Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Erm... still no patch?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Erm... still no patch? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Erm... still no patch? - 8/18/2012 7:20:31 PM   
redmarkus4

Did I miss the thread or has Matrix STILL not uploaded a patch for this game???

Cyberpower tower PC
Intel Core i7-3930k CPU, 3.20GHz processor
32 GB RAM
2TB HD
2xNVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 graphics cards, each with 4095 MB
Realtek sound card
Dell 3007WFP (running at 2560x1600) 32 bit monitor
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit O
Post #: 1
RE: Erm... still no patch? - 8/18/2012 7:46:51 PM   
Dane49

There has been no mention as of late from Matrix about the update patch,eventhough many people have inquired on this forum.No official Matrix word that they are even trying.I think you can still get it from Gamersgate and should work with the Matrix bought version.But,don't quote Me on that.

(in reply to redmarkus4)
Post #: 2
RE: Erm... still no patch? - 8/18/2012 11:33:30 PM   
KEYSTONE07950

In addition, still no word on any of the DLC's. I know I can purchase from Gamers Gate, but I'd like a more straight forward Matrix download.

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 3
RE: Erm... still no patch? - 8/19/2012 12:21:37 AM   
Dane49

Good luck!

(in reply to KEYSTONE07950)
Post #: 4
RE: Erm... still no patch? - 8/19/2012 12:21:50 PM   
redmarkus4

A bit of a joke really. Are they serious?

Cyberpower tower PC
Intel Core i7-3930k CPU, 3.20GHz processor
32 GB RAM
2TB HD
2xNVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 graphics cards, each with 4095 MB
Realtek sound card
Dell 3007WFP (running at 2560x1600) 32 bit monitor
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit O

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 5
RE: Erm... still no patch? - 8/24/2012 3:00:43 AM   
KEYSTONE07950

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

A bit of a joke really. Are they serious?

I'm serious. I hope Matrix (and Graviteam) are serious about supporting this great series.

(in reply to redmarkus4)
Post #: 6
RE: Erm... still no patch? - 8/24/2012 3:22:06 AM   
Dane49

I don't know about Matrix but Graviteam is still very active in promoting this game.Gamersgate would be your best bet for staying current on patches and future DLC's.At least with Gamersgate they post all of Graviteams releases the same day that Graviteam releases them.Matrix so far,doesn't seem to acknowledge that they even exist and in My opiniom are making no effort to correct this.

(in reply to KEYSTONE07950)
Post #: 7
RE: Erm... still no patch? - 9/6/2012 8:33:24 PM   
mbar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dane49

I don't know about Matrix but Graviteam is still very active in promoting this game.Gamersgate would be your best bet for staying current on patches and future DLC's.At least with Gamersgate they post all of Graviteams releases the same day that Graviteam releases them.Matrix so far,doesn't seem to acknowledge that they even exist and in My opiniom are making no effort to correct this.

I've blown off 2 sales at GamersGate for APOS and DLC waiting for Matrix to come around.

Next sale I'm buying.

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 8
RE: Erm... still no patch? - 9/7/2012 2:11:11 AM   
bairdlander

It was explained in another thread that because APOS is not exclusive to Matrix for distribution that they have no say in ui,patches,development, future DLC's or anything.This is just a title they are selling thats it.The patch is available from Graviteam website and there are threads here that explain the install process in detail.I was hoping the install would be as simple as clicking "update" on the game screen,that was a reason I bought here,but next time I know.If a game is available here and on GG,I will go with GG.

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 9
RE: Erm... still no patch? - 9/7/2012 3:15:59 PM   
Dane49

Thankfully,Graviteam does not have an exclusive deal with Matrix.From where I'm sitting all I've seen from Matrix concerning this issue are empty promises about needing more time to be able offer patches and updates and new DLCs,but that they would be available in the near future.Matrix has fumbled the ball here,and it looks to me as if they are making no effort as of late to recover it,or even acknowledge that the ball has been fumbled.Soon(Most likely next month) there is going to be a new patch and update,plus more DLCs for this game in the very near future.GamersGate is the only place I would recommend to not only purchase these additions but also the place to go for all current patches and updates,now and in the future.I'm thankful that this game is not exclusive to Matrix,or we probably would never see any of the new stuff Graviteam is working on and has already released.

< Message edited by Dane49 -- 9/7/2012 8:25:45 PM >

(in reply to bairdlander)
Post #: 10
RE: Erm... still no patch? - 9/7/2012 7:19:19 PM   
bairdlander

Does GG version have simple patch install?

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 11
RE: Erm... still no patch? - 9/7/2012 7:32:42 PM   
Dane49

Once you figure out how the patching process works,than yes it is fairly simple.I admit I had some problems trying to figure out how to do this initially,and had to read the Graviteam forums 3-4 times before I could comprehend how this was actually done.Now that I've done it few times it is no longer a chore and quite painless.But,as it stands now,it's either learn the updating process or do without.Those seem to be the only two options available for the time being.

< Message edited by Dane49 -- 9/7/2012 7:33:41 PM >

Post #: 12
RE: Erm... still no patch? - 9/10/2012 12:15:35 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

I posted on this earlier - we are still working on our version of the update. In the meantime the Graviteam update, while the process is cumbersome, works fine with our release as well. I'm sorry again that it is taking so long.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 13
RE: Erm... still no patch? - 9/10/2012 7:35:46 PM   
Dane49

Well,that's good news.One thing to remember though for those of you who have no interest in learning the patch and update process.Mods and campaign editing follow some of the same principals as manual updating.If you don't learn the basics in this regard,then you will not be able to take advantage of any mods or have any hope of being able to edit or mod this game yourself.So in my opinion it is essential to understand and learn at least the rudimentary basics on how this process works or you will be cutting yourself short on some very decent mods that are currently available.Night Postmans uniform mods are excellent and very well crafted,along with J Mass's order of battle mod which adds more options in quick battle selections as far as different platoon and unit types,giving you a wider selection and variety for order of battle selections.

< Message edited by Dane49 -- 9/12/2012 4:24:06 PM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 14
RE: Erm... still no patch? - 3/9/2013 7:47:27 PM   
bairdlander

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

I posted on this earlier - we are still working on our version of the update. In the meantime the Graviteam update, while the process is cumbersome, works fine with our release as well. I'm sorry again that it is taking so long.

Regards,

- Erik

6 months later nothing,I bought here because of simple quick updates,thanks Matrix

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 15
RE: Erm... still no patch? - 3/9/2013 8:13:31 PM   
Dane49

I think it's pretty much an established fact now,that Matrix has done all they are going to do for this game and have no further plans to support this game.

Gamersgate is about the only place to buy this game with current up to date versions and patches.Your wasting your time here waiting on Matrix.

Graviteam seems to prefer to sell its products thru Gamersgate also,so I think it would be a good idea to purchase there now and in the near future.

Your whipping a dead horse here if your expecting Matrix to update your game,offer the latest releases or even respond to inquiries.

Post #: 16
RE: Erm... still no patch? - 3/9/2013 10:00:22 PM   
flashburn

Quite perplexing........ In so far as this majic patch deal.......or NOT hosting newer patches. OR DLC. So unless this MAtrix is apos is selling really badly? And does not justify the time? Or perhaps seen as threat to other titles? Or plain stupid? Who knows. But gamers gate has become the place to buy for APOS series. And always patches are up to date. To bad..........I think Matirix made some wierd choice here.

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Erm... still no patch? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI