Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

resources are too abundant

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> resources are too abundant Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
resources are too abundant - 8/22/2012 4:25:40 PM   
endoric

i am really disappointed in the resource system this game has.

yeah its nice to have dozens of different resources, different fuel types, everything built needs various resources ect.

but its all too abundant, there is no real demand and waaaay to much supply.

there is no need to invade your neighbor for something because you have it all and more. I have demand in the low 4 or 5 k and supply in the 10's of k

make everything more expensive or make sources produce one tenth of the amount you get out of it.

just my rant

thanks for reading.

Post #: 1
RE: resources are too abundant - 8/22/2012 5:31:38 PM   
onomastikon

This has been seconded and thirded to the fourth power on numerous threads. Most common suggestions seem to be sliders in game setup allowing us to drastically reduce the amount of resources (separate for all resource types) at game setup.

(in reply to endoric)
Post #: 2
RE: resources are too abundant - 8/22/2012 7:56:32 PM   
ASHBERY76

Back in DW vanilla it was.Some players got pissed when their whole economy crashed every game and the forum became full of troll bait.People could not fuel their ships or build any ships.This is very hard to balance.

The game being properly opened up to modding is the solution too many issues.

(in reply to onomastikon)
Post #: 3
RE: resources are too abundant - 8/22/2012 9:59:34 PM   
Panpiper

Well, in my current game, I have five times more demand for Carbon Fibre than I have as supply. The price of course is sky high and I have colonized absolutely every planet that produces the stuff. Some supplies are in fact in short supply. And if you have built so many mines as to give you those infinite resources (in other stuff), your private economy is probably teetering on bankruptcy for paying the maintenance on them. Try playing on a harder difficulty and see if you can afford all those mines to give you your plentiful supplies.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 4
RE: resources are too abundant - 8/22/2012 10:03:15 PM   
endoric

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panpiper

Well, in my current game, I have five times more demand for Carbon Fibre than I have as supply. The price of course is sky high and I have colonized absolutely every planet that produces the stuff. Some supplies are in fact in short supply. And if you have built so many mines as to give you those infinite resources (in other stuff), your private economy is probably teetering on bankruptcy for paying the maintenance on them. Try playing on a harder difficulty and see if you can afford all those mines to give you your plentiful supplies.

carbon fiber is the only rare resource.

as far as mines i limit it to absolutely only what i need. i try to get only one or two sources in each resource excpt for rare which i go to war for actually.

my next game will be on harder levels for sure.

sliders would be a great idea

(in reply to Panpiper)
Post #: 5
RE: resources are too abundant - 8/23/2012 2:06:28 AM   
Grotius

I'd also like an option for a galaxy with relatively rare resources. I haven't played in a while; I thought there already was such an option. I guess not?

(in reply to endoric)
Post #: 6
RE: resources are too abundant - 8/23/2012 2:12:20 AM   
WoodMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

I'd also like an option for a galaxy with relatively rare resources. I haven't played in a while; I thought there already was such an option. I guess not?

There is a slider for colonizable worlds. This does have an impact on resources because for example, if you reduce the number of Continental worlds, you also reduce the amount of resources only available on that world type, like the marble or carbon fibre.

This is great

But... A resource slider would still be a fantastic option in my opinion!

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> resources are too abundant Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI