Future DLCs for Achtung Panzer Op Star.

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
Dane49

Future DLCs for Achtung Panzer Op Star.

Post by Dane49 »

3rd Sinyavino 1942
Summer in south-east Ukraine in 1943
Taranovka Summer 1943
1st and 2nd Sinyavino 1941
Nomongan 1939
POC42
etc....

According to Andrey one of the developers of APOS,these are the future DLC's being worked on and planned for future sale and release.This info about future DLC's was posted by him on the Graviteam forum.I myself am not sure where POC42 is,and have asked for more info regarding its location.Summer in south-east Ukraine in 1943-I guess this is the Mius river battle,taking place about the same time as the large Kursk battle further North was winding down.This battle on the Mius will probably introduce the German Panther tank to the game.
sandman2575

RE: Future DLCs for Achtung Panzer Op Star.

Post by sandman2575 »

ORIGINAL: Dane49
This battle on the Mius will probably introduce the German Panther tank to the game.

...this would make me extremely happy...and I expect I'm not alone in that regard !
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Me too!I'm looking forward to having some Panthers at my command in this game[:)]Since they will show up in a Summer DLC,hopefully they will have a cool looking camo skin.Some of the modders for SFK42 (A sister game of APOS) have some nice looking skins for the Panthers they modded for that game.
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

For myself, 1941 is also very interesting.
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

So far at least,there is enough content in the game to simulate battles in 1941 Russia.But,with the present content it's much more difficult to simulate battles mid 43 or later.
mitra76

Post by mitra76 »

I suppose summer 1943 could be also the operation Belgorod-Kharkow of August 1943 on the steppe\southwest front side, also because Taranovka Summer 1943 should be the same operation on the VOronez front side. POC42 could be the second Kharkow battle, because Fall Blau is already included in the summer 42 dlc. I hope they release asap the multi upgrade.
Visit my wargame blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Yes,you could be right also mitra76.I've asked for more clarification on the location of the battles that the new DLC's are suppose to be representing.But,so far I have gotten no official response.So, my guess about the Mius river was based mostly on what I could translate from the Russian forums and some of the map pics posted there.I will probably post another inquiry later on Graviteams forums concerning whether or not the German forces were issued and using the panzer faust in Summer of 43,and if so,will they appear in the game.From what I understand,the panzer faust was making its way into the TOE of some the German units on the Russian front about this time.Though I'm no expert as to what units received them and what quanity they were issued.

And ,I guess I should ask them another question concerning the American bazooka.I've often wondered if the Russians received them with other lend lease supplies.And if so,when did they appear on the Russian front and what did the Russians think about them.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Come on Matrix, make current DLC/expansions available for sale!
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

Come on Matrix, make current DLC/expansions available for sale!
Look in general discussion forum,they say they will release them "soon" that they are busy with new releases,same answer Rutkins gave months ago.Kind of like my workplace its -18 celcius,working outside and they keep telling us we will have warm up shacks "soon".I dont beleive them or Matrix.
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

All 3 DLCs for APOS are on sale at Gamersgate

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”