Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/4/2012 8:17:45 PM   
parusski

Which Matrix/partner games, let's say released over the last 12 months or so, are you playing.

Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue
Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps
Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear!
Unity of Command

From Slitherine:

Commander The Great War Beta.

< Message edited by parusski -- 8/4/2012 8:21:37 PM >

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Post #: 1
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/4/2012 8:25:47 PM   
british exil

Bought DCWtP because it was on offer, but due to the Olympics can't play. Have to watch as much as I can.
Traveling to London on Monday to try to soak up the atmosphere, even though I couldn't get any tickets.
After next week I can relax and power up my pc for "work". With another 2 weeks holiday.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 2
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/4/2012 8:27:06 PM   
**budd**

Case Blue
APOS
combat command

on deck next
PCO
WTP

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 3
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/4/2012 9:16:13 PM   
Lützow

None, I'm waiting for the next huge game or some iPad stuff.

Last strategy title I enjoyed was CK II.

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 4
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/4/2012 9:18:10 PM   
warspite1

Still waiting for MWIF.......

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 5
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/4/2012 10:12:18 PM   
Jeffrey H.

ATG

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 6
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/4/2012 10:40:41 PM   
junk2drive

I can't tell ya.

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 7
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/4/2012 10:53:23 PM   
Hertston

Dabbling in Conflict of Heroes occasionally, but mostly playing stuff picked up in the Steam sale at the mo.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 8
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/4/2012 11:49:55 PM   
planner 3

Panzer Corps DLC45 and SPwaw 8.403 lo cas version. Flipping back and forth, eagerly awaiting AFRIKA (D-day-2)

< Message edited by planner 3 -- 8/6/2012 5:43:20 AM >

"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 9
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/4/2012 11:57:29 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

I can't tell ya.

S. Ambrose, Rules Of The Post - "If you make any reply to a thread question you MUST answer said questions."

So, you will tell us.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 10
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/4/2012 11:59:16 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Looking forward to MWIF.

But I expected no answer from you, since you are running a half-dozen threads that have close to 30,000 cumulative views...you are way to busy to play a game...or work.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 11
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/5/2012 12:30:15 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Looking forward to MWIF.

But I expected no answer from you, since you are running a half-dozen threads that have close to 30,000 cumulative views...you are way to busy to play a game...or work.
Warspite1

Indeed. The only games I am playing (from time to time) are CIV IV and Rome TW. Will give MWIF another 6 months or if not out may try to get properly into either WITP-AE or WITE?

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 12
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/5/2012 12:40:28 AM   
parusski

quote:

WITP-AE or WITE?

I CAN recommend WitE-great, giant scale game. Love it. Just avoid the WitE section with topics like: "WitE is broken if I can't control the production of the commander's hatch..."

WitP is even worse...from the standpoint of a never ending game where you control how many, and what type, pencils are distributed to your subs.

What was the point of this??

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 13
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/5/2012 2:34:19 AM   
ilovestrategy

I would love to play WiTE. Just cannot afford it.

I got burnt out on Storm over the Pacific (I did three grand campaigns so far) so I'm playing Skyrim, Rome Total War, and just passed my fifth year of Lord of the Rings Online.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 14
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/5/2012 5:03:04 AM   
flanyboy

quote:

Which Matrix/partner games, let's say released over the last 12 months or so, are you playing.

From Slitherine:

quote:

How? Is it out already? I thought August 6th... I will be playing that then. I will also be starting a new War in the pacific AE game soon and hopefully will be buying Battle of Britain/Bombing the Reich 12 o'clock high. Trying to see if its worth a purchase and if its still broken or if they fixed it. The original was good but at lot of game fun killing bugs.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 15
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/5/2012 8:24:40 AM   
terje439

Released in the last 12 months?!
Then, only Panzer Corps

Older games;
Witp:AE
CoG:EE
WitE
FoF (watched some pictures in the witp:ae forum, and watched the Gettysburg DvD...)

Terje

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 16
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/5/2012 6:59:32 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: flanyboy

quote:

From Slitherine:

quote:

How? Is it out already? I thought August 6th... I will be playing that then. I will also be starting a new War in the pacific AE game soon and hopefully will be buying Battle of Britain/Bombing the Reich 12 o'clock high. Trying to see if its worth a purchase and if its still broken or if they fixed it. The original was good but at lot of game fun killing bugs.

Panzer Corps: Aftika Corps BETA is what I should have typed.

(in reply to flanyboy)
Post #: 17
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/5/2012 8:56:55 PM   
Mac Linehan

Gents -

WitP AE has taken up most of my game time (no surprise there... <grin>)

Am beginning to allot part of my game time to playing / learning other games:

WitE with the Danube expansion - bought it last Christmas. Read the rules, then on hold (AE took precedence). Am currently rereading the WitE rules - as I know it will be good. Hope to start playing today. After years of immersion, studying and playing AE (which I truly am addicted to), it is a refreshing change of pace to read and play WitE that moves at a much faster pace - and, while detailed in it's own way, is less complicated than AE. It is a bit of an adjustment to go from one day turns (AE) to one week turns.

As a serious player of SPI's War in the West / War in the East since 1974 (IIRC), I know that GG WitE will be very enjoyable.

Also want to play:

CoGEE / GG ED to BTR / Distant Worlds / WW1 Gold. All (with the exception of CoGEE) are waiting patiently on my hard drive...

Edit: DC WtP and DC Case Blue are most definitely on the list.

Mac

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 8/5/2012 9:00:48 PM >

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 18
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/5/2012 9:11:30 PM   
Jamm

Conflict of Heroes
Panzer Corps
( all acronyms have been removed for your safety )

When the going gets weird,... the weird turn pro
Hunter S Thompson

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jamm-works/669418463128598?ref=bookmarks

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 19
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/5/2012 9:13:17 PM   
Orm

quote:

( all acronyms have been removed for your safety )

Thank you.

"It would seem that you have no useful skill or talent whatsoever," he said.
"Have you thought of going into teaching?"

(in reply to Jamm)
Post #: 20
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/5/2012 9:22:09 PM   
parusski

As spoketh Mac Linehan
quote:

You need to get both...NOW.

Post #: 21
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/5/2012 9:50:52 PM   
mikkey

Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich
War in the Pacific - Admiral's Edition

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 22
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/6/2012 12:07:59 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikkey

Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich
War in the Pacific - Admiral's Edition

Never tried the first.

Can't focus long enough on the second.

(in reply to mikkey)
Post #: 23
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/6/2012 2:27:28 AM   
TonyE

Harpoon Classic with user created scenarios and database

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 24
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/6/2012 3:37:49 AM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

As spoketh Mac Linehan
quote:

You need to get both...NOW.

parusski -

Will do so as soon as feasible. This weekend it came down to either the DC games or Don to the Danube; the latter won because I already owned WitE.

Thank You for the recommendation.

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 25
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/6/2012 8:29:45 AM   
Alan Sharif

Case Blue, and also one title older than 12 months, War in the East. Actually, also Operation Star, but this is pre the Matrix Release.

< Message edited by Alan Sharif -- 8/6/2012 8:31:31 AM >

A Sharif

Post #: 26
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/6/2012 9:23:00 PM   
Orm

Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich is the only Matrix game I currently play that is fairly new. I wish I had the energy to begin playing WiTE.

Once a month or so I play a game of Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War.

"It would seem that you have no useful skill or talent whatsoever," he said.
"Have you thought of going into teaching?"

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 27
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/6/2012 11:55:13 PM   
Lieste

Command Ops... various flavours including the earlier Airborne Assault series.

Generally not a fan of arbitrary scale hex-n-turn games, or RTS types.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 28
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/7/2012 12:49:28 AM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alan Sharif

Case Blue, and also one title older than 12 months, War in the East. Actually, also Operation Star, but this is pre the Matrix Release.

Alan -

I do have Achtung Panzer - Kharkov. Have not played it for a long time. I believe that it is made by the Operation Star folks?

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 29
RE: Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? - 8/7/2012 3:26:31 AM   
Joe 98

Combat Command Matrix edition:

Jungle hexes

Winter hexes

Fall hexes.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Which current Matrix/partners games are you playing??? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI