A few questions?

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

GBS

A few questions?

Post by GBS »

How do I make a screenshot in this game? I see the screenshot file in the game directory but nothing in the manual about a hot key.

Explain what the supply info is telling me in the Unit Detail tab. I would really like an explanation of everything on that screen/ tab.

It's different for HQs and line units. (Hard to believe there is no mention of this in the manual.)
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
Grotius

RE: A few questions?

Post by Grotius »

GBS, there's an option in Preferences to take a screenshot automatically at the start of each game. Unfortunately, the resulting shots are sorta zoomed out, not as detailed as I like. So I just use FRAPS, the screen-capture utility. That's working fine for me. I imagine other (free) third-party screen-capture programs should work, too. There's always the good ol' PrtScrn button, followed by Paint/Gimp/Photoshop; that also works for me.

The supply numbers on the Unit Details screen would be self-explanatory to me, except that I'm still not sure whether intermediate HQs (Corps/Army for the Germans) play any role in supply distribution. The manual says no, but it seems like supply lines always travel to an HQ before they reach the ultimate destination of the combat unit. And the six fields on the screen you're asking about seem to suggest that Corps HQs are taking supply in and sending it out again.

Assuming I'm right that HQs play some role in directing supply, I read the stats as: Supply on hand are current stocks; Supply In requested is the supply request to OKH; Supply In is what in fact arrived; Lost is supply lost to interdiction (the manual does talk about that); Supply Out request is what combat units are requesting; Supply Out is what this unit actually sent along.

I would appreciate clarification on this point too, though.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”