Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) BabesLite-B

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) BabesLite-B Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 10/2/2012 8:18:52 PM   
JocMeister

Thank you

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 121
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 10/8/2012 9:23:33 AM   
JocMeister

Finally the baby arrived!

On the 5th I got a little baby girl! Obviously Im a proud and happy dad right now. Sleep is already turning into a luxury and spare time is about nil as Im currently stuck doing all the housekeeping, shopping and diaperchanges while the GF is slacking in bed all day!

This also have affected my priorities. There is no way I will be able to keep up with two PBEMs and two AARs. Obviously the PBEMs themselves take top priority and the AARs second. I have decided to completely drop this AAR for now. The reason is simply that its not a very interesting period of the game. It has been done a thousand times. More stuff is happening each turn and its taking a lot more time to update. Its also not as fun writing about a constant string of defeats that will probably last for another year!

I might revive this from time to time with an update or two but for now if I have time to write in an AAR I will focus on my other one. It can be found here CLICKME Erik and I have reached a very interesting period (7/43) and Im having to make due without carriers. It started as kind of a "mini AAR" just detailing a single CV battle but have evolved into something more lately. If you are reading this feel free to check it out!

So with that Im signing off from this AAR for the time being. To everyone that has been following a big THANK YOU!

< Message edited by JocMeister -- 10/22/2012 8:29:27 PM >

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 122
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 10/8/2012 10:59:50 AM   
obvert

Great pic!!! Wonderful to see her.

Sorry to hear this is dropping for a while, but I know you well enough to predict it will resume periodically as you say. We can keep up from Joseph's solid postings in the meantime.

Happy nappys!

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 123
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 10/8/2012 2:23:36 PM   
moore4807

Congrats on a beautiful baby girl!

Sad to see the AAR go, but her expression says it all " Don't even THINK your going to not pay attention to me!"

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 124
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 10/8/2012 2:38:29 PM   
witpqs

Congratulations!!!

Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/site/staffmonkeys/

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 125
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 10/8/2012 3:06:19 PM   
Empire101

Congratulations!!

A beautiful baby girl.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 126
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 10/8/2012 3:51:00 PM   
Dan Nichols

Congrat Jocke. Spend all the time you can with her, they grow up way too quick. Enjoy her all you can.

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 127
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/13/2014 7:12:08 AM   
JocMeister

Still Making Lemonade

This game is still ongoing although I havnt updated the AAR in a long, long time. I plan on slowly, slowly breathing life into this. When my other game is finished I intend to pick this AAR up full time.

------------------------
Summery
------------------------

We are now exactly a year into the game. Its has been a very different game so far from my other one. During the initial Japanese onslaught Joseph played it safe and brought the hammer for every invasion. While this made it impossible for the allies to stop or disrupt any major landing it cost him time.

By the time the Amphib bonus ran out Joseph had only made it to Darwin. I had expected a major 2nd phase landing in Western OZ or Ceylon/india but neither happened. Instead Joseph left huge areas in Northern OZ and SOPAC (New Caledonia) almost empty after the initial conquest. He has allowed me to retake those areas completely unmolested and Im happy to oblige. I have 4 different invasions planned but as long as Im allowed to take but areas without a fight Im content with that.

Im not sure what Josephs overall plan is but Im not convinced its a sound one. He is basically allowing me to build up strength when Im at my weakest and most vulnerable and he is at his strongest. Im certainly happy with that.

He has also made a major strategical error in giving away NOPAC to me. Im in complete control of all bases in the Aleuteans. Adak, Amchitca and Dutch have 700-900 AV each behind level 6-7 forts. Most smaller bases have 150-300 AV behind level 4-6 forts. Barring an all out Japanese effort here we are secure. The possession of the Aleutians is a too big boon to ignore and we will exploit this to the fullest with an invasion of the Kuriles in late 43.

------------------------
Shiplosses
------------------------

Almost non existant. Ive lost 5 old CLs and CA Minneapolis. Illustrious was sunk by a sub in July. Thats it!

------------------------
Allied offensives
------------------------

We have recaptured the line islands in mid 42.

After a very interesting mid ocean encounter around the Marshalls we got a solid fix on the KB heading for the HI. I had a CL force shadowing the KB for 3 days. KB was spotted by floatplanes from CL Detroit. Yet Joseph didnt seem to notice and no attacks was flown against my CL force. After that we put some forces on Tarawa which was still a green dot base. Joseph tried to take it back later wrecking two IDs against my lone USMC RGT. Got to love the Marines.

For now Im fully content to advance into the empty spaces left by Joseph in northern OZ and the Solomons. No need to fight if we dont have to.

------------------------
China
------------------------

This is the usual mess which I added to with some idiotic play. Joseph also have played very good in China and quickly exploited any mistake I made. My overall plan here was to sacrifice a number of the weaker units to help with supply. This worked well enough (loosing the units that is) but after some mistakes on my part I lost two big stacks and then a third. Even with those gone supply ran dry in August and after that it was the usual collapse. Ive lost the central plains but have 4000 AV in Chungking. The rest of the allied forces are entrenched in the mountains. Supply is as expected nil but Joseph seems content with having me boxed in there.

------------------------
Score
------------------------

AV is no danger as we are hovering around 3:1 in score. Even with a complete collapse in China it wont give him enough VPs for AV and I have all of 43 to get it below 3:1.

------------------------
Future
------------------------

Ill try and perhaps do a monthly update from now on. Very little is happening and my other game still takes most of my attention. This game is still very fun for me as I now have to tools to really start pushing early. Im feeling very optimistic for the future and armed with the experience of my other game I feel confident going on the offensive.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Dan Nichols)
Post #: 128
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/20/2014 5:10:51 AM   
JocMeister

18th Dec -42

Not much happening over the last week.

------------------------
China
------------------------

Things are really crumbling here. Supply is now 0 in every unit and base.

------------------------
CENTPAC
------------------------

Im getting into position to resupply Tarawa. Due to events in SOPAC I have a fix on the KB at Rabaul. I have an operation in the Gilberts ready but due to stacking limits I have to pick troops up all the way from PH and Suva. ETA should be sometime in late January/early February.

------------------------
SOPAC
------------------------

Joseph have left the Solomons completely undeveloped and empty and Im still advancing slowly towards Ndeni. It just takes time to build everything up as I want to advance under LBA. Should land on Ndeni in 2 weeks or so.

I also did a quick grab of Milne Bay. It was almost undefended and using the weather I manged to get really close undetected. Joseph havnt developed any proper bases in this area either and I managed to close Buka and PM while landing. I had one strike go for the CVs and 2-3 against the Amphibs. None penetrated the CAP/LRCAP.

I have no intention of going the NG route again but I want to trigger a response from Joseph and most importantly I want him to keep the KB in this area where I can see it. The troops on Milne are on their own for now. Joseph will need 80-100 days to counter attack. So Ill be back in 70 days dumping another division there.

The navy + Amphibs withdrew undetected to OZ and are now heading out of the area.

------------------------
NOPAC
------------------------

We have stopped the fort building and have now started building airfields and ports. I need more engineers here but none are to be had.

------------------------
Extended Map problems
------------------------

For the 3rd time now I have had TFs in off map movement "warp" back on the map and trying to make its way straight through the map.

This time its two AMCs going from Cape Town to Eastern USA that end up in Singapore. Ugh. This behavior has already cost me a Brit CV.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JocMeister -- 1/20/2014 6:18:22 AM >

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 129
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/20/2014 4:36:03 PM   
Bullwinkle58

Cliff and I are heading fast for a 3:1 and it gives me the willies. Good to know total loss of China isn't fatal.

The Moose

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 130
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/20/2014 5:23:22 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Cliff and I are heading fast for a 3:1 and it gives me the willies. Good to know total loss of China isn't fatal.

The 4:1 is so hard, though :(. You'll be fine!

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 131
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/20/2014 6:33:42 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

The 4:1 is so hard, though :(. You'll be fine!

Says the guy who doesn't know what intel I'm getting. Believe me, the bars in Spokane don't serve Japanese.

The Moose

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 132
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/20/2014 6:41:17 PM   
Lokasenna

That reminds me that I've been forgetting to do my cheap misdirection... I'd have to be 8 kinds of crazy to invade CONUS.

Post #: 133
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/20/2014 7:13:13 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

That reminds me that I've been forgetting to do my cheap misdirection... I'd have to be 8 kinds of crazy to invade CONUS.

I thought you already were doing cheap misdirection . . .

Excuse me, I have to move some stuff.

The Moose

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 134
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/21/2014 4:30:29 AM   
JocMeister

Muppets!

Joseph would need about 8000 more VPs for AV right now. I think 3-5000 or so can be found in China if he can grab Chungking and clear the mountains. Still leaves him way too short. And since the allies have started expanding (although slowly) and taking back ground its impossible.

He only has 24800 VPs which I think is pretty low.

Post #: 135
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/21/2014 4:36:16 AM   
Commander Cody

Good to see this AAR back in action! It looks like you are doing quite well. However, I imagine your opponent is building a pretty solid wall somewhere within his perimeter.

What's the latest and greatest beer you've had? A friend of mine recently homebrewed a maple & pecan porter that was quite subtle and thus tasty (you wouldn't want too much of either of those flavors), if a bit sweet.

Cheers,
CC

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 136
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/21/2014 7:19:25 AM   
JocMeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: Commander Cody

Good to see this AAR back in action! It looks like you are doing quite well. However, I imagine your opponent is building a pretty solid wall somewhere within his perimeter.

What's the latest and greatest beer you've had? A friend of mine recently homebrewed a maple & pecan porter that was quite subtle and thus tasty (you wouldn't want too much of either of those flavors), if a bit sweet.

Cheers,
CC

Hey CC!

Im still on my Christmas Ale supply! Bought a full case (20 bottles) and still have a couple left before Im allowed to buy new ones for the missus!

Been drinking more Scotch then beer lately though!
http://www.ardbeg.com/ardbeg/whisky/ardbeg-corryvreckan

(in reply to Commander Cody)
Post #: 137
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/22/2014 4:21:17 AM   
Commander Cody

Nice one. I've had Ardbeg 10, but haven't seen that one at the local British Embassy pub (a very good place to try scotch).

Cheers,
CC

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 138
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/22/2014 10:04:04 AM   
obvert

I've been on Balvenie 14 yr carribean cask. Much more vanila/toffey tones and not so smokey, but very very smooth.

http://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/balvenie/balvenie-14-year-old-caribbean-cask-whisky/

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Commander Cody)
Post #: 139
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/22/2014 1:56:17 PM   
JocMeister

I think that one is available over shelf here in Sweden. Might give that one a try. Pretty cheap too!

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 140
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/23/2014 8:02:54 AM   
JocMeister

I sent Joseph an email last night asking to terminate the game. Clearly he has some big issues with playing Japan, DBB and the BETA. I see no point in playing on if your opponent have no joy in the game whatsoever.

After the Milne Bay landing Joseph expressed a lot of frustration. Im not really sure what he expected from 40 Fighters and 60 bombers flying in heavy rain and thunderstorms from two level 5 AFs against 6 allied CVs though. He also expressed a lot of frustration regarding his Patrol planes inability to detect my fleet from 20-25 hexes out in Thunderstorms. This while my search detected his Fleet. (I have not mentioned they are flying from a dot base 8 hexes from his CVs)

This is not the first time Joseph have been very unhappy with the game and we have had long discussion regarding many things. I feel he has impossible expectations on the performance of his forces and what he expects to happen simply will never do. Not unlike myself at one time his expectations are based on what he thinks should happen rather then on how the game works. He clearly feel DBB and the BETA is a tremendous disadvantage to an already crippled Japan. I cant really do anything about that but I feel it makes it pointless to play on.

Knowing whats in store for Japan in 44-45 and Josephs reaction to quite insignificant things this early I highly doubt this game will see the end of 43. That have completely killed my motivation and I find no joy in the game. Admittedly that may be a "me problem". But regardless its very obvious by Josephs emails he is not having fun and only feels frustrated. That alone is enough for me to ask for cancellation.

I sent the email last morning and have yet to receive a reply. I know Joseph is busy this week on a first aid course but hope to receive a reply later this week.

< Message edited by JocMeister -- 1/23/2014 1:55:00 PM >

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 141
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/23/2014 11:34:17 AM   
Itdepends

Probably a good move- I follow 2 AAR's on - Mr Mandrake and co and SqyzmyLemons. One because it's funny (although there has a been a disturbingly high level of planning lately) and the other because of the fascination that causes motorists to slow down when passing an auto accident. Joseph would be happier if he looked for more lemonade and less lemons.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 142
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/27/2014 1:39:09 PM   
JocMeister

So, this game is rolling again. Joseph is absolutely adamant he wont quit. We have had a good communication going regarding what the BETA means. I have shown him a lot of air losses screens and CRs from my game vs. Erik to make absolutely sure he knows what he is in for. Im not entirely sure he really understands as I still get the feeling his thinks Milne Bay was just bad luck. It wasnt. He simply didnt have the logistics or numbers there to be much of a threat. But Ill have to trust him when he says there is no way he is going to bail. Despite my doubts Ill just have to try and play this game as best as I could.

Next up is a invasion of Ndeni followed by a smash and grab in the Gilberts. Going to continue to play this VERY safe. I need my CVs and Amphibs intact. After that we are moving to the IO to grab the Adamans. That will make Josephs position in Burma very dangerous if I manage to hold on to the mountains in China.

Joseph have made a very hard bed to lie in right now. He is relying completely on the KB to stop any advancement into the Solomons or Gilberts. There are no troops in place. No forts, no nothing. So as long as I can avoid the KB he is giving all this away for free. The only thing holding me back is base expansion but with the flood of engineers now starting to arrive in SOPAC that wont be a problem for too long. This also means Joseph will HAVE to keep the KB in SOPAC. Ive just started prepping troops for Wake.

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 143
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/27/2014 2:34:46 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Joseph have made a very hard bed to lie in right now. He is relying completely on the KB to stop any advancement into the Solomons or Gilberts. There are no troops in place. No forts, no nothing. So as long as I can avoid the KB he is giving all this away for free. The only thing holding me back is base expansion but with the flood of engineers now starting to arrive in SOPAC that wont be a problem for too long. This also means Joseph will HAVE to keep the KB in SOPAC. Ive just started prepping troops for Wake.

I don't think this is such a bad choice. Japan probably would have been better off not fighting and trying to support troops in those areas as well.

So when you say he made a hard bed, I'd say the opposite. He created a nice soft cushion for your invasions to land on. You would still take half a year to take enough of those, build them up and get ready for another advance beyond into the Marianas. He doesn't have to keep the KB anywhere. The fact that you think it has to be in SOPAC means he's already achieving one goal, which is to make you think you can predict his movements.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 144
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/27/2014 2:51:17 PM   
JocMeister

Lets disagree on that.

Its not going to take half a year to get though all the Solomons and I can use only a very small amount of troops. The only way he could possible stop me (since he doesnt have any airfields to stage LBA from) is using the KB. If he has the KB in range of the Solomons its a allied strategic victory. If he doesnt he is giving the Solomons away for free which is still an allied victory. Its a win win for me.

The important thing here is the fact that I can use a couple of RGTs to secure the entire Solomons and New England. That means I can use the spare troops for an additional attack vector I would otherwise not have had the troops for. That is not good Japanese news.

But we will see in 6 months or so if I was right.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 145
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/27/2014 2:56:49 PM   
ny59giants

It seems to me that DBB has more construction units/devices. In 2/44, I finally landed at Hansa Bay (like Jocke's other game, I'm behind schedule). Two days post capture of the base I followed up with over 800 engineers (engineers plus engineer vehicles) and the base was totally repaired and expanding. I just peaked out with almost 1400 engineers total. The Allies in DBB can build up bases faster than any JFB can imagine. Without any altitude restrictions (HR) the P-38 series is above average and the P-47s is just plain deadly (using newest air data by Symon).

So with the experience Jocke has gained from other game, he should be able to move forward rather quickly, IMO.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 146
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/27/2014 3:26:50 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

It seems to me that DBB has more construction units/devices. In 2/44, I finally landed at Hansa Bay (like Jocke's other game, I'm behind schedule). Two days post capture of the base I followed up with over 800 engineers (engineers plus engineer vehicles) and the base was totally repaired and expanding. I just peaked out with almost 1400 engineers total. The Allies in DBB can build up bases faster than any JFB can imagine. Without any altitude restrictions (HR) the P-38 series is above average and the P-47s is just plain deadly (using newest air data by Symon).

So with the experience Jocke has gained from other game, he should be able to move forward rather quickly, IMO.

Believe me I know how fast he can go! I've seen it on the other side. no doubts about that.

My interest in commenting on the Allied side is to posit a more rounded view of the situation. If Japan does not defend heavily in the Marshalls/Gilberts (which is the part I was referring to, not the Solomons) ten they have more resources to defend more vital secondary locations. Now that I've experienced the Allied ability to move quickly, hop heavily defended locations, and build them up fast to support the next jump, I think it's detrimental for Japan to defend forward. The best defenses have not been those where the front has been heavily built, but those where the Allies were met with counter thrusts, surprises, and reinforcements or reinvasions.

So nothing really can be learned by the fact that extended perimeters are not heavily defended except that Japan did not have to use the men and materials to make them so.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 147
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/27/2014 4:04:29 PM   
JocMeister

Good points. But leaving land completely empty... not even a smallish unit with 2-3 forts to delay is a big mistake IMO. This enables me to advance with small units, small low value ships mostly without cover from LBA or combat ships. So even if he did manage to smash something up it doesnt matter. And what should he counter attack? So what if he wrecks a RGT. It would just be a waste of time.

I may be wrong but giving up land completely free as Joseph has done in Western/Northern OZ, Solomons, Hebrides and the Gilberts is a mistake. He shouldnt defend those heavily but he should defend them. He has not even bothered to clear warp all dotbases those places giving me perfect staging bases for CATs.

As I said I may be completely wrong but Im very happy with getting all this stuff for free (assuming I dont lose anything important). And if Im happy that cant be good from a Japanese POV?

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 148
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 1/27/2014 4:59:29 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Good points. But leaving land completely empty... not even a smallish unit with 2-3 forts to delay is a big mistake IMO. This enables me to advance with small units, small low value ships mostly without cover from LBA or combat ships. So even if he did manage to smash something up it doesnt matter. And what should he counter attack? So what if he wrecks a RGT. It would just be a waste of time.

I may be wrong but giving up land completely free as Joseph has done in Western/Northern OZ, Solomons, Hebrides and the Gilberts is a mistake. He shouldnt defend those heavily but he should defend them. He has not even bothered to clear warp all dotbases those places giving me perfect staging bases for CATs.

As I said I may be completely wrong but Im very happy with getting all this stuff for free (assuming I dont lose anything important). And if Im happy that cant be good from a Japanese POV?

There is no mistake until you are able to prove it is one! Your happiness can be used in many ways by the Japanese player.

Remember when Canoerebel landed on Sumatra? It was a huge 'mistake' by John III to not have those areas properly defended. Yet, after a few months fighting there, it began to look more like the mistake was to take them so early. I have no idea what Joseph's defense plan is in detail, but it could be many different things at this point.

Anything is a mistake if you make it one!

Just saying, the proof is in the pudding.

< Message edited by obvert -- 1/27/2014 6:00:42 PM >

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 149
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 2/8/2014 6:15:41 PM   
JocMeister

Last turn of 1942

Not much has happened over the last 2 weeks.

------------------------
CENTPAC
------------------------

Ouff, The planned invasion of the Gilberts is postponed. Firstly Im 99% certain the KB is sitting at Kusaie Island and most importantly I gravely underestimated the fuel usage. I have juuuuust enough to pull it off but it leaves no room for combat or any kind of maneuvering. So I postponed the entire operation for now and left the Fleet at OZ. Ill do some minor stuff down there instead. Should be able to go in February instead.

------------------------
SOPAC
------------------------

Ndeni is secured on the 26th of December. No opposition. Milne Bay is left on its own. Since the fleet is here I will try and grab PM and Terapo to secure the flank. Goal is to capture Darwin within 6 months.

------------------------
NOPAC
------------------------

As forts become ready Ive started pulling out some of the EABs and sending them to PH.

------------------------
DEI
------------------------

Im going to try a crazy grab on Cocos soon. I might fail as I go in completely blind with mostly armored units. Ill see if I can force Joseph to react and shift the KB here.

------------------------
China
------------------------

Line in the mountains are holding for now. Supply is exactly NIL. Im trying to fly in supply to places where I think Joseph is going to attack. Its fairly easy to predict since he shifts the entire air force to that location a couple of days ahead. But OPS losses to the transports are insane. I lost more C47s to OPS losses then I have P40s in A2A. I wonder if something is messed up with the allied transports. Same thing in my other game.

Ill update again when something happens.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) BabesLite-B Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI