Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

JWE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> JWE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
JWE - 8/17/2012 2:17:05 AM   
Buck Beach

Has he sworn off this game forever I hope not.

Buck
Post #: 1
RE: JWE - 8/17/2012 2:48:06 AM   
treespider

quote:

ORIGINAL: Buck Beach

Buck

He was suspended from the forum by Matrix for 90 days.

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 2
RE: JWE - 8/17/2012 12:21:33 PM   
Buck Beach

Oh.

Thank you

Buck

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 3
RE: JWE - 8/17/2012 8:27:06 PM   
US87891

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider
quote:

ORIGINAL: Buck Beach

Buck

He was suspended from the forum by Matrix for 90 days.

May or may not come back. Don't think John cares much anymore about the forum. I'm the designated interface, and I don't like it. Babes Team is working a lot of new stuff. Works for us, but would raise howls from the usual suspects.

So I will update the Babes website, and offer some of the few nuances we garner. Email or PM communications will eventually reach him, and he does respond. Otherwise, you are on your own.

Matt

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 4
RE: JWE - 8/17/2012 9:46:38 PM   
Gary Childress

Are you some sort of official spokesman for the AE team? What do you mean by "desingated interface?" Please forgive my ignorance but where did you come from?

Please donate to Doctors Without Borders http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

[Permission temporarily granted by Matrix and Slitherine to put this in my sig as of 9/23/2014 - expires 10/23/2014]

(in reply to US87891)
Post #: 5
RE: JWE - 8/17/2012 10:04:08 PM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

Are you some sort of official spokesman for the AE team? What do you mean by "desingated interface?" Please forgive my ignorance but where did you come from?

I could be wrong, but i suspect as JWE is/was banned for 3 months. I dunno the actual dates of this being in effect/over with.
That Matt means he is the interface/person that currently speaks for the Babes team in regard to this forum. Now there are ofc some overlap in personal of the Babes team and the Henderson Fields team aka orginal AE team, but they are not the same. At leased thats what i think he means. Feel free to correct me.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 8/17/2012 10:13:15 PM >

(in reply to Gary Childress)
Post #: 6
RE: JWE - 8/17/2012 10:25:03 PM   
Gary Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Walloc

quote:

I could be wrong, but i suspect as JWE is/was banned for 3 months. I dunno the actual dates of this being in effect/over with.
That Matt means he is the interface/person that currently speaks for of the Babes team in regard to this forum. Now there are ofc some overlap in personal of the Babes team and the Henderson Fields team aka orginal AE team, but they are not the same. At leased thats what i think he means. Feel free to correct me.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

For someone who joined on 1/2/2011 he sure seems to throw his weight around. He's trampled my posts twice now for reasons not clear to me.

[Permission temporarily granted by Matrix and Slitherine to put this in my sig as of 9/23/2014 - expires 10/23/2014]

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 7
RE: JWE - 8/17/2012 10:36:01 PM   
Walloc

quote:

For someone who joined on 1/2/2011 he sure seems to throw his weight around. He's trampled my posts twice now for reasons not clear to me.

Ok, Gary. I dont know whom Mat/US87891 is at all, other than reading his posts for the last few months. So take any thing i say after this as part speculation. I suppose u could shoot him a PM and ask him. Thats prolly the best to do. All that said when i reading his responce to u, i dont think he means to trample ur posts. Maybe its more of a general attitude as towards these forums as he sorta hints at after what happened to his, i assume, friend. Again feel free to correct me.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 8/17/2012 10:41:49 PM >

Post #: 8
RE: JWE - 8/17/2012 10:43:39 PM   
DD696

US87891 also possesses information that only someone who was on the AE team would possess. How is it that he says that he cannot disclose the structure of the save game file? How did he come by this information? What happened to the non-disclosure agreement? Who broke it? Or did they? Why does he appear to only post when JWE is "on vacation"? How can someone who says he received the game as a gift on 1/2/2011 have such intimate knowledge of DaBabes scenarios and have such detailed information of the inner workings of the game?

USMC: 1970-1977.

Post #: 9
RE: JWE - 8/17/2012 10:55:23 PM   
Sardaukar

There is no AE team anymore (except michaelm doing bug and code fixes).

DaBabes team includes people who were Devs, but they concentrate to that mod now, not to game code. They obviously possess lot of information about the game code by default. As Walloc said, they are not same as AE team. If JWE has someone to pass information here, more power to him.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to DD696)
Post #: 10
RE: JWE - 8/17/2012 11:42:07 PM   
wdolson

I know JWE played AE with a group of people face to face in the Head to Head mode. Some belong to the forum, but rarely post and others don't. About a year ago some members of the group moved so they set up a virtual private network to keep the now remote players in the game.

Of that group, JWE was the only one who was part of the AE development team.

When the Babes group was put together to mod the game, a couple of the AE development team went over there and I believe some of JWE's playing buddies joined that effort.

The AE team still sort of exists. When Michael runs into a bug he's not sure what to do with, or something comes up, we do have a bit of an exchange about it. There is no active development going on beyond fixing bugs and a few minor tweaks.

I personally don't know who US87891 is. I assume it's one of JWE's gaming friends who was drawn into the Babes work.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 11
RE: JWE - 8/18/2012 6:09:38 AM   
John 3rd

I miss John's presence and look forward to him returning. His and Juan's patience taught me so much about Modding and how to use the Editor that I am in their debt.

He is quite good at responding to emails. If you need to contact him

Member: Reluctant Admiral and Perfect War Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 12
RE: JWE - 8/18/2012 3:33:59 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

I miss John's presence and look forward to him returning. His and Juan's patience taught me so much about Modding and how to use the Editor that I am in their debt.

John is a good man, a very great asset to the game, and a friend. I've very sorry that some trolls were able to bait him into a response that was considered improper and resulted it his suspension. I do not believe this was the correct response.

Now that I've said that, I'll see you all in 90 days.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 13
RE: JWE - 8/18/2012 4:45:31 PM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

John is a good man, a very great asset to the game, and a friend. I've very sorry that some trolls were able to bait him into a response that was considered improper and resulted it his suspension. I do not believe this was the correct response.

Now that I've said that, I'll see you all in 90 days.

Don -

Well and accurately said.

There are a number of individuals on this forum whom I respect - but who may have differing opinions or views of AE gameplay. I choose to focus on what each one contributes to AE; not the individual personalities. JWE happens to be at the top of my mentor list (there are several others).

I am very much in his debt - he has answered many questions (some of which were very embarrassingly obvious after the fact) with great patience.

I am very grateful for the Babes's Team ongoing effort to include the AE community with the tweaks and improvements they have developed.

Only recently have I begun to understand JWE's significant contribution in this respect.

US87891 -

My sincere appreciation for your willingness to step in during JWE's absence. I do hope and trust that he will be back.

Mac

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 8/19/2012 2:38:00 AM >

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 14
RE: JWE - 8/18/2012 4:46:48 PM   
Mac Linehan

wdolson -

I always appreciate your clarification and input.

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 15
RE: JWE - 8/18/2012 5:12:19 PM   
Gary Childress

Yes. Thank you wdolson for clarifying things. I had no idea of US87891's relation to anyone else in the forum. It seems I have stepped on superman's cape in that respect. I apologize.

EDIT: I don't know much about JWE's suspension, what led to it or who said what, but for the record I have always respected his many contributions to AE.

< Message edited by Gary Childress -- 8/18/2012 5:17:37 PM >

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 16
RE: JWE - 8/18/2012 11:49:27 PM   
wdolson

I don't actually know who US87891 is either. I've seen him around the forums, but he has not had anything to do with the AE development team. John (JWE) has just talked about his gaming group and their setup. I'm assuming US87891 is one of them.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

Post #: 17
RE: JWE - 8/19/2012 12:44:51 AM   
Kitakami

I do hope JWE does come back. DaBabes is a huge effort that has given me, and I think others, many hours of enjoyment. The only reason I am not playing DaBabes is because I am playing RA, which does contain a lot of stuff that was ported from DaBabes anyway. JWE has always been courteous and patient with me, explaining a lot of the little I know.

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 18
RE: JWE - 8/19/2012 6:26:51 PM   
US87891

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

I don't actually know who US87891 is either. I've seen him around the forums, but he has not had anything to do with the AE development team. John (JWE) has just talked about his gaming group and their setup. I'm assuming US87891 is one of them.

Bill

Name is Mathias Norton, Matt for short. Disabled out of US Army and now profess history. Known John for years. Always been interested in military simulations and when J intruduced me to this game, I jumped like a flea on a dog. What impresses me most is how he could take a commercial product and make it over into something orientated to the professional sphere. We use the game different from the regular wargame way (Babes is orientated to the CPX style), but J has always insisted that tweaks work within the content of the normal game. I do data and idea collection and testing. I also write scenarios and I play the designated umpire for my group.

Don't know me? well I don't know you either, so there we are. email is mathias.norton@gmail.com so maybe come and say hello.

Regards. Matt

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 19
RE: JWE - 8/19/2012 8:09:25 PM   
Gary Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: US87891

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Bill

Name is Mathias Norton, Matt for short. Disabled out of US Army and now profess history. Known John for years. Always been interested in military simulations and when J intruduced me to this game, I jumped like a flea on a dog. What impresses me most is how he could take a commercial product and make it over into something orientated to the professional sphere. We use the game different from the regular wargame way (Babes is orientated to the CPX style), but J has always insisted that tweaks work within the content of the normal game. I do data and idea collection and testing. I also write scenarios and I play the designated umpire for my group.

Don't know me? well I don't know you either, so there we are. email is mathias.norton@gmail.com so maybe come and say hello.

Regards. Matt

Well that humbles me. "Stepping on superman's cape" was clearly an understatement.

(in reply to US87891)
Post #: 20
RE: JWE - 8/19/2012 8:53:21 PM   
Mac Linehan

Well said, Gary -

I, also, am very humbled. Each time I think I might know something about history, the men (and Lady!) on this forum gently remind me (without even knowing it) that I am am just a beginner.

And - just for the record:

Gary, I will read your posts because you have an interest in a wide range of historical subjects of which I know very little about - but would like to learn.

By the way, just bought "A World At Arms" by Weinburg, because of the recommendations on this forum. Can't put it down, a very different "no bunk or myths" point of view of the war.

Matt - am very pleased that you were willing to introduce yourself. That takes, in this day and age, courage and self confidence.

Thank You for your service. What MOS in the Army? The Marines are good, and have an excellent PR machine. However the hard fact remains, that the US Army carries the burden of National Defense - and has done an outstanding job.
Mac

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 8/19/2012 8:59:01 PM >

LAV-25 2147

Post #: 21
RE: JWE - 8/19/2012 9:11:42 PM   
Gary Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mac Linehan

And - just for the record:

Gary, I will read your posts because you have an interest in a wide range of historical subjects that I know very little about - but of which I would like to learn.

Hi Mac, thank you for the vote of confidence. As much as I'd like to claim credit for knowing a great deal about WWII I just mod the game a bit and do a little bit of odd research here and there into whatever strikes my fancy. In all truthfulness you probably know more about WWII than I do.

But it's nice to share a common passion with other gentlemen over a true masterpiece of a game.

EDIT: Just thought I'd say that now that I feel 2 inches tall.

< Message edited by Gary Childress -- 8/19/2012 9:54:18 PM >

Post #: 22
RE: JWE - 8/21/2012 12:00:16 AM   
Gridley380

Oooh - an update to Babes? I want it already and I don't even know what they're going to update!!

Post #: 23
RE: JWE - 8/22/2012 6:47:48 PM   
US87891

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gridley380

Oooh - an update to Babes? I want it already and I don't even know what they're going to update!!

Doing the usual Babes things Unification and normalization.

New pwhexe file for Solomons and all the rest of the Pacific Islands. New bases for Solomons and new definitions/terrain and SLs for Pac islands.

Also new fuel/endurance numbers for capital ships. based on work J is doing for combined fleet. Digs down to cruisers. Life is much harder.

Some error corrections but that's it.

Matt

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 24
RE: JWE - 8/24/2012 3:57:01 AM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

ORIGINAL: US87891

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gridley380

Doing the usual Babes things Unification and normalization.

New pwhexe file for Solomons and all the rest of the Pacific Islands. New bases for Solomons and new definitions/terrain and SLs for Pac islands.

Also new fuel/endurance numbers for capital ships. based on work J is doing for combined fleet. Digs down to cruisers. Life is much harder.

Some error corrections but that's it.

Matt

Matt -

All of the above is detailed, hard, time consuming work. That is the price of excellence - it will be good.

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to US87891)
Post #: 25
RE: JWE - 8/24/2012 4:34:48 AM   
oldman45

Always look forward to new babes releases.

Nice to meet you Matt!

Post #: 26
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> JWE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI