Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Should I use the Dismissal option?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Should I use the Dismissal option? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Should I use the Dismissal option? - 8/2/2012 8:23:24 AM   
Grotius

I'm about to embark on the Case Blue long campaign as the Germans against the Soviet AI, and I'm debating whether or not to use the Dismissal option. I'm inclined to use it, to force myself to grapple with the political side of things. It would be a bummer to lose mid-stream because of politics, but then again, that's what the real generals faced. (And, unlike them, I *can* reload a saved game.) What do you all recommend?

Also, I'm thinking of enabling Flieger Divisions. Apart from that, I plan to use the defaults -- High Command Rules, C&C Rules, Fog of War ON, etc. I plan to play vs Normal AI (to give it a little bonus), Very Slow AI Speed.

What do you all think?

Post #: 1
RE: Should I use the Dismissal option? - 8/2/2012 9:13:19 AM   
Blind Sniper

Against AI I think you must use it!
Flieger Division can be funny and given that you have only one trasport unit the impact on the game is not so important.

Advanced Squad Leader; Grand Tactical Series; Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager; War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 2
RE: Should I use the Dismissal option? - 8/2/2012 1:33:37 PM   
Vic

I actually think the 'dismiss rule' is most fun in PBEM games since it allows you a chance on a quick victory as opposed to playing all 120+ turns in the longer campaign scenarios and some guessing (and use of intelligence card) what the enemies orders are.

best,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 8/2/2012 1:34:04 PM >

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to Blind Sniper)
Post #: 3
RE: Should I use the Dismissal option? - 8/2/2012 6:48:22 PM   
Grotius

Thanks, guys! Heh, Vic, I expected you to say "Definitely, use Dismissal!" You're going easy on me!

Still leaning toward trying it with Dismissal on, but I'm curious what other players think.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Should I use the Dismissal option? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI