Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changing support level issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Changing support level issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing support level issue - 8/8/2012 4:43:10 AM   
IdahoNYer

Definately not a bug report, rather a request to prevent a bonehead move such as I just did in my last turn. In the commander's report screen, I accessed the support level function for all units by mistake. I then closed the window......

What I failed to realize, is that by closing the window without setting a value, I unlocked all my HQs, and set them to 0.

Next turn, I (luckily) noticed all my non engineer units had moved out of the army HQs!!!

That this will be a real pain to fix in my next turn is putting it mildly!!!

What I'd ask is that some type of control is placed here - forcing the player to check a block before all his HQs support level is changed. Its just too important to change by mistake as I managed to do. Closing a window should NOT change the status!!!!

thanks,
Post #: 1
RE: Changing support level issue - 8/8/2012 7:21:35 AM   
Helpless

I understand your frustration. Unfortunately this is known problem with number entering dialog. The way it is designed that it needs to return value and assignment happens outside the function. It makes it very hard to change it without major code substitutions.

Easy solution would be to add confirmation dialog when setting values for the selection in CR.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

(in reply to IdahoNYer)
Post #: 2
RE: Changing support level issue - 8/20/2012 8:57:54 AM   
AFV

I had the exact same thing happen to me- so its not the only time this has happened to someone!
This would be crippling if it were not for the ability to use the traveling circus STAVKA on rails to get them all back in the Armies- otherwise the AP cost would crush you.

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Changing support level issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI