Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval part of the game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> The War Room >> Naval part of the game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval part of the game - 8/8/2012 3:54:49 PM   
alex0809

Anyone had any success in the naval part of the game as Germany? Seems pretty useless to waste valuable StuKas trying to destroy the dozens of ships the Soviets have. And of course since with your Navy you can with a lot of luck sink maybe 1/5 of the Soviet forces before being utterly annihilated it's not really a choice either

So... ever managed to do anything useful in the Naval part with Germans? Any landings (it DOES seem tempting to land a division in the very Southern area)?
Also, do you also think that 100 PP for the Kriegsmarine card which only gives you a few torpedo boats and transports is a bit steep?

Of course you can write about Soviet navy too, have you done landings with success with them? I suppose that might actually be a very good tactic?
Post #: 1
RE: Naval part of the game - 8/8/2012 5:58:01 PM   
Keunert

Sevastopol can get supply by sea. Germany sending it's navy will prevent this.
This will lower german casualties a lot. You could still move your ships back after the soviets arrive.

another option would be to sneak close to Sevastopol but trying to get out of harms way.
once the soviet tries to evacuate the Sevastopol garrison by sea you attack the transport ships.

once the soviets are back on track it will be likely that they will try to make a landing to cut off Kerch
or the entire Krim. in such cases having ships will be important because of their anti supply capability.

(in reply to alex0809)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval part of the game - 8/9/2012 9:25:12 PM   
alex0809

I really don't understand one thing about the Axis navy:

I read that the Germans transported 6 Type IIB submarines to the Black Sea. I didn't read anything about them getting destroyed, quite the contrary, they destroyed quite a few ships so where are they?

What makes this even more weird is the description of the Soviet submarines "Soviet submarines are not as well engineered and technically advanced as German U-Boats and have half their hitpoints".
Well.. yeah, that's awesome, German submarines are better.. just that the Germans don't actually have any?

(in reply to alex0809)
Post #: 3
RE: Naval part of the game - 8/9/2012 10:14:21 PM   
krupp_88mm

The german navy is pretty useless im afraid.. the best thing you can do with them is interdict supply lines and keep them IN PORT. Put some artillery in the port with them, and keep aircover nearby, if soviets get too close you can hit them with air and art then launch naval attack, and then pull them back to the port on the same turn if your attack is successful, readiness affects ship combat about the same as normal units, so bombardment helps alot to soften up ships just like it would land units.. which is kinda silly i think. Soviets wont be able to attack you in port with art defense in the hex. Of course this means there is only a very limited amount you can do with the navy.. id suggest moving it to the ports east of Sevastopol to let them interdict the supply from the ports. I think air attacks on ships should be more deadly, and naval combat perhaps less deadly.

< Message edited by krupp_88mm -- 8/9/2012 10:15:28 PM >

(in reply to alex0809)
Post #: 4
RE: Naval part of the game - 8/10/2012 12:18:03 AM   
starbuck310

Landed troops and destroyed a few soviet ships. Good option as a diversion attack to draw off troops but with so much soviet Navy its very unlikely that you could maintain supply.

I found the best use was to interdict Sevastopol supply lines to port.

(in reply to krupp_88mm)
Post #: 5
RE: Naval part of the game - 8/10/2012 8:24:39 AM   
Vic

The german uboots arrive later on. Only in uranus scn they are present from the start.

best
vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to starbuck310)
Post #: 6
RE: Naval part of the game - 8/10/2012 11:42:11 AM   
alex0809

Ah alright, thanks for the answer.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> The War Room >> Naval part of the game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI