Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How Transfer subunits?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> How Transfer subunits? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How Transfer subunits? - 8/9/2012 1:40:50 AM   
Philo32b

How transfer subunits to a different unit? This is probably very obvious, but I cannot figure it out. I tried "T" as in Advanced Tactics Gold, but the game crashes then.

My main HQ has these dive bombers in it now as replacements, and I cannot figure out how to transfer them to a new unit. How do I do that? Are replacements automatically supposed to flow to end units? If so, mine are not for some reason.
Post #: 1
RE: How Transfer subunits? - 8/9/2012 2:17:15 AM   
bwheatley

That's a little different than ATG. Things are based on the TOE's. The closest thing i've come up with is if you want to disband units too you have to set their replacement level to REPL and they will disband over a few turns. That will return the items to the main HQ then they can be redistributed to other units.

Vic said you could edit the scen to turn back on the old school supply rulevar though for people who like the old school supply setup.

-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to Philo32b)
Post #: 2
RE: How Transfer subunits? - 8/9/2012 8:00:31 AM   
Grotius

I think your main HQ will distribute those bombers to the appropriate units in the next turn or two. I think I read somewhere that they'll go from, say, OKH to the relevant Army HQ, then to the Corps HQ, then to the combat unit? And that process might take more than one turn? But I could be mistaken. It does seem to work like that for me, for what it's worth.

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 3
RE: How Transfer subunits? - 8/9/2012 10:19:56 AM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Philo32b

How transfer subunits to a different unit? This is probably very obvious, but I cannot figure it out. I tried "T" as in Advanced Tactics Gold, but the game crashes then.

My main HQ has these dive bombers in it now as replacements, and I cannot figure out how to transfer them to a new unit. How do I do that? Are replacements automatically supposed to flow to end units? If so, mine are not for some reason.

Yes the hotkey T does cause a crash. Will be fixed in next patch v1.02. There is no 'transfer' in DC. It flows automaticly. However for it do so your HQ with the dive bomber must have a subordinate unit somewhere in the chain of command that is actually missing divebombers.
Check the replacement requests of your divebomber units or the replacement requests of all unit in the stats tab. If you have no unit needing divebombers you should consider creating a new divebomber unit. (Stukageschwader)

best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to Philo32b)
Post #: 4
RE: How Transfer subunits? - 8/9/2012 10:29:02 AM   
balto

I am not sure I understand this.

So if you disband a Stuka unit under the 2 Army and there are no other Stuka units in the 2 Army -- the 2 Army HQ will just keep the divebombers until you build a new divebomber (shell) unit?

Is this is correct, would it be better to reassign a STUKA that you want to disband to an HQ that already has a STUKA under it so the DISBANDED Stukas flow to that STUKA?

If my understanding is correct - is there any reason disbanded units do not act like replacements and just go directly to OKH?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 5
RE: How Transfer subunits? - 8/9/2012 4:18:21 PM   
bwheatley

quote:

ORIGINAL: balto

I am not sure I understand this.

So if you disband a Stuka unit under the 2 Army and there are no other Stuka units in the 2 Army -- the 2 Army HQ will just keep the divebombers until you build a new divebomber (shell) unit?

Is this is correct, would it be better to reassign a STUKA that you want to disband to an HQ that already has a STUKA under it so the DISBANDED Stukas flow to that STUKA?

If my understanding is correct - is there any reason disbanded units do not act like replacements and just go directly to OKH?

The disbanded u nits will flow from 2nd Army HQ upto OKH then be ready to flow down the chain to any units who need it again.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 6
RE: How Transfer subunits? - 8/10/2012 12:17:45 AM   
Philo32b

That's my problem--I got the replacements when my dive bomber unit was at full strength. Makes perfect sense now.

I'm actually very glad the replacement system works like this, rather than manually as in ATG. With the number of units involved I would have to quit my day job in order to have a properly functioning army. My wife would not appreciate that.

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 7
RE: How Transfer subunits? - 8/10/2012 6:22:38 AM   
bwheatley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Philo32b

That's my problem--I got the replacements when my dive bomber unit was at full strength. Makes perfect sense now.

I'm actually very glad the replacement system works like this, rather than manually as in ATG. With the number of units involved I would have to quit my day job in order to have a properly functioning army. My wife would not appreciate that.

Wives sometimes don't approve of our long time away from home fighting the wars!

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to Philo32b)
Post #: 8
RE: How Transfer subunits? - 8/10/2012 6:32:56 AM   
aspqrz

quote:

Wives sometimes don't approve of our long time away from home fighting the wars!

Surely not!

One reason to remain single

Phil

Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> How Transfer subunits? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI