Reserved loaction slots

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Buck Beach

Reserved loaction slots

Post by Buck Beach »

The editor manual refers to location slots 2900 through 2999 as being reserved and are not to be used. Sooo, how bad will I screw up if I use them?[:D]
US87891

RE: Reserved loaction slots

Post by US87891 »

ORIGINAL: Buck Beach
The editor manual refers to location slots 2900 through 2999 as being reserved and are not to be used. Sooo, how bad will I screw up if I use them?[:D]
Really, really, really bad, Buck Beach. There are hard coded slots that you don't want to mess with. Can't say why, just that you don't want to do it.

Matt
Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

ORIGINAL: US87891

ORIGINAL: Buck Beach
Really, really, really bad, Buck Beach. There are hard coded slots that you don't want to mess with. Can't say why, just that you don't want to do it.

Matt

Thank you for replying. Was hoping to play with those and a few more.

Buck
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

I suspect, but do not know, that they are used for temporary units ... bit and pieces during transport etc.  DB has to have some place to put those ...
Pax
RevRick

Post by RevRick »

Thanks... I just checked... I have shoehorned a couple of (dozen) units into the game. Thankfully, I didn't use those spots...
"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”