Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dig baby Dig!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Dig baby Dig! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dig baby Dig! - 8/24/2012 12:40:39 AM   
bigbaba

hi folks,

i make it short:

what's the best way to get construction SU's trafsferd from corps HQ's to OKH and then send them to fortified regions so they reach level 4 faster?

thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Dig baby Dig! - 8/24/2012 1:27:30 AM   
Disgruntled Veteran

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigbaba

hi folks,

i make it short:

what's the best way to get construction SU's trafsferd from corps HQ's to OKH and then send them to fortified regions so they reach level 4 faster?

thanks in advance.

I'd like some feedback myself but I know if the Corps the units occupying FZ's are attached to have Construction units they will dig faster. Otherwise I would imagine you should just attach the FZ's directly to the AG. I always attach the Construction units to the AG's in the opening campaign so that RR build goes faster...I only transfer them back to Corps (Some of them) when its time to dig for Winter.

(in reply to bigbaba)
Post #: 2
RE: Dig baby Dig! - 8/24/2012 3:12:58 AM   
gingerbread

SU:s are pulled to the F.Z. via the Assign interface. The F.Z: can pull from HQ:s in their line of command. Each SU will cost an AP.

Best way is most likely to first assign F.Z. to the Corps with the construction SU:s, pull said SU:s and then re-assign the F.Z. to OKH. The last step is to free up the Command of the Corps and, since digging above lvl 3 takes an ADMIN roll, to get a good leader in charge (OKH usually have a good ADMIN leader, but few Corps have).

It also takes a huge amount of supply! 10k to go from 3->4 and then 10k more to get to 4 + 10%. Huge is relative, but every point must be transported to the hex, probably by trucks that will be damaged/destroyed.

In all, lvl 4 should probably be avoided during '41! You get 10 lvl 3 forts for every lvl 4 (except for the extra AP, of course).

Edit: There is a limit to the distance that an SU can be pulled from an HQ. I think it varies with the level of the HQ, but have not tested it. You might want to do some tests in sandbox mode before going live.

< Message edited by gingerbread -- 8/24/2012 3:19:33 AM >

(in reply to Disgruntled Veteran)
Post #: 3
RE: Dig baby Dig! - 8/24/2012 4:37:32 AM   
bigbaba

thanks for the input. actusaly i am in august 43 in my game vs. gids and wanted to fortify dnjepr&some other important locations into level 4. from what you wrote i see that it costs a huge ammount of supply and admin points. hopefully the difference between level 3 and 4 fortification is worth the extra cost.

is that the case that FZ do not need construction SU's to get level 4? if so i just place a RCT of a LW division in the FZ hex so it supports the digging instead of sending a construction SU into the FZ for admin points.

< Message edited by bigbaba -- 8/24/2012 4:40:46 AM >

(in reply to gingerbread)
Post #: 4
RE: Dig baby Dig! - 8/24/2012 9:58:17 AM   
gingerbread

An LW RCT is not enough. Smallest increment is 2% and with the .05 multiplier used when building lvl 3 -> lvl 4, it takes 20 CP to get any progress. CoSU:s does not have to be attached to the F.Z. - they can be in an HQ. Chain of Command and proximity still applies.

(in reply to bigbaba)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Dig baby Dig! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI