Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air HQ

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Air HQ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air HQ - 7/30/2012 4:47:17 PM   
dr.hal

Yet another HQ question! Now I've checked the manual (honest Alfred I DID try to find the answer) and can not find specifics (also did a forum search which sent me all over the place) so I'm resorting to bothering folks. I have an air HQ (RAF 223 I think, listed as HQa) in a well know location that has an airfield of size 5. I put the HQ there to give a group operations bonus (right now it can fly 6 groups without penalty) yet nothing has happened! It is still at 6 groups (one above the field size). Now the base is Aussie and the command RAF, but I don't think that makes a difference (except in real life!). What parameters are needed to allow the air HQ to lend itself to a bonus?? Hal
Post #: 1
RE: Air HQ - 7/30/2012 5:06:56 PM   
Walloc

Are u sure its a group thing. There are 2 things that can cause the airfield to get stacking penalties. Just asking.

If an Airfield has too many aircraft (physical space) or groups (administrative) present, then the
airfield is deemed overstacked. And is indicated by an ‘*’ next to the airfield.

An overstacked airfield affects how many aircraft can be launched, casualties from attacks
and aircraft repairs.

A 9+ airfield does not suffer from overstacking

An airfield can operate 50 single engine (or 25 two engine, or 12 four engine) planes per AF size
or 1 group per AF size. The best Air HQ of the same command as the base which is within range
can add its command radius to the number of groups that can be administrated, or if not in the
same command, the nearest HQ will add ½ its command radius to the number of groups.
In addition, groups at rest or in training only count as 1/3 for the purposes of counting aircraft
at the base, and don’t count at all against the number of groups. Split groups only count as
individual groups if they are attached to different HQs

Hope it helps,

Rasmus

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 2
RE: Air HQ - 7/30/2012 5:12:09 PM   
Alfred

Read this very fresh thread.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3153397

There are scattered manual references to the value of HQs for air operations. However, IIRC, the main information is provided in the readme notes of one of the patches. I'll do a separate search to bring that one to your attention.

Alfred

Edit: Also read s.9.4 of the manual, page 214 which reinforces the thread link given above

Edit #2: First patch had this change

72. Gameplay Change: Command level headquarter units now behave like an Air HQ for the purpose of determining the over-stacking limits of airfields. The effect radius of a command HQ extends out to twice the command radius, but only applies half the affect when the distance to the base is more than the command radius.

< Message edited by Alfred -- 7/30/2012 6:07:15 PM >

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 3
RE: Air HQ - 8/3/2012 8:05:11 PM   
dr.hal

Thanks Rasmus, I had checked all that. But I appreciate you checking up on me! I try to do my homework before evoking the name of Alfred.....

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 4
RE: Air HQ - 8/3/2012 8:08:17 PM   
dr.hal

Thanks Alfred, it would appear that my HQ is not aligned with the base. It is Far East, while the base is Australia (R)..... that's probably the problem... and to change the base is a LOT of political points.... at this stage in my game, no can do. And I don't really want to change the air HQ to restricted.....

< Message edited by dr.hal -- 8/3/2012 8:09:12 PM >

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Air HQ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI