Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/1/2012 3:06:15 PM   
Bison36

The civility on this site has taken a down turn from years past.

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 31
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/1/2012 4:11:45 PM   
J P Falcon

If I have a slow download of a file, I go read a book, take a dump, open a new window and browse, or whatever, and come back when the DL is done....If you are going to sit there and stare at the little flying folder for the entire time, then of course it is slow....this entire argument is superfluous....

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 32
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/1/2012 4:17:27 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: J P Falcon

If I have a slow download of a file, I go read a book, take a dump, open a new window and browse, or whatever, and come back when the DL is done....If you are going to sit there and stare at the little flying folder for the entire time, then of course it is slow....this entire argument is superfluous....

Read? Do something other than tap your foot at stare at your stopwatch? What does it all mean?

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to J P Falcon)
Post #: 33
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/1/2012 5:31:45 PM   
Iain McNeil

No - patches come direct from our server at the moment so are likely to be more variable with demand. E.g. when a Panzer Corps patch releases we really struggle to meet demand.

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Website http://www.slitherine.com

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 34
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/1/2012 5:51:32 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Valhuen

Downloading both from Primus I am getting 200kbs on a very good cable connection, I have never had downloads this slow. This also seems to be a common complaint regarding Plimus (in addition to having a bad reputation all around).

Download speeds on purchasing via Plimus are much slower than from, say, Steam or Gamersgate. Not a major issue for me as I'm quite happy to get on doing something else, but the man does have a point.

(in reply to Valhuen)
Post #: 35
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/1/2012 7:01:33 PM   
Jamm

It's all relative,

Like the last hour at work

The time it takes to receive your reward is inversely proportional to how badly you want it,..

When the going gets weird,... the weird turn pro
Hunter S Thompson

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jamm-works/669418463128598?ref=bookmarks

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 36
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/1/2012 7:02:58 PM   
Treale

I just dowloaded DC: Case Blue. Less than five minutes! Very good speed. I was close to my speed that I pay for from RoadRunner (10MBS)... I'm happy.

Tony

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 37
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/1/2012 8:36:07 PM   
Bison36

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

No - patches come direct from our server at the moment so are likely to be more variable with demand. E.g. when a Panzer Corps patch releases we really struggle to meet demand.

OK. Thanks Iain that makes sense based on what I saw for download speed variations on patching the last few times.

(in reply to Iain McNeil)
Post #: 38
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/1/2012 11:59:48 PM   
H Gilmer

I think Blizzard is the worst.

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 39
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/2/2012 11:58:12 PM   
parusski

We really need a support group. I am currently downloading Panzer Corps update v110. The speed is only 324 KB/sec. I have nothing else to do. Watch TV or Netflix I COULD do. I might read a book or a magazine or this forum. I could play one of my current games. Oh, I could do chores-that's far fetched. But I am doing none of these because I want this update yesterday. I do not have time for this. What should I do???? Anyone? Anyone?? Bueller??

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to J P Falcon)
Post #: 40
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/3/2012 9:15:04 AM   
Bison36

I was actually speaking of download rates that drop down to 0-32 kb/s which generally result in a broken download. That causes one to make numerous attempts at patching and yes constant monitoring over the course of of the download. And considering that it can take serveral hours for some of the larger patch downloads; its a significant waste of time especially if the download times out and needs to be restarted. It is not uncommon for a Matrix patch to time out or have the download break.

Thanks for the sarcasm though its was very helpful.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 41
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/3/2012 9:31:19 AM   
Iain McNeil

If you get this type of thing can you report it immediately in the general discussion forum so we can investigate at the time as its almost impossible to look in to this after the fact.

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Website http://www.slitherine.com

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 42
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/3/2012 12:52:19 PM   
parusski

quote:

Thanks for the sarcasm though its was very helpful.

Always glad to help. Thanks for appreciating that crazy thing called levity.

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 43
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/3/2012 2:14:17 PM   
Treale

Amazing variances. See my post earlier in this thread???

Tony

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 44
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/3/2012 2:48:00 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treale

I saw it and normally my download times are much faster. I just can not and never will understand the impatience of people over the download speeds. This "I deserve it now" mentality is beyond me.

(in reply to Treale)
Post #: 45
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/4/2012 7:00:06 PM   
Bison36

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treale

I saw it and normally my download times are much faster. I just can not and never will understand the impatience of people over the download speeds. This "I deserve it now" mentality is beyond me.

Clearly. It's all about a sense of entitlement and nothing else.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 46
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/4/2012 8:41:52 PM   
british exil

A watched kettle never boils!!

If I need a major download, I'll just leave my pc on at night and let it download.

