Should I use the Dismissal option?

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Grotius

Should I use the Dismissal option?

Post by Grotius »

I'm about to embark on the Case Blue long campaign as the Germans against the Soviet AI, and I'm debating whether or not to use the Dismissal option. I'm inclined to use it, to force myself to grapple with the political side of things. It would be a bummer to lose mid-stream because of politics, but then again, that's what the real generals faced. (And, unlike them, I *can* reload a saved game.) What do you all recommend?

Also, I'm thinking of enabling Flieger Divisions. Apart from that, I plan to use the defaults -- High Command Rules, C&C Rules, Fog of War ON, etc. I plan to play vs Normal AI (to give it a little bonus), Very Slow AI Speed.

What do you all think?
Blind Sniper

RE: Should I use the Dismissal option?

Post by Blind Sniper »

Against AI I think you must use it! [:)]
Flieger Division can be funny and given that you have only one trasport unit the impact on the game is not so important.
WitP-AE - WitE - CWII - BASPM - BaB

[center]Image[/center]
Vic

Post by Vic »

I actually think the 'dismiss rule' is most fun in PBEM games since it allows you a chance on a quick victory as opposed to playing all 120+ turns in the longer campaign scenarios and some guessing (and use of intelligence card) what the enemies orders are.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Grotius

Post by Grotius »

Thanks, guys! Heh, Vic, I expected you to say "Definitely, use Dismissal!" You're going easy on me!

Still leaning toward trying it with Dismissal on, but I'm curious what other players think.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”