Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!Reinforcements on the Frontline!New shipping cost for European territories!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

wasp

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> wasp Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
wasp - 8/8/2012 3:10:48 AM   
douglove

hi guys,my wasp took a torp hit off port mosby,i got her back the los angeles,but she has 41 fires and 66 float damage,is there any way to fight the fires,i cannot dock her,flew off all airgroups.thanks doug
Post #: 1
RE: wasp - 8/8/2012 3:51:13 AM   
witpqs

First off, being at a good port you've got covered.

More naval support probably also helps. (But, could you really get more there before Wasp either sinks or puts out the fires?)

Being disbanded in the port is best, if you were not near a port then having other ships in the same TF that have good crew ratings and (probably) good commander ratings would help.

Come to think of it, having a good commander on Wasp should also help. Now that she is disbanded in port you can replace the leader if need be. Look at the Leadership and Inspiration stats for this.

At this point, being that you have the ship disbanded in Los Angeles, probably just wait.

BTW, you will not be be able to go into anything other than "Readiness" type repairs until the fires are out.

Good luck.

(in reply to douglove)
Post #: 2
RE: wasp - 8/8/2012 6:24:36 AM   
Fallschirmjager

You got her from Port Moresby to Los Angeles and she is still on fire???

I am not doubting you, but I have never ever seen that. Usually Allied ships burn for a max of 3 days. Unless they are over 50 fires and 50 system damage they are usually controlled.
Japanese ships may burn for longer but usually sink.

PM to LA for a damaged ship must of taken several weeks.

< Message edited by Fallschirmjager -- 8/9/2012 4:25:09 AM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3
RE: wasp - 8/8/2012 12:08:52 PM   
douglove

fallschirmjager,i think i was just lucky,i tried to get bb with less damage from pearl to san fran and they sunk,it took from aug-12-42 to sept-3-42 to make the trip,thanks for the help guys

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 4
RE: wasp - 8/8/2012 2:16:43 PM   
nashvillen

I am with Fallschirmjager, how did she get to LA from PM on fire without sinking? Do you have some screenshots? This would be interesting to see.

As for the fires, you just have to wait for them to go out. Like witpqs says leadership, naval support, port size are all things that can help shorten the procedure. I have not seen ships burn more than a few days, the crews either put out the fires or the ocean does when the ship sinks...

(in reply to douglove)
Post #: 5
RE: wasp - 8/8/2012 5:32:39 PM   
LoBaron

Agree with what FJ said. The longest fire I have ever seen burning on a ship was 4 days. Longer is guaranteed loss or fire is out by then. No way for a CV to survive
the whole trip from PM to LA burning, as fire dmg causes sys dmg continuousely.

Is it possible you are confusing dmg type? Or location where damage was inflicted? Screen would be interesting.

Anyways, if what you say is correct, LA should easily cover any ship with 66flt/41fires, except if sys dmg is completely off the roof, so no worries.

S**t happens in war.

All hail the superior ones!

(in reply to douglove)
Post #: 6
RE: wasp - 8/10/2012 3:28:26 AM   
douglove

system damage is only 14,only screenshot would have is her in port,could i have a bug in the game,i have not did any o the patchs,i asure you guys thats what happened,i have no reason to lie.thanks doug

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 7
RE: wasp - 8/10/2012 10:59:00 AM   
LoBaron

No worries, dough. Noone suggested a lie. Just that you might have missed something, as what you describe is unusual bordering impossible. It is either a bug or the damage is not as old as you think, or your interpretation of the situation is not correct.

S**t happens in war.

All hail the superior ones!

(in reply to douglove)
Post #: 8
RE: wasp - 8/10/2012 1:38:31 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: douglove

system damage is only 14,only screenshot would have is her in port,could i have a bug in the game,i have not did any o the patchs,i asure you guys thats what happened,i have no reason to lie.thanks doug

she was on fire all the time and system damage is only 14? Must be a bug then

(in reply to douglove)
Post #: 9
RE: wasp - 8/10/2012 2:46:35 PM   
crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: douglove

Do the patches......

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to douglove)
Post #: 10
RE: wasp - 8/10/2012 4:15:01 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Agree with what FJ said. The longest fire I have ever seen burning on a ship was 4 days. Longer is guaranteed loss or fire is out by then. No way for a CV to survive

Is it possible you are confusing dmg type? Or location where damage was inflicted? Screen would be interesting.

Anyways, if what you say is correct, LA should easily cover any ship with 66flt/41fires, except if sys dmg is completely off the roof, so no worries.

Only thing I can think of too be burning upon arrival at LA after moving from Port Moresby would be it was attacked by a sub near the port, or possibly a critical failure on a damage control roll (if that is even possible).

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 11
RE: wasp - 8/10/2012 5:15:20 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Only thing I can think of too be burning upon arrival at LA after moving from Port Moresby would be it was attacked by a sub near the port, or possibly a critical failure on a damage control roll (if that is even possible).

This was my thought as well, but I have never had a ship catch fire from failing to control damage - just an increase in floatation damage.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 12
RE: wasp - 8/11/2012 11:36:27 PM   
douglove

hi,six days later and all damage still the same,how does one use the patchs,will it mess up your currenr game,i am into jan.43.thanks doug

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> wasp Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI