pbem++

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

bwheatley

pbem++

Post by bwheatley »

I'm trying to get this setup for this game but it tells me i can't register with my chosen username...since i used it for wite. And i can't login since it says i need to register first. Please tell me i don't need a specific username for each game i get that uses slitherines stuff?

-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
Vic

RE: pbem++

Post by Vic »

Do you have v1.01(b) or still v1.00?
I thought it should work with the v1.01 patched version...

Best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
abulbulian

Post by abulbulian »

Bill and I are about to start a game. He's probably still sleeping [>:](on west coast). We're both on 1.01b. I was able to register, just had to use a different username than the one I had set up a while back for WitE. We're just going to do regular PBEM as we've always had issues with the 'Siltherene' PBEM++ application. Don't like the idea depending on an unproven third party store / distribute my turn files.

BTW Vic great game so far. I've been looking forward to your next installment of the DC series.

[&o] [&o]
- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha/Beta Tester WitW and WitE2

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu
Ritterkrieg_slith

Post by Ritterkrieg_slith »

I too am having that issue. I reinstalled the game to fix the graphic error I was getting because I made an error and didn't backup. Doh!
I cannot register under my original username for pbem... Even tho I have already played a game and still have a game in limbo.

Troy
Vic

Post by Vic »

-deleted this-
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Vic

Post by Vic »

Ok... just did some further testing.

There are 2 cases.

1. You have registered your serial before but did a vanilla install. (like Ritterkrieg above) When your press PBEM++ it says your serial is already registered but you still need to login. You can then login if you press OK with your previously supplied username and password. This should work in v1.01.

2. You have NOT registered your serial before, but want to use an existing username and password.
This is a problem i now clearly see. The login button is disabled when this happens in v1.00 and v1.01. I am working on this right now and hope to have a hotfix version up soon.

best,
Vic

Vic

Post by Vic »

I have a private beta build ready for testing to solve issue 2 with the player wanting to user an existing username/password registered with a different game (like WITE) already . Please PM me to receive download link.

best,
Vic
Ritterkrieg_slith

Post by Ritterkrieg_slith »

It seems there is also a 3rd case.

I am registered, have reinstalled vanilla but when I attempt to PBEM, it says you must still login in. when I attempt that, it says error 8, user already in use. I go back to register and click 'already registered' and it you must still login...and so on...

Thanks for your help here.

Troy
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

ORIGINAL: Vic

2. You have NOT registered your serial before, but want to use an existing username and password.
This is a problem i now clearly see. The login button is disabled when this happens in v1.00 and v1.01. I am working on this right now and hope to have a hotfix version up soon.

best,
Vic

What you should do in this case is login in your Slitherine account, register the game there. Once done start the game and proceed with pbem++. Easy [:)]
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: rjh1971

ORIGINAL: Vic

best,
Vic

What you should do in this case is login in your Slitherine account, register the game there. Once done start the game and proceed with pbem++. Easy [:)]

Thanks for supplying this method! :)

But to be honest i would like it to work from within the game as well for easy of use :) and i think it should work from v1.01g (which is upcoming).

best,
Vic

Return to “Tech Support”