Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ships redirected from retire slowly become destroyed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> ships redirected from retire slowly become destroyed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ships redirected from retire slowly become destroyed - 7/30/2012 8:14:48 AM   
endoric

ok so i found a nice abandoned fleet and i was sending about 15 ships to be retired for the research benifits.

then i got caught up in a war and grabbed the ships still waiting in line to be retired at a starport and sent them off to battle when i noticed some of the ships started to get left behind and fall out of hyperdrive.

i took a closer look and they were being disasembled one component at a time.

i tried to repair them with constructers but the game wouldn't allow it.

i could no longer give them any orders and sure enough they were eventually destroyed.

the ships who made it to combat repelled the attack but it seems once their turn to be retired was up they too began to disasemble and vanish graphically.

i also do not recall getting a research bonus for this... as i assume it needs to be done at a space port for that to take effect.

anyone else have this happen? i do belive i am using the current beta version... off the top of my head it ends wiht a .16
Post #: 1
RE: ships redirected from retire slowly become destroyed - 7/30/2012 7:31:40 PM   
Fishers of Men

Very interesting! Because of nessessity, you brought former abandoned ships out of deconstruction to go into combat. Yes, it is true that each ship to be scrapped is reduced one componet at a time. If you watch the detail screen of each ship you will see the fuel being reduced, the shields go down, and the number of ship componets to make a complete ship increase. So these ships went into battle with some parts missing.

To get a research bonus, the scrapping needs to be done at a space port. The tech field that gets the bonus will not be one of your choosing, but most likely be a level one step above an area's completed level. It seems to be random and in very small amounts.

FoM

Old............but very fast

(in reply to endoric)
Post #: 2
RE: ships redirected from retire slowly become destroyed - 7/30/2012 7:35:45 PM   
Fishers of Men

Very interesting! Because of nessessity, you brought former abandoned ships out of deconstruction to go into combat. Yes, it is true that each ship to be scrapped is reduced one componet at a time. If you watch the detail screen of each ship you will see the fuel being reduced, the shields go down, and the number of ship componets to make a complete ship increase. So these ships went into battle with some parts missing.

To get a research bonus, the scrapping needs to be done at a space port. The tech field that gets the bonus will not be one of your choosing, but most likely be a level one step above an area's completed level. It seems to be random and in very small amounts.

FoM

Old............but very fast

(in reply to endoric)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> ships redirected from retire slowly become destroyed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI