Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

agc, amphib hq benefits

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> agc, amphib hq benefits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
agc, amphib hq benefits - 7/28/2012 10:53:27 PM   
jcjordan

I'm sure it's around here somewhere but search function is like getting Hal to open the pod bay doors but does the amphib force hq on an agc give it's benefit to just it's tf or all tfs in the hex when they unload?
Post #: 1
RE: agc, amphib hq benefits - 7/29/2012 12:56:53 AM   
dr.hal

I swear I would open them if I could.... Honest Dave....

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 2
RE: agc, amphib hq benefits - 7/29/2012 2:08:40 AM   
jmalter

quoting michaelm:
"The Amphib HQ bonus applies to the hex. However the TF with the AGC will get an additional bonus for itself, even if it isn't carrying an Amphib HQ (AGC has the command and control ability. However, loading a non-amphHq will be constrained by normal loading limits)."

so, the ForceHQ applies to the whole hex - all TFs (unloading bonus) and on-land LCUs (combat bonus).
the AGC gives an unload bonus to its TF only.

more from michaelm:
"An Amphib HQ present in the TF increases the Amphibious unloading rate.
It is increased more if the Amphib HQ is on board an AGC.

If an AGC is present without a HQ, then the bonus is smaller.

Preparing the AmphibHQ for the target further increases the unloading rate."

best to search this forum using Google, use this as a bookmark:
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Amatrixgames.com/forums+%2B%22War+in+the+Pacific%3A+Admiral%27s+Edition%22+mines
then replace 'mines' w/ your preferred search terms.

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 3
RE: agc, amphib hq benefits - 7/29/2012 4:47:59 AM   
michaelm

quote:

so, the ForceHQ applies to the whole hex - all TFs (unloading bonus) and on-land LCUs (combat bonus).
the AGC gives an unload bonus to its TF only.

I don't recall saying it gave any bonus to land combat. Its sole purpose was to co-ordinate landings from my reading of books.
Only Command, Army or Corp type HQs directly affect land combat.

Michael

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 4
RE: agc, amphib hq benefits - 7/29/2012 5:47:46 AM   
jmalter

hi michaelm, i did not quote you wrt land combat bonus. it's only my opinion that the ForceHQ gives an advantage there, but i screwed up my post by boxing my own thoughts in between 2 direct quotes from you - i apologize to you & the forum-readers for that.

however, i have always thought that an embarked ForceHQ gave a land-combat bonus to unloaded LCUs in the same hex, am i wrong? i had the impression that an AGC-embarked ForceHQ (w/ an uber-leader) would help same-hex LCUs engaged in land combat, assuming the ForceHQ and LCUs were fully-prepped for the target hex.

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 5
RE: agc, amphib hq benefits - 7/29/2012 6:47:01 AM   
bigred

IIRC, amphib force HQ increases unload efficiency in same hex or adjacent hex effect(command radius) if loaded on an AGC. amphib corpHQ effects land combat in hex or adjacent hex(better if prepped at 100%) if present either unloaded w/ the troops or sitting on a AGC.

Some one told me an Amphib force hq was exactly the same as a amphib corp hq. I suspect he was wrong but not sure.

Because of the current situation where an hq gets fragmented on an invasion I left both fully prepped HQs assigned to the same hex loaded on the AGCs while the troops unloaded(fully prepped also).

---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2597400

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 6
RE: agc, amphib hq benefits - 7/29/2012 7:33:21 AM   
jmalter

well 100%prep is where you need to be.

but a phib CorpsHQ ain't the same as a phib ForceHQ. if both are loaded on AGCs, the AGCs and the ForceHQ provide an unload bonus, the CorpsHQ does not. IMO the AGC-embarked ForceHQ can give a bonus to same-hex land-combat, but i might be wrong. the AGC-embarked CorpsHQ can't do anything. i've also read in the forums of a bugh for CorpsHQ in amph-assault, that it's best to leave them at home (or don't unload them 'til the base is captured). i'd recco to make up the difference (in LCU support) w/ USA & USN BFs. dunno what you'd do to replace their land-combat leadership bonus.

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 7
RE: agc, amphib hq benefits - 7/29/2012 8:39:06 AM   
michaelm

Okay, but Amphib HQ is not a land HQ for combat purposes. It (Amphib-type HQ) is truly only aimed towards an unloading benefit for TFs.
When I am referring to HQ, it is the type of HQ, not whatever name is used.

I noticed that in original WITP. The similar sounding/looking names tends to lead to too much confusion.

Michael

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 8
RE: agc, amphib hq benefits - 7/29/2012 6:15:56 PM   
jcjordan

Thanks for the replies, I thought that was the case but wanted to be sure as I'm fixing to do the final invasions on the well entrenched troops on Okinawa/Taiwan so I was needing to know so as to limit my disruption/disable losses during landings.

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 9
RE: agc, amphib hq benefits - 11/22/2012 3:54:44 AM   
KPAX

A few follow up questions:

1. Is the AGC ship (with the HQ loaded) in the same TF as teh amp TF which is landing the troops?

2. If the AGC is in the same TF as teh landing unit, will the HQ from the AGC land as well or does it stay oaded on the AGC?

3. Or do you have teh AGC (with HQ) in a separate TF from the Amp TF, but in the same hex?

"War makes Heros on both sides." Hero (the movie)

Thanks !!

KPAX

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 10
RE: agc, amphib hq benefits - 11/22/2012 2:27:11 PM   
jmalter

re your #2, the HQm on an AGC that is part of an unloading AmphTF will unload last of all other units/supplies unloading from other ships in its TF. so it's usually easy to tell that TF to stop unloading once the other ships are down to the last few 100's of supply remaining aboard. or, you can transfer/merge loaded ships into the AGC's TF, the HQm will stay at the 'back of the queue' while these new arrivals unload.

(in reply to KPAX)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> agc, amphib hq benefits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI