Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Case Blue: Bwheatley vs 'The Russian Rat' abulbulian (no abulbulian)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> After Action Reports >> RE: Case Blue: Bwheatley vs 'The Russian Rat' abulbulian (no abulbulian) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Case Blue: Bwheatley vs 'The Russian Rat' abulbulia... - 8/15/2012 4:57:21 PM   
bwheatley

High Command has reported that due to logistics issues (I'm not familiar enough with germany yet) we will most likely not be able to implement Operation RustyHammer.

-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 31
RE: Case Blue: Bwheatley vs 'The Russian Rat' abulbulia... - 8/15/2012 5:17:39 PM   
bwheatley

T3

Start Maps
North

It looks like the russian bear woke up with a hangover when he saw 2.5 of his armies in the center completely trapped and sealed away on the west side of the oskol. It appears he has cut his loses and run. (Which is probably what i should be doing in my game with him as russia..but screw that we fight!)

Center

South
The hills are going to be a tough nut to crack but we have no choice. OKH has told us to get to our objectives and we must obey. It is the prussian way.

Sevastopol
It appears there is a rescure force coming. We need to push hard to get this city and all its defenders.

< Message edited by bwheatley -- 8/15/2012 5:19:26 PM >

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 32
RE: Case Blue: Bwheatley vs 'The Russian Rat' abulbulia... - 8/15/2012 5:27:05 PM   
bwheatley

Casualties at the start of the turn

By the end of the turn we killed many soviets. And it wasn't even the ones hidden away.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 33
RE: Case Blue: Bwheatley vs 'The Russian Rat' abulbulia... - 8/15/2012 5:32:30 PM   
bwheatley

End of turn maps

North
We had to run to catch up but managed to get a few attacks off.

Center

South

Sevastopol

< Message edited by bwheatley -- 8/15/2012 5:43:13 PM >

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 34
RE: Case Blue: Bwheatley vs 'The Russian Rat' abulbulia... - 8/15/2012 5:44:17 PM   
bwheatley

It appears sevastopol will fall tomorrow but he will probably be able to escape with all his left over forces to fight again another day.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 35
RE: Case Blue: Bwheatley vs 'The Russian Rat' abulbulia... - 8/17/2012 1:23:13 AM   
bwheatley

T4

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 36
RE: Case Blue: Bwheatley vs 'The Russian Rat' abulbulia... - 8/17/2012 1:27:25 AM   
bwheatley

In the south Rostov has impressive forts along both edges so we've decided for the standard left hook.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 37
RE: Case Blue: Bwheatley vs 'The Russian Rat' abulbulia... - 8/17/2012 1:33:26 AM   
bwheatley

Sevastopol has fallen.

We are still contemplating Operation RustyHammer. The advance sub scouts were destroyed but in retaliation we sunk a fleet of russian subs marked by the 'X'. We also sank half a patrol of some torpedo boats. The Soviet force to the farthest right is most likely the transports under cover of cruisers and destroyers. We did not risk a one-sided engagement.

The whole axis fleet is now in sevastopol. We have several divisions that we could pick up and attempt to take the east banks of the kerch. But we are still unsure if we will be able to hold off the soviet fleet long enough to land. Rostov looks like the soviets have pulled significant forces from the caucasus so an invasion might help us in that regard.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 38
RE: Case Blue: Bwheatley vs 'The Russian Rat' abulbulia... - 8/17/2012 1:34:33 AM   
bwheatley

Reports

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 39
RE: Case Blue: Bwheatley vs 'The Russian Rat' abulbulia... - 8/17/2012 9:23:52 AM   
olivier34

Interesting to see how you use your 1 PK. I have allways move them up north in the direction of Lititchank.
How is the supply of your Wiking and 13th panzer ? To you plan to push forward with them the next days ?

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 40
RE: Case Blue: Bwheatley vs 'The Russian Rat' abulbulia... - 8/17/2012 6:01:00 PM   
bwheatley

quote:

ORIGINAL: olivier34

Interesting to see how you use your 1 PK. I have allways move them up north in the direction of Lititchank.
How is the supply of your Wiking and 13th panzer ? To you plan to push forward with them the next days ?

Yea i was giving it some thought and i haven't really played many games as germany so it could be a rookie mistake. I thought with 2PzK going through the center 1PzK could provide more push in the center.

And it appears it was a mistake we intercepted a message from Stavka(ara)
quote:

it's bad for your 16th and 60 Mot
cut off and hopefully destroyed next turn.

Though it turns out my bombing campaign as annoyed ara's reinforcements a bit. Since you have to be rail connected to a city not just road connected. So no reinforcements to the northern objective for a few turns until he repairs the bridges. Might give us the boost we need to hold onto it.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to olivier34)
Post #: 41
RE: Case Blue: Bwheatley vs 'The Russian Rat' abulbulia... - 8/17/2012 6:43:21 PM   
Keunert

Stavka is spreading misinformation, after all your mobile units flanks are well protected by the legions of Mussolini.

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 42
RE: Case Blue: Bwheatley vs 'The Russian Rat' abulbulia... - 8/17/2012 11:10:08 PM   
bwheatley

Wow yea it's bad. :) I guess payback fro my soviet game killing 29MotD. And yes having ities guarding my flank was a terrible idea. Apparently i didn't do enough recon to see swarms of soviets.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 43
RE: Case Blue: Bwheatley vs 'The Russian Rat' abulbulia... - 9/1/2012 3:15:28 PM   
Keunert

so? how bad is it really?

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 44
RE: Case Blue: Bwheatley vs 'The Russian Rat' abulbulia... - 9/7/2012 3:03:52 AM   
bwheatley

I need to spend the weekend updating the aar a bit heh. I lost my oomph in the south mostly.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 45
RE: Case Blue: Bwheatley vs 'The Russian Rat' abulbulia... - 9/8/2012 10:57:33 PM   
krupp_88mm

I really like your bridge bombing, that is something my opponent has neglected. I feel like if he had bombed some bridges behind my retreat he could have prevented my rails, forced my engineers back to repair so they couldn't blow bridges in his way and trapped a lot of my units.

Also careful leaving your navy in open waters, I think you should keep them in port and only move them out to move ports or scout half thier distance so they can get pack to port at end turn. Also be really careful using them to engage soviet navy, if he has any ships left after an attack in range it could result in complete destruction, it might be possible to gang up on a small unit and get back to port in time becasue naval combat doesn't seem to use much ap if you will win.

< Message edited by krupp_88mm -- 9/8/2012 11:03:46 PM >

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> After Action Reports >> RE: Case Blue: Bwheatley vs 'The Russian Rat' abulbulian (no abulbulian) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI