Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Assign FZ's to hq?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Assign FZ's to hq? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Assign FZ's to hq? - 8/19/2012 4:39:24 AM   
Disgruntled Veteran

Title explains it all. As Germany, when preparing a winter defense line, should I leave all my fortified regions (zones..whichever) assigned to OKH or does it benefit me to assign them to local HQ's? Any other tips one can give to survive blizzard? Im entering my first blizzard against A-game in a few days and I don't want to blow the game by missing something obvious.
Post #: 1
RE: Assign FZ's to hq? - 8/20/2012 3:59:26 AM   
IdahoNYer

I assigned my fortified zones to the army groups - to allow a larger pool of construction battalions to be available to assign directly to the fortified unit - I tried to assign one construction battalion to each FZ to assist in construction.

Of course, disband your FZs before they are in the front lines.

As for blizzard, try to get your panzers out of the front line to refit in cities.

(in reply to Disgruntled Veteran)
Post #: 2
RE: Assign FZ's to hq? - 8/20/2012 8:26:51 AM   
sillyflower

but make sure you don't overload your army groups.

Good idea to put your elite infantry ( morale 90+) in cities too so you have good strike force for '42. stuff you don't need at the front should be in cirties or size 4 towns or back in Poland out of the blizzard effects area.

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to IdahoNYer)
Post #: 3
RE: Assign FZ's to hq? - 8/20/2012 4:28:10 PM   
Shupov

It's a real benefit to assign FZ's to an HQ within supply range to maximize their % supply capacity and construction value. You can even use Hungarian and Romanian HQ's for this purpose.

Two broken Tigers on fire in the night,
Flicker their souls to the wind...

Al Stewart, "Roads to Moscow"

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 4
RE: Assign FZ's to hq? - 8/21/2012 2:34:47 AM   
turtlefang

Interesting advice and I'm going to have keep it in mind. Never really considered it that important to attached FZs to HQs - but the addition of engineer construction units to building forts makes perfect sense - once someone pointed it out to me.

(in reply to Shupov)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Assign FZ's to hq? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI