Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets Updated
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Installation Problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Installation Problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Installation Problems - 8/14/2012 5:29:59 PM   
Trevise

I am having a problem of getting the expansions installed correctly. I am pretty sure its because I am not updating the base game in the correct order.(Base game works fine prior to any changes)

A thread further down on the first page mentions the following two .exe

DistantWorlds-ReturnoftheShakturi-SetupRelease-PL-v15.exe
DistantWorldsLegends-SetupRelease-v1700.exe

Title of thread is Moving DW installation directory (Not allowed to link)

I cannot seem to find them anywhere on the matrix games site. Instead I can only find the updates to RotS and Legends.

Just to be clear, I have purchased both of them.

Any idea's?
Post #: 1
RE: Installation Problems - 8/14/2012 11:28:29 PM   
Panpiper

I just recently purchased all three (a couple of days ago). I had absolutely no issues with the installation using only the files provided from the purchase. I installed the original game first, "DistantWorlds-SetupRelease-v1060-DR.exe". Then I installed the "DistantWorlds-ReturnoftheShakturi-SetupRelease-PL-v15.exe", followed by "DistantWorldsLegends-SetupRelease-v1700.exe".

All that done, I played the game for a while, doing the two tutorials. Then I checked to see if there were any updates and wound up installing a patch file, "DistantWorlds-Legends-Update-v1706.exe". That's it, no other fuss or bother.

Note that the files; "DistantWorlds-ReturnoftheShakturi-SetupRelease-PL-v15.exe" and "DistantWorldsLegends-SetupRelease-v1700.exe" were both gotten from a location sent to me as a result of purchasing them online. You cannot simply 'find' them to download. They are expansion sets, not patch files.

< Message edited by Panpiper -- 8/14/2012 11:30:22 PM >

(in reply to Trevise)
Post #: 2
RE: Installation Problems - 8/14/2012 11:32:25 PM   
Trevise

Ya, I think that was the issue I was running into. I messaged the support staff and am waiting on the links. Hopefully that will solve the issue.

(in reply to Panpiper)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Installation Problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI