4
RE: OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... - 8/25/2012 1:50:11 AM   
Reg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

Those are gorgeous too bad they just have JFB stuff. If they had a North Carolina for P-47 I would be all over that even given the cost.

Apparently it is a Japanese kit that DeAgostini are importing into Europe, hence the Japanese completed model websites (there are a few if you look).

I was just blown away by the fact it is made of laser cut metal rather than the wooden frames used by DeAgostini's other offerings such as a 1/12 Spitfire and the 1/32 Lancaster.

Cheers,
Reg.

Post #: 5
RE: OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... - 8/25/2012 2:05:55 AM   
Fallschirmjager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reg

quote:

Apparently it is a Japanese kit that DeAgostini are importing into Europe, hence the Japanese completed model websites (there are a few if you look).

I was just blown away by the fact it is made of laser cut metal rather than the wooden frames used by DeAgostini's other offerings such as a 1/12 Spitfire and the 1/32 Lancaster.

Yeah, I am not taking anything away from there. They are gorgeous models. That HMS Surprise is something I would like to have.
But I just wish they had more variety.

If they had a USS North Carolina I would with no exaggeration pay the prices they have listed on their site.
Those would be gorgeous show pieces for a library or study.

< Message edited by Fallschirmjager -- 8/25/2012 9:04:32 AM >

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 6
RE: OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... - 8/25/2012 8:30:45 AM   
Reg

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reg

quote:

Yeah, I am not taking anything away from there. They are gorgeous models. That HMS Surprise is something I would like to have.
But I just wish they had more variety.

If they had a USS North Carolina I would with no exaggeration pay the prices they have listen on their site.
Those would be gorgeous show pieces for a library or study.

The sailing ships including the HMS Surprise are kits by Artesania Latina http://www.artesanialatina.net (I hope you speak Spanish) and you should be able to pick them up from your local hobby shop for cheaper than DeAgostini.

However, DeAgostini breaks down the rather steep kit upfront cost into a 2 year payment plan and provides things like tools and detailed instructions (either e-mail or printed magazine) all designed to assist a new modeller into the hobby. Costs more in the long run but it would depend on your confidence and/or experience levels to determine which is the better way to go.

The Japanese ship kits seem to be by a Japanese company called Woody Joe http://www.woodyjoe.com/ (Yamato is priced at 78,000Yen/$990USD) so you would probably find it a bit more difficult to find these locally. This would also explain the JFB bias......

< Message edited by Reg -- 8/26/2012 12:55:31 AM >

Cheers,
Reg.

Post #: 7
RE: OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... - 8/25/2012 9:17:03 PM   
Mac Linehan

Reg -

What a beautifully detailed representation of the A6M series.

Thank You for posting, I saved the image for future appreciation.

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 8
RE: OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... - 9/2/2012 3:44:50 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Very very very nice!!!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI