Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PzIII's showing up as "Light Tanks" in OOB, replacements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> PzIII's showing up as "Light Tanks" in OOB, replacements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PzIII's showing up as "Light Tanks" in OOB, r... - 8/7/2012 5:38:41 AM   
sandman2575

I can't tell if this is a bug - ? But I've noticed that in the Replacements and also in the individual OOB's for panzer divisions, the Panzer III's (all models) are being classified as "Light Tanks" even though when you open the 'unit trooptype' window they are listed, correctly, as "Medium Tanks".

I noticed this on a few turns when I got 5x PzIIIJ replacements and thought "great!", and then when I went to Stats-Replacements Received to see what division got the shiny new Panzer IIIs, the only tanks listed as having come in were "Light Tanks."

***while we're on the subject...

Does anyone understand the "Unit Details / Repl. Received" window? I thought I did but I can't make sense of *why* the numbers change when you toggle a unit to "PRIORITY" replacements.

For ex., one of my panzer divisions marked "Priority" shows this:

Repl. Type:
-Light Tank Req: 15(85) / In: 5 / Ret: 0 / D-Ret: 0
-Med. Tank Req: 10(60) / In: 0 / Ret: 0 / D-Ret: 0

Now, I thought the number in parentheses was just the number of units of that type you are missing -- because if you go to another unit *not* marked Priority, just regular '100%' replacements, those numbers match up. I figure the first number in the "Req." matrix is the number of replacements being requested, and the parentheses number is the number of units missing of that type. That assumption works for units marked "100%". But "Priority"? In the above case, the division is in fact missing 40 light tanks, not the (85) listed in parens, and missing 30 medium tanks, not the (60) in parens. I then thought maybe the parens #'s were percentages of some kind, but I don't see how that works.

Also -- "Ret" and "D-Ret" -- ???

< Message edited by sandman2575 -- 8/7/2012 5:57:21 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: PzIII's showing up as "Light Tanks" in OO... - 8/7/2012 2:08:16 PM   
Vic

Thanks for the comments. Your right. The reason here is the PzIII variants and the Pz38 and Pz35 belong to the medium tank unitgroup but to the light tank reinforcement group. I did this to make Pz divisions distinguish in their requiremenets for PzIIIs (reinfgroup:light) and PzIVs (reinfgroup: medium). I am going to rename this reinforcementgroup for PzIIIs to light-med tanks to take away this confusion.

I think there is some double reporting of requests going on when priority is set. This however only impacts the reports (the correct ammount is actually requested). Will fix this for upcoming patch v1.02. Thanks for pointing my attention to this.

best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to sandman2575)
Post #: 2
RE: PzIII's showing up as "Light Tanks" in OO... - 8/7/2012 2:40:29 PM   
sandman2575

Thanks for clarifying, Vic.

Just so it's clear -- in the "Repl. Received" panel -- when you have a unit at "100%" replacements (not priority, which seems to be giving errors):

Light tank: Req: 10(45) / In: 5 / Ret: 0 / D-Ret: 0

This means: the unit is missing 45 light tanks from its full OOB complement. It is requesting 10 new light tanks at the soonest opportunity - ? In this turn, it just received 5 new tanks ("In"). I assume "Ret" would be if the unit returned any units to OKH, and "D-Ret" would be any units returned for a division set to "Disband"? If that's correct, it raises a question: why would any division "Return" units to OKH that was *not* set to "Disband" -?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: PzIII's showing up as "Light Tanks" in OO... - 8/7/2012 3:40:32 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: sandman2575

Thanks for clarifying, Vic.

Just so it's clear -- in the "Repl. Received" panel -- when you have a unit at "100%" replacements (not priority, which seems to be giving errors):

Light tank: Req: 10(45) / In: 5 / Ret: 0 / D-Ret: 0

This means: the unit is missing 45 light tanks from its full OOB complement. It is requesting 10 new light tanks at the soonest opportunity - ? In this turn, it just received 5 new tanks ("In"). I assume "Ret" would be if the unit returned any units to OKH, and "D-Ret" would be any units returned for a division set to "Disband"? If that's correct, it raises a question: why would any division "Return" units to OKH that was *not* set to "Disband" -?

Ahh yes the remainder of your questions.. Yes thats correct except for D-Ret which means any returned troops/eqp to OKH that got destroyed in the process of being returned (this can only happen if it travels over sea hexes).

Best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

Post #: 4
RE: PzIII's showing up as "Light Tanks" in OO... - 8/8/2012 2:44:26 AM   
sandman2575

Vic -- I suspect related to the replacements issue -- here I notice the PzIIIJ in a division that is "Priority" and has received pziiij replacements now shows up as "Light Tank" in the unit window:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by sandman2575 -- 8/8/2012 2:45:07 AM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 5
RE: PzIII's showing up as "Light Tanks" in OO... - 8/8/2012 10:48:12 AM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: sandman2575

Vic -- I suspect related to the replacements issue -- here I notice the PzIIIJ in a division that is "Priority" and has received pziiij replacements now shows up as "Light Tank" in the unit window:

this is not a bug. It is is a way to abstract getting more then 8 types of equipment into 8 slots to show them :)

click the unit troops tab + white dot (again) to switch views.

best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

Post #: 6
RE: PzIII's showing up as "Light Tanks" in OO... - 8/9/2012 1:16:35 AM   
sandman2575

Ah, I finally understand what the "White Dot" is for!

Sorry for the 'false positive' on a new bug....

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> PzIII's showing up as "Light Tanks" in OOB, replacements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI