Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

German Arty

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> German Arty Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
German Arty - 8/14/2012 1:30:58 PM   
rrbill

Of course, Soviets have arty divs, mortar bgds, etc. and can build up a great arty foce. What have the Germans in this regard? Have noticed that adding many arty support units of all types doesn't guarantee they'll be used.

Could a depleted Pz div be used as a very mobile carrier for arty support? Doubled or tripled with some powerful Inf divs.
Post #: 1
RE: German Arty - 8/14/2012 2:21:27 PM   
Walloc

Well u have the ability to add SU to divs. U can naturally only add Art type units to HQs.(sorry that was badly phrased). This can as u suggest create sorta a gathering of force. U can get the SU added from HQs, but note there are hard limits(u might wana look at the manual to understand this) as well as rolls on this. So this has an element of uncertainty to it.
U could look at this thread, link beelow, and the combat examples and see the detailed one.
For example in 1 of the cases. 5 on map units are supported by 22 SU from the look of it many art. 15 could be directly attached then rest comming from HQs(aka the arty). Pefect in mud where its not CV that counts as much as firepower, to an extend ofc.
This is the way on german side to build up great arty force as u say it. Well, best they can do. U could add more units in attacking reserve with added SU arty(at their HQs, with the understanding the more HQs = more SU can enter combat cuz of hard limits on HQs). Hope they will activate.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3144086

Kind regards,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 8/14/2012 6:41:10 PM >

(in reply to rrbill)
Post #: 2
RE: German Arty - 8/14/2012 5:14:34 PM   
Schmart

I was sure that the game didn't allow for artillery SUs to be attached directly to German Divs/Russian Corps. Basically, only non-artillery SUs can be attached. Did they change this?

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 3
RE: German Arty - 8/14/2012 5:41:39 PM   
Walloc

Nope. ill edit in above to post clarify

< Message edited by Walloc -- 8/14/2012 5:46:16 PM >

(in reply to Schmart)
Post #: 4
RE: German Arty - 8/15/2012 2:16:51 AM   
rrbill

Thanks for suggestions.

One idea I'll try is multiple HQs with many arty SUs in a stack or some such. If it works I'll post up.

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 5
RE: German Arty - 8/15/2012 2:37:14 AM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: rrbill

Thanks for suggestions.

One idea I'll try is multiple HQs with many arty SUs in a stack or some such. If it works I'll post up.

U have to weight in if the loss in CV cuz of attacking force comming from multiple HQ penalty is worth it. Question of maximizing so there are some tricks too it.
Its generally a bad idea to have the CV heavy part of an assult force be diluted by spread out over several HQs causing loss of CV to the multiple HQ penalty.
But lets say u attack with all or majority of CV in one HQ. Those CVs dont get diluted if u bring addtional forces u wouldnt else attack with or its a minorty of the CV force. Tho those get the CV penalty, extra with the penalty is still better than nothing. In particular as its a CV only reduction as i understand it. If the extra force mainly are firepower related as in Art then it doesnt matter a much. Also why i suggested the possible use of attacking reserve if all the frontline hexes are from same HQ(s).
Do that make sense? else i can try explain better

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 8/15/2012 2:48:36 AM >

(in reply to rrbill)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> German Arty Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI