Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply Layer for Enemy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Supply Layer for Enemy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply Layer for Enemy - 8/5/2012 2:39:54 AM   
balto

I had posted this in one of the AARs. I did not want to hi-jack that thread anymore than I did. So I am re-starting here.

I think that the the Supply Layer would make this already time consuming game (because of the large number of units) a little easier for us to enjoy the game. Instead of us having to touch the screen with our fingers and add up hexes and terrain penalties and ZOC, etc.., it would be better if we could just click on enemy units and see their supply. Our own units block supply so FOW is NEVER an issue.

Vic replied that "Actually you can select an enemy held hex and the press the supply layer button to get a prognosis how supply would flow out of the selected hex." This would have been helpful, but it does not work. I am unsure if it was the latest patch but the Supply Layer is blanked out when you click on an enemy hex.

I was curious if anyone else wanted this? And those of that don't, could you explain why because I have no idea how everyone would not want this. I have been wrong a heck of a lot, so I am prepared to get beat-up for this post.

< Message edited by balto -- 8/5/2012 2:41:16 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Supply Layer for Enemy - 8/5/2012 8:31:23 AM   
rominet

I use the supply layer in ennemy territory and it is working perfectely (even with FOG).
I don't understand why it doesn't work with you.

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply Layer for Enemy - 8/5/2012 12:59:53 PM   
balto

Thank you for getting me to keep clicking around and testing this. I discovered that there is a trick to getting this to work

If you have a selected an enemy unit, the Jerry Can will be greyed out and thus the Supply Layer will not work.

To get the Supply to function in enemy territory you must have selected a VACANT enemy hex, THEN select the Jerry Can.

If you selected your own Supply Layer, THEN click into enemy territory, it will not work.

Thank you.

< Message edited by balto -- 8/5/2012 1:26:10 PM >

(in reply to rominet)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply Layer for Enemy - 8/5/2012 1:34:22 PM   
balto

The Supply Layer calculation does not seem to take into account Enemy ZOC.

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply Layer for Enemy - 8/5/2012 1:39:32 PM   
balto

Whoa, it also appears that the Enemy Supply Layer is calculating from point-to-point and NOT from OKH/Stavka.

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 5
RE: Supply Layer for Enemy - 8/5/2012 6:29:38 PM   
jnpoint

I think it works the way it should do, but I would like if I also could choose an enemy hex with a unit in it.

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 6
RE: Supply Layer for Enemy - 8/5/2012 11:33:49 PM   
balto

JnPoint, if Supply Layer does not take into account ZOC, and Enemy Supply Layer does not take it from Stavka/OKH, and you have to click a vacant enemy hex - how is it working? I am not arguing, I want to understand what you are saying.

(in reply to jnpoint)
Post #: 7
Supply Layer for Enemy! - 8/6/2012 7:12:11 PM   
Templer

Deleted.

< Message edited by Templer -- 8/6/2012 7:17:03 PM >

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Supply Layer for Enemy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI