Matrix Games Forums

Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Inter-battle treatment of infantry units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Scenarios and Campaigns >> Inter-battle treatment of infantry units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Inter-battle treatment of infantry units - 8/15/2012 7:29:47 AM   
Andy Brown

I'm just wondering if the system is meant to work like this:

Started a 1st Inf Div campaign.

My four inf pls are 1/3/1-43 Elite, 2/3/1-43 and 3/3/1-43 Veteran and HQ/3/1-43 Elite. All pls start the campaign with three squads.

During my first battle, 1/3/1-43../sq2 (Elite) and 2/3/1-43../sq3 (Veteran) suffer Light Losses. 2/3/1-43../sq2 (also Veteran) suffers Heavy Losses.

At the start of the second battle, my 1 Pl (which took 1/9 losses) has morphed from Elite to Veteran and from three squads to two.

2 Pl (which took 3/9 losses) remains veteran and retains all three squads.

I did not see any disband or reconstitute messages between battle.

The loss of a squad I can understand as an aggregate of the casualties I suffered but the downgrading of the Elite pl to Veteran ..?

Andy
Post #: 1
RE: Inter-battle treatment of infantry units - 8/15/2012 8:46:17 AM   
spellir74

Are you sure you read it properly? ...That you had light losses yet went down to 2sqds from 3.

It could be that when your elites were reconstituted to form two squads that new recruits were added. Those fresh recruits brought the elite status down.

(in reply to Andy Brown)
Post #: 2
RE: Inter-battle treatment of infantry units - 8/15/2012 5:11:37 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Brown

I'm just wondering if the system is meant to work like this:

Started a 1st Inf Div campaign.

My four inf pls are 1/3/1-43 Elite, 2/3/1-43 and 3/3/1-43 Veteran and HQ/3/1-43 Elite. All pls start the campaign with three squads.

During my first battle, 1/3/1-43../sq2 (Elite) and 2/3/1-43../sq3 (Veteran) suffer Light Losses. 2/3/1-43../sq2 (also Veteran) suffers Heavy Losses.

At the start of the second battle, my 1 Pl (which took 1/9 losses) has morphed from Elite to Veteran and from three squads to two.

2 Pl (which took 3/9 losses) remains veteran and retains all three squads.

I did not see any disband or reconstitute messages between battle.

The loss of a squad I can understand as an aggregate of the casualties I suffered but the downgrading of the Elite pl to Veteran ..?

Andy

No, that doesn't look correct to me. If your squad only had light casualties, I don't think it should have been lost. If you can zip up your campaign files, as well as a save from near the end of the first battle, I can take a look. I would need the random campaign file, the random campaign scenario files, the saved game file, and if you made changes to the Campaign Core units, the the edited campaign core unit file.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to Andy Brown)
Post #: 3
RE: Inter-battle treatment of infantry units - 8/16/2012 4:25:26 AM   
Andy Brown

Rick,

I'll leave it for the time being, thanks. This is my first campaign and I've been mucking around with the files trying to get things to better reflect my conception of reality.

In this particular case, I marginally lost the battle due to it timing out. My superiors seem to think that an hour and twenty minutes is enough time for a company-sized infantry kampfgruppe to clear 1 & 1/2 square kilometres of strongly held village and woods without excessive casualties Once I'm satisfied with their re-education, I'll revisit inter-battle re-org if it still seems questionable.

I raised the issue at this stage only to get some idea of what to expect.

Thanks,

Andy

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 4
RE: Inter-battle treatment of infantry units - 8/16/2012 4:38:57 AM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Brown

Rick,

I'll leave it for the time being, thanks. This is my first campaign and I've been mucking around with the files trying to get things to better reflect my conception of reality.

In this particular case, I marginally lost the battle due to it timing out. My superiors seem to think that an hour and twenty minutes is enough time for a company-sized infantry kampfgruppe to clear 1 & 1/2 square kilometres of strongly held village and woods without excessive casualties Once I'm satisfied with their re-education, I'll revisit inter-battle re-org if it still seems questionable.

I raised the issue at this stage only to get some idea of what to expect.

Thanks,

Andy

Sounds good Andy. let me know how it goes.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to Andy Brown)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Scenarios and Campaigns >> Inter-battle treatment of infantry units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI