tooltips

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

fulcrum28

tooltips

Post by fulcrum28 »

in the new toop tips AP<AT<FORT values appear (which I think it indicates how much extra anti-personal, anti-tant and fortication scores you get if you move your units to that terrain). but what does SP stands for? spotting?
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
Oberst_Klink

RE: tooltips

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Could you provide a screenshot? My guess is, SP for SuPply...

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
fulcrum28

RE: tooltips

Post by fulcrum28 »

thank you.i chekced and it is the supply info
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
Templer_12

Adjust tooltip transparency

Post by Templer_12 »

The tooltip in-game help is too transparent.
Where and how can I change the transparency?
Catch21

RE: Adjust tooltip transparency

Post by Catch21 »

I believe it's the "ToolTipAlpha=" value in the 'Opart 3 Fonts.ini' file in your TOAW game directory, which can be set from 0-255 (0=Full Opacity, 255=None).

I'd advise backing up the file before making changes- to 'Opart 3 Fonts.bak' for example. Then test it to a value you like.

Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply. (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

ORIGINAL: General Staff

I believe it's the "ToolTipAlpha=" value in the 'Opart 3 Fonts.ini' file in your TOAW game directory, which can be set from 0-255 (0=Full Opacity, 255=None).

I'd advise backing up the file before making changes- to 'Opart 3 Fonts.bak' for example. Then test it to a value you like.
Thank you, that was it.
Maybe someone knows how and where to change the color of the font and the color of the background from the tooltip?
Catch21

Post by Catch21 »

Sure. Attached is my 'Opart 3 Fonts.ini' file, where these values are saved. It's actually called 'Opart 3 Fonts (Commented).ini' because that's what it does and to keep it separate from the 'real' 'Opart 3 Fonts.ini' file used by the game. I had to rename it to a .txt file to get it to upload here, so the first thing you'll need to do is rename it back after download to give it an .ini extension.

You might want to compare your 'real' file to this one. The ToolTip variables/parameters are under the [Colors] section at top. You can play around with these to your heart's (or eyes') content. There are threads about this around the TOAW Forum here.

You can also do the same with 'Opart 3.ini' (game parameters/variables) but that's another story...

Hope this helps.
Attachments
Opart3Fo..mmented.txt
(3.09 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply. (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”