Matrix Games Forums

Community impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sky Background in Front of Hills?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> Sky Background in Front of Hills? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sky Background in Front of Hills? - 8/17/2012 12:37:22 PM   
Andy Brown

I've noticed on some maps (for instance Kharkov_l3a) with high terrain features that the sky background seems to appear in front of those features.

Is this something to do with my installation or a fault/feature of the particular map files?

Thanks,

Andy
Post #: 1
RE: Sky Background in Front of Hills? - 8/17/2012 6:30:32 PM   
Rick

Andy,

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Is it visible in this screenshot? If you can post a pic it might help. To get a pic, use F8 in the game. Then go to the screens folder in the game. PCO saves as a BMP, but you you need jpeg to post here. I use Paint.net (it's free) to convert the images. just load the screen capture (it has a file name that includes a time and date). Then save it as a jpeg.

Then here in forum, check the Embed Picture in post box just below this typing area. and then click the 'Click here to upload', browse to your converted jpeg screenshot and click on it. then make sure you submit the message when it's done uploading.

Thanks
Rick

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Andy Brown)
Post #: 2
RE: Sky Background in Front of Hills? - 8/17/2012 10:50:27 PM   
Andy Brown

Hmmm, looks like it's my system. Any help appreciated.

Should have attached a screeny to my OP.

Andy

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 3
RE: Sky Background in Front of Hills? - 8/17/2012 11:39:46 PM   
Rick

It looks like your getting some light effects. I've seen something similar on some of the river scenes in a couple of the maps. Or it may be the way zFar is kicking in as you move farther from the map. You might check your video settings in configuration and see if it helps. I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Perhaps someone else here might have a suggestion.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to Andy Brown)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> Sky Background in Front of Hills? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI