Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is Prioritization of Replacement Working?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Is Prioritization of Replacement Working? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is Prioritization of Replacement Working? - 8/5/2012 5:12:16 AM   
balto

After the last patch, I decided to start against the AI.

I noticed that I cannot set the Replacement percentages for anything below the Corp level. For example, whatever I put the Corp at, all of its Divisions mirror that. I cannot make the Division % different than the Corp %. I also cannot make the individual regiments have different %'s, they all must have the same %.

I am pretty sure a short time ago I could do this. If I am correct, then one of the patches changed this.

Could someone else test this? I am sure this is not how this is supposed to work.

Post #: 1
RE: Is Prioritization of Replacement Working? - 8/5/2012 6:22:31 AM   
starbuck310

Not sure but rebuilding units is working very well. Great design choice IMHO for rehabilitating badly mauled units.

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 2
RE: Is Prioritization of Replacement Working? - 8/5/2012 8:26:24 AM   
rominet

quote:

ORIGINAL: balto

I noticed that I cannot set the Replacement percentages for anything below the Corp level. For example, whatever I put the Corp at, all of its Divisions mirror that. I cannot make the Division % different than the Corp %. I also cannot make the individual regiments have different %'s, they all must have the same %.

I am pretty sure a short time ago I could do this. If I am correct, then one of the patches changed this.

Could someone else test this? I am sure this is not how this is supposed to work.

Strange.
I have the beta patch 1.01 but i can still set differents % i want between OKH, army HQ, Corps HQ and divisions.
The exception is for divisions, they are considered by the game as one piece for pourcentage. If i set 25% for one of its regiments, the whole division is involded.

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 3
RE: Is Prioritization of Replacement Working? - 8/5/2012 11:08:53 AM   
DBeves

quote:

ORIGINAL: rominet

quote:

ORIGINAL: balto

Strange.
I have the beta patch 1.01 but i can still set differents % i want between OKH, army HQ, Corps HQ and divisions.
The exception is for divisions, they are considered by the game as one piece for pourcentage. If i set 25% for one of its regiments, the whole division is involded.

quote:

are considered by the

I think it works that way - tried before the patch - I dont beleive you can set individual percentages for regiments - if you set for one it transfers to all other units in the division. was disappointed it worked that way but appeared it did.

(in reply to rominet)
Post #: 4
RE: Is Prioritization of Replacement Working? - 8/5/2012 12:48:15 PM   
balto

I was looking at the first %, not the unit percentage (which is in parenthesis). But as you both state, I cannot set the individual regiments. I guess I was imagining that you could in the beginning.

You would think you should be able to do this.

Thank you both for responding.

(in reply to DBeves)
Post #: 5
RE: Is Prioritization of Replacement Working? - 8/5/2012 8:54:18 PM   
bwheatley

The granularity to set an individual regiment to PRIORITY would help when you have a mauled regiment i agree. But I wouldn't want to lose the ability to quickly set a whole division with 1 click though.

-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 6
RE: Is Prioritization of Replacement Working? - 8/10/2012 6:35:26 PM   
balto

Same subject. I am thinking that this is still not clear.

If you set an Army at 50%, the Corps will say "50%(100%)." The units will say the same thing "50%(100%)." If click anything other than 100%, the numbers on ALL of the units beneath it continue to have this same format, the percentage than a percentage in brackets. The MouseOver states that what is in brackets is the CUMULATIVE percentage for this unit. But what does that really mean?

Here is what I think it means ---

If you have two identical units (unit A and unit B) and both are set at 100% replacement but unit A is under Corp I will 100% replacement and unit B is under Corp with 50% replacement - does unit A get more replacments than unit B?

I think it does.

If I am correct, you know what sucks about that? You cannot prevent infantry from filling up the Army and Corps units because if you set them to anything less than 100% replacement.., all the units under them will suffer the <100% replacement designation.

In conclusion, it already is less than optimal that we cannot regulate replacements by unit (you cannot prevent replacement infantry from going to Arty), now you cannot customize what transfers to your HQ units because the combat elements below them will suffer.

Is this correct? I think it is.

< Message edited by balto -- 8/10/2012 6:37:21 PM >

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 7
RE: Is Prioritization of Replacement Working? - 8/10/2012 7:22:04 PM   
anonymous

If you set a HQ to 75%(75%), then you can set an unit under it to 100%(PRO), which makes it receive more replacement than default:75%(100%).

But i am not sure it can prevent HQ being filled up with infantry. The RPL in HQ is for whole Army or Corp, not for the HQ only.

I am sure that the highest HQ only send the excess infantry, and the other units will not send troops in it to friend in normal.

So, i think the question is when a division and a HQ in the command chain are both under 100%, how to fill the division first?

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 8
RE: Is Prioritization of Replacement Working? - 8/10/2012 7:31:18 PM   
balto

Hi Anonymous,

In you first sentence, I think what that would do is the 75% of supplies that flow to the units HQ.., it would get Priority of the other divisions in its own HQ (that is only getting 75% supplies). It really is not clear at all.

(in reply to anonymous)
Post #: 9
RE: Is Prioritization of Replacement Working? - 8/10/2012 9:42:50 PM   
anonymous

The first number is the real replacement in all the units, and the number in brackets is what you set to the unit.
If you set an Army to 75%(75%), then a Corp under it can be set to 75%(PRO), and a division under the Corp can be set to 100%(PRO) or 100%(100%) like normal.
I've tried just now.
In round 1, i've checked the autoreinforcementlog.txt under logs directory, all the replacement are in priority cycle 2.
And i set as this, all the units are requesting infantry, except OKH, 11A, 6A.
OKH 100/100
    11A 75/75
        LIV 56/75
            132nd 75/PRIO

XXX 75/100
            170th 100/PRIO

XXXXII 100/PRIO
            46th 100/PRIO
    6A 100/100
        XVII 100/100
            79th PRIO/PRIO

In round 2, i check the autoreinforcementlog.txt, and found that in priority cycle 1, only 6 times infantry to 79th Division, the other replacement are still in priority cycle 2.
46th and 170th are only one infantry, and the other infantry are randomly transferred to the units i have not touched, but none is transferred to a HQ. The units under LIV Corp and XXX are get nothing, except for 170th.

And i must correct what i've said in last post. A 100% unit may also return troops.
I found 2A(HUN) and 8A(ITA) both return 1 staff from their 10 staff to OKH in each round, and IV Corp(HUN) and CSIR(ITA) both receive 1 staff in round 2, their staffs are increase from 8 to 9(the IV Corp(HUN) have received another HQ from Highcommand, so it's now 10 staffs).
It seems that the HQ with only other HQs under it will return it staff to OKH for the HQs that command troops.

And as you see in my set list, i cannot set 46th to PRIO/PRIO, i think PRIO can only affect one level in HQ chain.

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Is Prioritization of Replacement Working? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI