Supply depots in Battleaxe?

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Josh

Supply depots in Battleaxe?

Post by Josh »

I think it's the fourth scenario in AK, battleaxe I think

As stated in the briefing you have to destroy Allied supply depots... but where are they? As marked on the map but I couldn't find them anway. Then I ran into an "assembly area" and had to hold it for four turns or so... but what does it do?
My forces are thinly spread so I don't have the luxury of sending out recon cars/Inf. to find the supply depots see.
terje439

RE: Supply depots in Battleaxe?

Post by terje439 »

You need to have four units in the assembly area, then you are told to race to the wire. At the wire you will find some supply depot "units", destroy them as any normal unit.

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
Josh

Post by Josh »

Riiight thank you!  [&o]
Well I can see where this came from, from a scenario point of view, trying to make the gameplay a bit more "historic" and fluid... so yeah I can appreciate that, but if it isn't clear from the players point of view, that is if the objectives aren't clear enough maybe this scenario needs some more info/briefing?
I'll have to replay it anyway now.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

IN AK, you'll need to read all messages, carefully.
You can always check the pop-up messages, using the message button.
jwduquette1

Post by jwduquette1 »

It's the Sidi Rezegh Scenario. The depots are not always in wire hexes. Sometimes they are 5 or 8 hexes on the British side of the wire. I think the locations of depots may change randomly between successive plays of the scenarios. Regardless, it's a tough scenario cause the Germans get really spread out between chasing down and destroying supply depots, and trying to hold the line around Tobruk.

Return to “The War Room”