Don to the Danube

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Moltke71

Don to the Danube

Post by Moltke71 »

Jim Cobb
hfarrish

RE: Don to the Danube

Post by hfarrish »

Does Don to the Danube really have two week turns?
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Turns are one week as in the original game.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

Easy to read and agree with. Simple error on 2-week turns/1-week turns doesn't change findings. Must say that fans of WitE can accept and may apreciate the details, but there are many gamers out there that might want a simpler interface and quicker play.
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

Bismark -

Thank You for the link to your review. It confirmed my desire to purchase the Don to the Danube expansion.

While I am still very much addicted to WitP AE, I am beginning to allot time to learn or play other games. WitE is at the top of the list. Bought it last Christmas, read the rules - then on hold because of AE.

Am off for a few days, so currently rereading the rules and hope to play today.

While very detailed in it's own way, WitE's one week turns are a nice change of pace from the AE highly detailed one day turns (which I thoroughly enjoy... <grin>).

Your review was well written and informative, Sir!

Mac
LAV-25 2147
hfarrish

Post by hfarrish »

Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to nitpick the author - just clarifying an important point. One week turns on an IGOUGO system are hard enough, two week turns would be impossible!!

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”