Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Player/Opponent md5-hash-keys are out of sync ??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> Player/Opponent md5-hash-keys are out of sync ?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Player/Opponent md5-hash-keys are out of sync ?? - 8/2/2012 10:25:38 AM   
Andy Brown

What does this mean? We're getting it when my opponent trys to load for the first time a scenario that I saved using the Scenario Editor.

Andy Brown
Post #: 1
RE: Player/Opponent md5-hash-keys are out of sync ?? - 8/2/2012 1:44:22 PM   
junk2drive

Your opponent needs the scenario and map files that you created.

(in reply to Andy Brown)
Post #: 2
RE: Player/Opponent md5-hash-keys are out of sync ?? - 8/3/2012 6:14:55 AM   
Andy Brown

So let me check I've got this right.

I used the Scenario editor to create a scenario using an existing map that came with the game so I don't need to send any map files ('cos he should already have it).

I created a scenario so I send him the MyScenario.xml file which he puts in his Data\Scenario folder.

I start a new game which generates a .sav and a .xml file (with lots of #'s) which I send him and he puts in his PBM folder.

He then starts his game and loads from his multiplayer menu.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Andy

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Player/Opponent md5-hash-keys are out of sync ?? - 8/3/2012 1:27:12 PM   
junk2drive

Sounds correct.

(in reply to Andy Brown)
Post #: 4
RE: Player/Opponent md5-hash-keys are out of sync ?? - 8/3/2012 10:28:01 PM   
Stridor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Brown

I used the Scenario editor to create a scenario using an existing map that came with the game so I don't need to send any map files ('cos he should already have it).

I created a scenario so I send him the MyScenario.xml file which he puts in his Data\Scenario folder.

I start a new game which generates a .sav and a .xml file (with lots of #'s) which I send him and he puts in his PBM folder.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Andy

From memory the scenario files automatically get shared when you start a pbem (as they are small) but the map files do not. So you need to make sure your opponent has your map prior to starting the pbem.

Also make sure there are no edits made to any units xmls. If any edits have been made the game considers that you may not be gaming on an even playing field. Finally you need to be both playing with the same game version (same patch level).

Cheers

S.

(in reply to Andy Brown)
Post #: 5
RE: Player/Opponent md5-hash-keys are out of sync ?? - 8/4/2012 5:48:54 AM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stridor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Brown

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Andy

From memory the scenario files automatically get shared when you start a pbem (as they are small) but the map files do not. So you need to make sure your opponent has your map prior to starting the pbem.

Also make sure there are no edits made to any units xmls. If any edits have been made the game considers that you may not be gaming on an even playing field. Finally you need to be both playing with the same game version (same patch level).

Cheers

S.

The scenario files do get shared automatically if you're using Dropbox (or other file sharing site), but for a traditional PBEM game I think it needs to be mailed along with the turn.

Thanks!
Rick

(in reply to Stridor)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> Player/Opponent md5-hash-keys are out of sync ?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI