Aircraft Factories Mod -Complete

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Rising-Sun

Aircraft Factories Mod -Complete

Post by Rising-Sun »

I was wondering if possible to change the layouts on the aircraft factories, since i though about playing the grand campaign again and realise that some aircrafts are in wrong places and also would like to put them in order by date as well.

Now i am not sure what will happen if you research an aircraft (R&D) and once it reaches the deadline and ready for production, would you still be able to research a different aircraft down the road? You will noticed when you click on aircraft already in production will show what avab at that year, but not in the future research developments.

Also noticed while playing Grand Campaign and should have Ki-27 "Nates" in Tokyo or Tokyo Prefecture based at Tachikawa (Tachikawa Aircraft Company Limited) during world war two. Believe there only two places that are producing Ki-27s are in Tokyo and Harbin. There another aircraft factory in Manchukuo as Manshu Aircraft Company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakajima_Ki-27

plus several books i have dated them as well. So i though about changing few details around on the aircraft plants and put them in order by date, rather than mixed from top to bottom.

-------------------------

Though about making a new game while playing Grand Campaign, realise i needed to redo the aircraft factories, would like to have them in order by date. Also adding addtional models in the same plants that will show up in proper places and close to history as possible.

Can download this mod here, note there is no readme file. Besure to place them in "War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition" folder. Goto slot 026 for custom Full Grand Campaign 2nd Edition, Good luck and Happy Hunting. -RisingSun

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22163474 ... dition.rar

Have any problems, let me know :)

castor troy

RE: aircraft factories

Post by castor troy »

A5m are Claudes, not Nates.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: castor troy

A5m are Claudes, not Nates.

Opps forgot to change that, i was researching nates then claudes.

I am going to go ahead and change these settings and put them in rightful places (hopefully it would be more accurate than it was). Beside it will take some time for me to dig up the factories and other issues. Noticed that one plant in Harbin, Manchukuo, there should be alot more than just one plane setting. Mansyu Aircraft Company in Harbin, Manchukuo were producting alkinda army planes.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

In the editor, you can do anything you want.  Add or delete factories as you wish.  I'm pretty sure that the numbers of IJ factories is set mostly by game balance, not by actual factory count.  As you add more factories, you are making IJ stronger and it is easy to cross a line where IJ's factory capacity is over represented.
Pax
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

In the editor, you can do anything you want.  Add or delete factories as you wish.  I'm pretty sure that the numbers of IJ factories is set mostly by game balance, not by actual factory count.  As you add more factories, you are making IJ stronger and it is easy to cross a line where IJ's factory capacity is over represented.

Well there were so many prototypes missing and wanted to set this in order. Another words, you cant research Ki-49-IIa without going through Ki-49-Ia first. Most plants have mostly all the prototypes in that factories instead over all the places, it would be hard for engineers to focus on things from distance, but rarely. And its not about balance, it what they made during the war. If it wasnt balance, then why we having all those ships coming in?

This is why the Japanese left the League of Nation, because the British made a statement that no countries not allowe to build battleship more than xxx tonnage or other issues. Any countries can do whatever they want, regardless!

I am going to test this and see how my mod comes out, it will take awhile though due to research.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Here an example what it will be like, for example in Hiroshima...

Noticed, i only changing the Japanese Aircraft Factories, probably increases output by 15 percents by adding new slots. And havent touches the Allied Factories. This is for Grand Campaign Scenario. You will noticed i have place them in order by date, rather than mixed slots they had done.

treespider

Post by treespider »

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Here an example what it will be like, for example in Hiroshima...

Noticed, i only changing the Japanese Aircraft Factories, probably increases output by 15 percents by adding new slots. And havent touches the Allied Factories. This is for Grand Campaign Scenario. You will noticed i have place them in order by date, rather than mixed slots they had done.

Where did you get your B5N2 production figure?

What happens when a player converts all of those factories to something else and expands them to 30?

For example - I could potentially be producing 6 D4Y1-C's per day or 180 per month in August of 1942 if I convert all of the D4Y factories and expand them to 30.
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Good question, most of us would like to know where did all those kates come from that have been assembled already that are on the carrier decks. I am sure there are more laying around in other fields. Yamamoto, mention that aircrafts are the key for success and after doing alot of reading over the years and when i saw this production zero'ed out, it didnt make much sense. Some materials went to ship production and some into aircraft as well. So Yamamoto demanded more aircrafts!

So Japan had no kates in production at all, if you think about it, Japan knew that their torpedoes are superior!

This link might give some clues...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiro_Naval_Arsenal

Now the numbers may be alittle high, compare to 56 zeros from Maebashi. So i changed the number to 8 and plus 8 more listed in Tokyo, so 16 should be enough.

And if the players wishes to change the settings, that their choices. Now i am not sure what will the AIs will expand or change, i perfer to leave as it is to be more realistic. After test runs and combat, within six to twelve months then can get the figures what if this aircrafts is worth keeping to move on to better models.

I do remember playing my first campaign and change all productions to the best combat aircrafts as possible, then i realise it wasnt realistic at all. So have to work from bottom to top by researching it combat abitilies.

Here another location that are missing J7W1 "Shinden"...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyushu_Hikoki

On this aircraft plant, i have kept Q1W1 "lorna" 11 as it is and added J7W1 "Shinden" (12/45) 4 after it.

Once i get all my figuring done, i will post it compare to older campaign, some will like it and some wont care.
treespider

Post by treespider »

Good question, most of us would like to know where did all those kates come from that have been assembled already that are on the carrier decks. I am sure there are more laying around in other fields. Yamamoto, mention that aircrafts are the key for success and after doing alot of reading over the years and when i saw this production zero'ed out, it didnt make much sense. Some materials went to ship production and some into aircraft as well. So Yamamoto demanded more aircrafts!

So Japan had no kates in production at all, if you think about it, Japan knew that their torpedoes are superior!

This link might give some clues...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiro_Naval_Arsenal

For more detailed information about the 11th Naval Air Depot located at Hiro you might want to refer to United States Strategic Bombing Survey, Report 34, Army Air Arsenal & Navy Air Depots, Corporation Report XIX.

On page 7 you will find Appendix B which lays out the monthly production figures in a spreadsheet.

As to the B5N2 Hiro produced:

January 1941 - March 1942 - 0
April 42 - 5
May 42 - 5
June 42 -5
July 42 - 5
Aug 42 - 10
Sep 42 - 10
Oct 42- 10
Nov 42 - 10
Dec 42 - 10
Jan 43 - 10
Feb 43 -10
Mar 43 -10
Apr 43 - 15
May 43 - 15
Jun 43 - 15
July 43 - 15
Aug 43 - 15
Sep 43 - 15
Oct 43 - 15
Nov 43 - 15
Dec 43 - 15
Jan 44 - 15
Feb 44 - 15
Mar 44 - 16

Prior to April 1942 the 11th Naval Air Depot built 2-3 Jakes a month. After March 1944 production switched to the Willow for a few months then to the Judy.

If you google United States Strategic Bombing Survey Corporation Report you can find most of the reports online in pdf format.

Here's a link to:

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Its still unclear that there were no production between those two dates and i find that kinda hard to believe. They should know they will lose some aircraft, esp after pearl harbor. But where did the other kates came from? and why they stop producting it??

I am still rearranging these aircrafts, i also find some planes are missing from factories. So it hard to til wheather the aircraft layouts is accurate, i think not, its close but good enough.
treespider

Post by treespider »

Its still unclear that there were no production between those two dates and i find that kinda hard to believe.

What's unclear? The numbers are what the numbers are...

They should know they will lose some aircraft, esp after pearl harbor. But where did the other kates came from? and why they stop producting it??

What other Kates are you talking about? To paraphrase Shattered Sword...Japanese carrier attack aircraft production had for all intents and purposes ceased by the middle of 1942. They produced a bunch of B5N's before the war ever began, then decided to halt production at the Nakajima plant in anticipation of bringing on the B6N. The Japanese were not planning for a long war of attrition.

EDIT: Nakajima ceased production at their facility of B5N's in Aug 1941 when they produced 8, peak production in 1941 was in April, May and June when they produced 26, 27 & 24 respectively. In July 41 they produced 10. Jan -Mar 41 they averaged 12. Spreadsheet does not include monthly production for 1939 or 1940.

Sorry but that's the historical reality...the Japanese aircraft industry of 1942 was not very efficient.
Here's a link to:

Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Hmm guess i can leave it blank then, i noticed that there are newer models on B6Ns coming, but that will be awhile.

I am only changing minor settings on the aircraft factories and some extra slots they missed as well.

You will noticed i have rearrange the settings, mostly in order or by date. This will feel more that are focusing on the previous models and its upgrade down the line. On Maebashi, now i dont know why there are so many franks ki-84a models, but i left as it is. Also other places have rocket and turbojet engines already for production and dont think that is possible yet. Clear me if i am wrong about that please :)

Also forgot to mention, why did i moved all those Army Transport Aircraft off the list, well i looked up on Nakajima Aircraft Company, none of them listed there. So i can moved them to more suitable places later on. Infact there were only few was made in Tachikawa Plant as trainers.

-------------------

Before you asking questions where did i get this infos or why i change it? Check this links out first...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakajima_Aircraft_Company

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/airplane/museum/ ... ont-e.html

Also noticed that Nakajima Ki-27 "Nate" were also build in Tokyo (Tachikawa Aircraft Company) and had to removed one slot (Nakajima Ha-44 Engine) that can be build elsewhere or simply add another 10 units of that engine type on another plant.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Okay, let start on another area... Maebashi

Note: On Ki-51 "Sonia, been moved from Tokyo to Maebashi.
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

ORIGINAL: treespider

Its still unclear that there were no production between those two dates and i find that kinda hard to believe.

They should know they will lose some aircraft, esp after pearl harbor. But where did the other kates came from? and why they stop producting it??

What other Kates are you talking about? To paraphrase Shattered Sword...Japanese carrier attack aircraft production had for all intents and purposes ceased by the middle of 1942. They produced a bunch of B5N's before the war ever began, then decided to halt production at the Nakajima plant in anticipation of bringing on the B6N. The Japanese were not planning for a long war of attrition.

EDIT: Nakajima ceased production at their facility of B5N's in Aug 1941 when they produced 8, peak production in 1941 was in April, May and June when they produced 26, 27 & 24 respectively. In July 41 they produced 10. Jan -Mar 41 they averaged 12. Spreadsheet does not include monthly production for 1939 or 1940.

Sorry but that's the historical reality...the Japanese aircraft industry of 1942 was not very efficient.

Of course, the first thing a IJN player does is convert a factory to B5Ns and ramp it up to about 36-48 B5Ns per month. We have the luxury of hindsight.

Of course it is what it is. The IJN expected the B6N to be online in early 1942, but the model had problems and they had to hastily restart B5N production...which meant having to reset the factory tools for it. That also explains some of the delay, they had already reset for B6N production and had to retool back to B5N...IIRC.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: Shark7

Of course, the first thing a IJN player does is convert a factory to B5Ns and ramp it up to about 36-48 B5Ns per month. We have the luxury of hindsight.

Of course it is what it is. The IJN expected the B6N to be online in early 1942, but the model had problems and they had to hastily restart B5N production...which meant having to reset the factory tools for it. That also explains some of the delay, they had already reset for B6N production and had to retool back to B5N...IIRC.

So then i should leave it blank? Let see how things go, i still havent find any infos on this situations. Unless you can provide it, so i can dig alittle deeper on the B5N Kates. It is possible they been making them more than one plant, or being relocate.
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

ORIGINAL: Shark7

So then i should leave it blank? Let see how things go, i still havent find any infos on this situations. Unless you can provide it, so i can dig alittle deeper on the B5N Kates. It is possible they been making them more than one plant, or being relocate.

Personally, I'd leave it just as it is in stock. When it comes down to it, the more realistic option is to leave the Kate factory at zero producing. If you want to be nice to the AI or player, then you could add in 12-16 disabled production so it still starts at zero but will build up to a modest production to reflect the reality of the situation.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

I suppose i could do that, there already working on secondary prototype as B6N at Maebashi. Anyway i doubt if anyone willing play this mod, no one seem to care or say anything, but confused.

I am still making progress on other aircraft factories though. Should be done within a week or so.

This is Hiroshima/Kure (Hiro Naval Arsenal)...

This is Kobe (Kawanishi Aircraft Company)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawanishi_Aircraft_Company
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Here is Osaka/Kyoto (Sumitomo Metal Industries and other Plants)...

Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Here the Yokohama/Yokosuka chart...

el cid again

Post by el cid again »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

As you add factories, you also add requirements to feed those factories. Mainly in terms of HI points and engines. Those in turn require resources and fuel - directly for the HI points - indirectly for the engines which require HI points. As the number of HI factories goes up, so does the demand for oil and resources. So it is somewhat complicated - and if not played carefully - you will have a lot of factories not producing most of the time! This is more severe in mods which do not have massive resource centers in Japan - which of course there shouldn't be. Another dimension of the complex is that other things want HI points - ships for example - and industrial expansion - and probably other things. So if you take too many for planes and engines, ship production may be affected - and vice versa! Lots of fun.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”