Matrix Games Forums

New screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!Space Program Manager will be launching on Steam
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Flickering During Gameplay

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> Tech Support >> Flickering During Gameplay Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flickering During Gameplay - 8/19/2012 2:29:57 PM   
Gwaihir

Hello Internet!

I have played all the close combats for hours and hours and don't recall anything in terms of bad glitches/problem with updates. Dating back when microsoft was running things! Anyway, I recently needed another CC fix and downloaded Wacht am Rhein.

The game is experiencing really bad flickering from menu all the way to giving units orders on the overview map. At which point there is no more flickering. Start a battle up, and more flickering! Like really bad ; normal contrast to gamma maxed out, a good 15 times a second. Has anyone experienced this in the past, and is there a quick edit I could do in a file or something? WaR is one of the best CC's for sheer tank mayhem, and as of right now, it is unplayable for me.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Flickering During Gameplay - 8/19/2012 2:35:12 PM   
Gwaihir

Also, has nothing to do with resolution settings, and the CC version is 45014

(in reply to Gwaihir)
Post #: 2
RE: Flickering During Gameplay - 8/20/2012 1:28:29 PM   
tigercub

i think it has to do with your video card or your resolution settings...i realy dont think its the game...but staff may think otherwise.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to Gwaihir)
Post #: 3
RE: Flickering During Gameplay - 8/20/2012 5:40:01 PM   
Steve McClaire

Sounds like an odd problem.

What video card and driver version do you use?  I would suggest updating to the latest video driver, just as a general troubleshooting step.

You can run WaR in windowed mode with the latest updates.  If you're running the game full screen I would recommend trying windowed mode to see if that makes a difference.  You can set this in the Options dialog box, under "General" options, right below the game resolution setting.

Do you run any sort of screen management, screen capture / recording software?  You might try disabling that if so.  Also, if by some chance you're using the debug version of DirectX, try using the release version of the DirectX libraries.

Steve

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> Tech Support >> Flickering During Gameplay Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI