Cannot get hold of the Demo

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
Lord Cool

Cannot get hold of the Demo

Post by Lord Cool »

I have recently come across the Achtung Panzer series and it looks great, exactly what I'm looking for and I will definately be buying this if all goes well with the demo.

However, the Demo for this game seems to be one of the most elusive things I have ever come across. The APOS Demo link over at the official Graviteam website is broken/dead. The gamersgate link is a corrupt file and is not able to install, I have tried this several times and the file is always corrupted. All other websites just seem link to official Graviteam website, which is of course a dead link.

This is very frustrating. Does anyone know any working links AND where the file is not corrupted like at gamersgate?
Dane49

RE: Cannot get hold of the Demo

Post by Dane49 »

I've never played or tried to download the Demo.I first came across this game by purchasing the original game Achtung Panzer 1943 from Amazon.Com for $5.00,and was impressed with the game enough to purchase the whole series of Achtung Panzer Operation Star game and DLCs from Gamersgate.I think Gamersgate is selling the Achtung Panzer Operation Star game for $18.00,which to me is very reasonable for the amount of hours of enjoyment I get from this game.This by far is the best Russian front tactical 3D simulation at the platoon to battalion level on the market to date(The graphics are amazing,and the maps are huge,some as much as 150 square kilometers with a 9 square kilometer battle area to fight on in the 3D mode).It's difficult to master at first,but there are plenty of help guides on this forum and on the Graviteam forum to get you started in the right direction.Andrey the developer on the Graviteam forum,may be able to point you to some working links to the Demo though.I've never had any problems with downloading anything from Gamersgate,so I don't know why the Demo doesn't work there.
budd

RE: Cannot get hold of the Demo

Post by budd »

demo listed on gamersgate product page for APOS.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”