Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet Supply? Blizzard Effect?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Soviet Supply? Blizzard Effect? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet Supply? Blizzard Effect? - 8/23/2012 1:35:36 AM   
hfarrish

Currently in the 12/11/41 phase of a random weather blizzard game. I have supply stores of 712,494, but my supply in units is short - 33497 (43530). Checking on units seems to concur that random units have supply shortages...for example, one Naval Rifle Brigade on a rail line away from the from lists as supply/need 6/21 - and this is not an isolated issue.

Is this something that is supposed to happen during blizzard, that supplies are simply more difficult to get to the front?
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet Supply? Blizzard Effect? - 8/23/2012 2:02:21 AM   
Walloc

Hi Hugh,

Have u pressed the supply detail window on the unit detail window?
Usually u can get clues from there.

To blizzard conditions in it self. Its the 2nd worst movement condition after mud. That ofc plays into the supply path tracing.
The example u mention is hard to say any thign about with out more info. Is the bde tracing its supply line to a HQ or to the RR. So it depence, doesnt help the unit its on a RR if its tracing to a HQ "far" away MP wise. Hench my suggestion to look at the supply detail window.
Also note while not directly applied to supply, u still in 1941 and units are affected by the ammo shortage rule.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

Edit:

20.4.3. Receiving Supply
There are many factors and modifiers that determine how much supply a unit will receive. The actual amount of supply available in the supply grid and the number of vehicles in the motor pool will impact the overall supply situation. Leader admin checks and location and movement status will impact individual units. Overall supply delivery can be affected by the supplies and fuel stock percentage modifier. This is a ratio between the total need and the sum of fuel and supplies in storage, which is used in case a shortage exists in the player’s fuel or supplies storage so that all units will get some fuel and supplies but at a reduced rate.

< Message edited by Walloc -- 8/23/2012 2:09:07 AM >

(in reply to hfarrish)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviet Supply? Blizzard Effect? - 8/23/2012 3:41:55 AM   
hfarrish

Thx - the units short on supply that aren't at the front seem to be mostly STAVKA units, although even then it seems totally random. I'll try to take a more comprehensive look when I get my turn back.

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviet Supply? Blizzard Effect? - 8/23/2012 4:58:45 AM   
Seminole

quote:

Thx - the units short on supply that aren't at the front seem to be mostly STAVKA units, although even then it seems totally random. I'll try to take a more comprehensive look when I get my turn back.

Units just don't pull supply by themselves as well as they do within supply range of an HQ. I think sitting on rail they'll do it better than if they weren't (and at less cost in wear and tear on trucks), but they need to be assigned to an HQ.

(in reply to hfarrish)
Post #: 4
RE: Soviet Supply? Blizzard Effect? - 8/28/2012 2:50:33 AM   
hfarrish

Just to follow up, here is an example of one unit, the 196th infantry division - it has a fine CV and has been refitting under STAVKA command well behind the lines:

On map unit and location:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 5
RE: Soviet Supply? Blizzard Effect? - 8/28/2012 2:51:08 AM   
hfarrish

Unit characteristics - note supply:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to hfarrish)
Post #: 6
RE: Soviet Supply? Blizzard Effect? - 8/28/2012 2:52:15 AM   
hfarrish

Overall Supply Pool and related industry pools - I am hoping this is all just a STAVKA issue. Do STAVKA assigned units suffer extra attrition for not being in full supply?:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to hfarrish)
Post #: 7
RE: Soviet Supply? Blizzard Effect? - 8/28/2012 12:16:34 PM   
gingerbread

Unit rarely have full supply due to that they consume their per turn straight after having received their deliveries. Soviet units also have the ammo shortage which is a further drain on supply stocks.

That said, I have myself seen an issue with supply, but that was related to the AI turn. So check the STAVKA Inf Divisions in the CR - Phase 1 & 2 to see how much they were given and how much they consumed. Your overall stores (843058 pts.) should be adequate.

BTW, nice job on ARM savings. I guess you disbanded the Mtc Regiments, what other measures did you take?

(in reply to hfarrish)
Post #: 8
RE: Soviet Supply? Blizzard Effect? - 8/28/2012 12:57:39 PM   
hfarrish

Yeah, as Walloc pointed out in a PM, there are a fair number of rules that could serve to limit the supply of STAVKA units that are far from an HQ. Not too concerned about this since my frontline units are all closer to HQs unless it is somehow causing me attrition losses.

I have disbanded all (or 95%) of my motorcycle regiments and some SAD airbases and extra Leningrad Air HQs, but that's probably balanced by my mass creation of sapper units and even some extra artillery units, although I tried to stick to the howitzers that I had quite a few of in the pool. The more direct cause is probably that I just didn't lose very many divisions in pockets (relative to the baseline) and thus didn't have to spend lots of ARMs re-equipping them.

(in reply to gingerbread)
Post #: 9
RE: Soviet Supply? Blizzard Effect? - 8/28/2012 1:21:58 PM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: hfarrish
Not too concerned about this since my frontline units are all closer to HQs unless it is somehow causing me attrition losses.

I wouldnt worry about attritional losses in units that far from the frontlines. I cant say that supply doesnt make any difference, but losses would be so low that any difference is way to minimal to worry about.
Only "drawback" i can think off. Is those units would be best served by a 2 turn commitment plan, before combat. 1st turn not doing any combat. Attaching it to a HQ its in range off. So in turn 2 they get "fully" supplied. So u avoid any combat related penalties for being in low supply.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

(in reply to hfarrish)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Soviet Supply? Blizzard Effect? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI