Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to use a custom master file in a random game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> How to use a custom master file in a random game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to use a custom master file in a random game? - 8/16/2012 5:41:34 PM   
Twotribes

I would like to make helicopters and maybe Amphibious landing craft, how does one use a custom setting for random games?

Also how do I make a custom build-able factory?
Post #: 1
RE: How to use a custom master file in a random game? - 8/19/2012 2:47:47 AM   
Twotribes

Not a single reply, thanks for all the help.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 2
RE: How to use a custom master file in a random game? - 8/19/2012 6:24:48 AM   
bwheatley

:) People don't always look every day. Only 36 views so i wouldn't be so upset about it. I'll ignore your 2nd post and try to be helpful.

I did a search using the search button above and looked for 'random game' in the AT/Mod forum and found this link.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2793069&mpage=1&key=tweak%2Crandom%2Cgame�

It looks like it explains how to do what you're hoping for. Feel free to post again if you need help and remember to be patient. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 3
RE: How to use a custom master file in a random game? - 8/19/2012 6:11:49 PM   
Twotribes

Thanks for the reply that looks to complicated. Guess I will just have to redo them every time

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 4
RE: How to use a custom master file in a random game? - 8/19/2012 9:09:42 PM   
bwheatley

I know it looks complicated but it really isn't that bad. Once you do it the first time you won't have to do it again either which is nice ;)

-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 5
RE: How to use a custom master file in a random game? - 8/20/2012 5:42:12 PM   
mgaffn1

Two Tribes,
you shouldn't have to recreate your custom units every time you start a new game. You CAN import custom SFTypes into a random game without importing a new masterfile. You would do this via the Settings screen in the editor, and click on the tab that says "masterfile". Then you import from the scenario with your custom SFTypes. Then the prompt asks you if you want to import the masterfile, and you click no. It then imports the SFTYpe data, but not the masterfile.
Sounds more confusing than it is, but try it a couple of times, it's pretty handy. I've created a monster game with custom German units (Stukas, Panzer IV's, etc.). If I want more than the vanilla game, I can go into the editor and import the new types in my new custom game via the editor. You WILL need to go into the SFType window, and the ITEM window and the RESEARCH window, and link all these together so you will be able to research them and build them.

Good luck!

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> How to use a custom master file in a random game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI