Buildings

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

k9mike

Buildings

Post by k9mike »

Has there been thought into improving Bldg combat?? I cant believe with a game as good as this...You cant advance an clear out buildings. Sometimes this is essential to getting a better position and improving your LOS. Even games like CC that are like 15 years old have this ability. Can anyone shed some light on this....Please
Mike
Mobius

RE: Buildings

Post by Mobius »

No. You can't improve you LOS from a building position. A Defend order might get you the best sighting factor stance possible, but if the LOS is blocked by some corner or multiple walls it won't help.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: k9mike

Has there been thought into improving Bldg combat?? I cant believe with a game as good as this...You cant advance an clear out buildings. Sometimes this is essential to getting a better position and improving your LOS. Even games like CC that are like 15 years old have this ability. Can anyone shed some light on this....Please
Mike

Mike,

I'm not sure what you're saying about not being able to advance and clear out buildings. Unless you are referring to fighting within a building. But if you're talking about advancing to capture buildings, you can surely do that in PCO.

PCO is still modeled to fight in a mostly rural environment. We would like to improve the way we model fighting in a more urban environment in the next game in the series. Even with maps like Mobius Stalingrad Rail Station, we are still using the combat model for smaller village, but Mobious used some mapping techniques to create large buildings out of several smaller building models.

We'd certainly welcome any suggestions on things we should consider when we improve the urban combat routines.

Thanks!
rick
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

Yes, I am talking about fighting inside the bldg's themselves. And, yes...It does help your LOS because your units will be able to see from the frontside of the building and tell whats on other side. When you have a unit that goes into a bldg...it is only occupying that one litttle section and cant move to a diff section within the large bldg to do fighting with other units. There are some large bldgs in this game. ie...The Stalingrad Train Station. This was a perfect example I only wish I could have taken screens and showed you, but there is something wrong and I cant pull up screenshots on my PC anymore.(not sure why). I am not trying to sound like a Dick...Thanks for listening.
Mike
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Yes, I am talking about fighting inside the bldg's themselves. And, yes...It does help your LOS because your units will be able to see from the frontside of the building and tell whats on other side. When you have a unit that goes into a bldg...it is only occupying that one litttle section and cant move to a diff section within the large bldg to do fighting with other units. There are some large bldgs in this game. ie...The Stalingrad Train Station. This was a perfect example I only wish I could have taken screens and showed you, but there is something wrong and I cant pull up screenshots on my PC anymore.(not sure why). I am not trying to sound like a Dick...Thanks for listening.
Mike

If you can't pull up screen shots, check your bit depth and make sure it's set to 32 bit not 16. I used to have that happen a lot.

And yes, I agree, there are definite limitations of fighting inside of buildings.

thanks!
Rick
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Yeah, the house system works like individual houses. When bunched together they are more like townhouses or city shops where people have to go out to the street to go to the next one.

Another system has to be designed to move from room to room of a large building. But that must involve some elapse of time.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

Rick, I checked my bit depth and it is set at 32. not sure what the prob is....it doesnt only involve this game, but everything....will keep digging. thanks for the comments guys.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Rick, I checked my bit depth and it is set at 32. not sure what the prob is....it doesnt only involve this game, but everything....will keep digging. thanks for the comments guys.

You might check your System Display properties and make sure it's set correctly to 32bit. I think High Color is 16bit and True Color is 32bit, or maybe it's the oposite.

Thanks
rick

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”