I sleep, wake up, get a coffee maybe a shower first. Check the download and install the download.

Works so fast that I didn't even notice how long it took.

And yeah Parusski and W1 a kettle does boil I know, just spend the last hour watching and waiting. It does take longe whilst watching, I wonder whar Ambrose wrote about it.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 47
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/4/2012 8:47:14 PM   
parusski

quote:

If I need a major download, I'll just leave my pc on at night and let it download.

I sleep, wake up, get a coffee maybe a shower first. Check the download and install the download.

Works so fast that I didn't even notice how long it took.

OH MY GOD. THAT REALLY WORKS??? Don't you think you should start a thread so others will know how to handle downloads that do not move at the speed of light??? I am shaking...

As for what Ambrose thinks I am sure warspite can tell us.

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 48
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/4/2012 10:27:36 PM   
Scott_WAR

quote:

If you get this type of thing can you report it immediately in the general discussion forum so we can investigate at the time as its almost impossible to look in to this after the fact.

Sadly Ian,....as you can see, a few of your members will only insult anyone who does what you are asking.

(in reply to Iain McNeil)
Post #: 49
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/4/2012 11:34:29 PM   
Bison36

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_WAR

quote:

Sadly Ian,....as you can see, a few of your members will only insult anyone who does what you are asking.

+1

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 50
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/4/2012 11:41:31 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bison36

quote:

quote:

+1

My goodness guys. None of you have been insulted. We are just saying any download speed is better than the alternative-no downloads. Just FREAKING relax.

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 51
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/4/2012 11:41:41 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1

No one has been insulted. We are just having a little fun because any speed is better than the alternative-NO DOWNLOADS. Just FREAKING relax, or do what I do if I do not like what someone else posts(which is rare)I IGNORE them. See, easy.

< Message edited by parusski -- 8/4/2012 11:44:52 PM >

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 52
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/4/2012 11:43:15 PM   
planner 3

I clicked on "UPDATE" on the game itself, showed 43 mins for dowload, started, went to Living room, watched TV, came back in 1 hour, installed UPDATE 1.01 without a hitch, resume DLC where I left off, total time (with DSL), ~ 1hr 20min to install. This was at 8:00PM. I don't believe this was unreasonable, tanks SLITHERINE & MATRIX.

< Message edited by planner 3 -- 8/4/2012 11:45:27 PM >

"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 53
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/5/2012 3:12:15 AM   
Bison36

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1

No one has been insulted. We are just having a little fun because any speed is better than the alternative-NO DOWNLOADS. Just FREAKING relax, or do what I do if I do not like what someone else posts(which is rare)I IGNORE them. See, easy.

Clearly that isn't what you do since you continue to post after someone says something that you construe as apparently an unfair grievence against Matrix/Slitherine. Nor do you seem to read very well since I was speaking of the patching updates which I've experienced numberous times have a download rates that drops so low it causes a time out or broken download. You see when something has a time out or a broken down load; you could sit and read War and Peace cover to cover and it still would not have downloaded by the time you finished. Frankly this whole discussion is inane. You haven't had any issues. Good. Great. Wonderful. I and others have. We are of course not allowed to make the effort to draw this issue to the attention of Slitherine/Matrix, because you and others don't seem to feel it worthy. Hence we are impatient whiners who aren't grateful for what we have. Rather then what is the fact, certainly in my case, of attempting to bring an issue to the attention of Slitherine/Matrix of patching download stability. I'm relaxed, watching the Olympics and playing CM Fortress Italy (which btw was a 1.25+ GB download that took less than 15 minutes to download, during the download time I made a pot of coffee and emptied the bladder if you must know.) Anyway that major developer/publishing house of Battlefront must just have better access to servers and a special wink and nudge with my ISP to be allowed a download at such an amazing rate. So just FREAKING RELAXING here bro. Thanks for your advice and concern.

< Message edited by Bison36 -- 8/5/2012 3:13:41 AM >

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 54
RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? - 8/5/2012 3:45:02 AM   
NavalNewZ

Just want to jump in, and say I think there is a genuine issue here, in that the usual expectation is not being met by Plimus. For myself, ever since Matrix has switched to Plimus, I have had to make use of a download manager, and wait to 'redownload' since the given links never work (no matter whether I use, IE or Mozilla). Now I can (and do) live with this. Because posters in the forum pointed out ways around the issues, I do eventually get my games. But nowhere else that I download games or get links from result in broken links or slow download speeds by default, unlike here. The situation is liveable, but hardly first rate. It seems to me acceptable that those affected simply ask for a reasonable service (the same that you would get from most other sites)

..there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 55
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Plimus.....Really Matrix? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI